“nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

had to stay here due to a water main break. nice clean room, king, fast check in. not expecting much was pleasantly surprised, 2 things needed attention... shower head was to loose and kept pointing all the way down, this is a hand held unit as well but I like old time shower's. also hair dryer was broken and had to leave with a wet head, not great in the winter time.all in all would recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bloomfield, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had reservations for 2 rooms for 4 nights stay at the hotel, first at check in I was told I to make a payment when in fact payment had been made in full. The rooms were never cleaned because it was mentioned that we were there only for a short time. What hotel does not clean rhe rooms, bathroom or take out the trash? I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I apologize for the confusion regarding your payment upon checking in. As well, I am sorry that our housekeeping offering did not meet your needs. Your feedback will be very useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at pww@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The hotel has been upgraded since my last stay and it has everything you'd expect of a mid-price extended stay hotel. It's clean and tidy, but the location directly on Route 1 Brunswick Pike means that you need a car to stay there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Charmaine did a great job making us feel like home away from home! Would highly recommend for any visitor in the area. Despite our original room smelling like smoke, she was able to accommodate our request kindly to exchange to another room and helped us locate the hotel late at night (signs are difficult to see if not familiar with the area). Thank you again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are thrilled to know you had such a great stay. Please accept our apologies that you originally had to encounter a smoking room. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to correct your situation and turn it into a positive one. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team, especially Charmaine.

Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late at night, were tired, got lost getting here but Charmaine Williamson made our stay amazing. Charmaine gave us directions with patience and kindness and even made sure we arrived ok by calling us directly to confirm we knew how to get here...meanwhile we had just arrived. Once we arrived, Charmaine was so friendly, considerate, and warm. Charmaine was friendly with the other visitors as well. We had to find a room that had no smoke residue, as people still smoke in non-smoking rooms, and Charmaine made sure to find us a perfect room. We slept very well and were happy with the clean, neat, spacious room she gave us. In sum, Charmaine's hospitality and friendly attitude made our stay amazing. I wish all hotel staff were as kind and welcoming. We will definitely return. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2013
Karina - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that Charmaine was a big part of your stay. She is always warm, welcoming and beyond pleasant. Still, it was disheartening to read that you were unable to find the hotel so easily; however, I am so happy that Charmaine helped you find your way.

Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Hotel room is clean and people are pleasant. The complimentary breakfast is somewhat limited but I wasn't expecting too much for free food really.

However, you do need to have a car in order to get in & out of this place. There is no walkway or public transportation of any kind. Even getting to the nearby restaurant is impossible without a car.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Frank - The team and I appreciate your positive remarks. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and our complimentary grab-and-go breakfast. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel needs to fire their current housekeeping staff and hire a new one I checked in last night and the room they gave me had a strong smell of Indian food. The bathroom floor was dirty with hair on and crumbs. I went back to the front desk and ask to be switched to another room because the one he gave me smelled very bad. The front desk guy was very nice and pleasant. He switched me to another room which was cleaner, however it didn't have towels. the coffee table, desk and end tables had smudges and crumbs. The stove still had a little grease and when I opened the microwave, I found a bowl of butter with spices. cups and glasses were dirty. The bed was very comfy and clean.

It's so evident that this hotel has problems with housekeeping. I read the other reviews, and they were so right about how dirty this hotel is. I wanted to give it a try anyway. I checked out the next morning and move to crown plaza hotel in Plainsboro. A budget hotel doesn't have to be dirty. I've stayed at motel 6 in another city, and it was very affordable and very clean. It seems like the manager at this hotel does not make an effort to raise the quality of cleaning standards. As far as renovations....yes, I think they've had. When you walk into the front door, the first thing you will notice is the worn out doors and dirty floors. Especially the center, where the carpet is, and the hallways smells burnt food. The front desk staff are very pleasant, and friendly. They really try to make you feel good.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor? Share your experiences!