“I've been here for months” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #15 of 15 hotels in Princeton
Hunt, Texas, United States
“I've been here for months”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I'm on a long-term consulting engagement in the area, and have been staying here since March - about 3 months now. Like most other reviewers, I find the place quiet, clean, and staffed by friendly, helpful people. It has almost everything a typical businessperson needs: comfortable bed, excellent water pressure, and quiet. Shortcomings include occasional outages of the hot water supply (about once every 2-3 weeks), and very low speed free internet - an obvious ploy to entice you to pay for the higher-speed option, which itself is not impressively fast. There is no exercise room, no pool. There is a small back yard with nice trees, a picnic bench, and a charcoal grill. The kitchen lacks an oven; it has only a microwave and a stovetop. The refrigerator is very good. The TV channel selection is limited, but does include the major networks, plus Showtime. The laundry room is clean, and everything works. It costs $2 to wash and $2 to dry. The staff keeps rolls of quarters available at the desk.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Manchester, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was recently (June 7-8) in NJ for a training seminar with three of my staff members. I had reserved three rooms at the Extended Stay back in March. When we showed up to check in, confirmation emails in hand, I was told that my rooms had been cancelled the previous night and they were currently all booked. After the man at the desk, his name was Roosevelt, punched up some stuff on the computer, he informed us that there was nothing he could do. Even though I had the emails confirming the reservations. When I asked to speak to a manager (Christine), I was told she was only available by phone but I was not allowed to speak to her on the phone. An hour later, I was told that it would be better if we just left and found another place to stay. Due to this, my staff and I missed an entire portion of our seminar. If I conducted business in this manner, I would be out of business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I´ve stay for 5 days in this hotel. It was a good stay for the price. The room is ok, the bed is firm, and the sheets are clean and comfortable. It has a small kitchen, so you can cook easy meals if you like. The staff is friendly. It is in a convenient location if you are driving to Princeton. The area is safe. I stayed on the first floor, a room close to the lobby, so it is nice and you don´t have to use the elevator. The aisles are a bit smelly at times, when people at other rooms are cooking. It is not a fancy hotel, so if you are looking for better quality and services, this hotel maybe not good for you. But if you want to save 30-40 dollars a day compare to other hotels in the area, this hotel is a good option.

Room Tip: Rooms in the first floor are easy to get in and out without using the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor is what I consider bare bones - but fits my needs completely. I have been here for 5 nights, will be leaving on Friday and am pleased with what I've seen so far. The rooms are clean and quiet, the staff is very helpful and friendly and the clientele seems to be the same type of people you would find in any hotel. If one is expecting a pool, work out facility, business center, room service and bar, there are several hotels in the area that provide these additions. I researched the amenities and knew exactly what I was getting which is why I chose to stay at this location.

There is an abundance of shopping and restaurants nearby Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor. You can't walk to get to anything due to the traffic on Route 1, but a 2-4 minute drive and you are to anything you need.

I find it odd that some of the reviews appear to have expected a 5 start hotel at 2 star hotel price. I can assure you, I've stayed at some very exclusive hotels in other cities and have walked into dirty rooms, experienced rude staff and have been disturbed in the middle of the night by loud, drunk and obnoxious tenants.

Room Tip: If you are expecting a lot of amenities, read what this hotel offers and does not offer before booki...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ardmore, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from Feburary 2013 until May 2013 for a business trip.

I wouldn't call this hotel or the entire chain extended stay. In this chain and at this location, there isn't a full kitchen. Its the same as getting a regular hotel room with a microwave, hot plate, and larger refrigerator. There is no oven or dishwasher. The "kitchen" sink is tiny. You can't fir the fry pan that comes with the room in the kitchen sink to wash it or let it soak. The two burner stovetop only allow one burner to be on the high setting at one time and the microwave is a 700 watt microwave without a turntable to heat food evenly. How can this be considered an extended stay when the rooms don't have an oven?

The hotel is located next door to a dog kennel and dog training facility. Its impossible to sleep in on a day off because the barking of the dogs reaches 50+ decibels by 8 AM. My room was near the middle of the hotel near the elevators. I can only imaging how loud it is closer to the dog kennel. I actually measured it with a sound level decibel meter.

Behind the hotel is a swamp filled with peep frogs. They are those noisy frogs that make high pitched peeping noises all night. A few people enjoy the noise of them. Most peole hate them because they start at sunset in the spring and keep making noise until sunrise.

The housekeeping staff has much to be desired. if you run out of toilet paper, soap, or tissues, they don't replace it. You have to go to the front desk to get a replacement. I ended up buying my own toilet paper, tissues, and soap to avoid the hassle of going to the front desk. Also, a few times housekeeping knocked on the door when was in the bathroom. They never came back later, so I had to request that housekeeping come back and they couldn't be scheduled to come back until two days after they were originally scheduled. Several times housekeeping ran out of towels. Instead of coming back to the room to give me new towels, I had to go to the front desk to get new towels.

The "grab & go" breakfast consists of oatmeal bars, granola bars, apples, oranges, and blueberry muffins. If you are really lucky and wake up early enough, you might get one of the two banana nut muffins or chocolate muffins they put out for guests. The blueberry muffins are awful. The banana nut muffins are ok.

Several times during my stay, the hot water was shut off without notice. Also both the cold and hot water were shot off once without notice. The hotel staff did not have an estimate of when it would be turned back on. Apparently the plumbing sustem needs repairs.

The free hotel wifi is slightly faster than dialup. If you want useable speeds, you have to pay for the upgraded wifi. Even then Netflix is constantly waiting for content to load, windows updates take forever, and online games are unplayable. The wifi you pay for is the same speed most hotels give you for free. I had a faster internet connection in 2001 than this hotel makes you pay for in 2013.

The hotel locks the front door after dark. You either need a key card or you need to call the fornt desk from the outside phone to get in. The hotel is basically down the street from Trenton, NJ. Trenton is a high crime area, so I know why the hotel locks the front door.

There is a lack of staff at the front desk. Quite often there is a sign up at the front desk asking you to call a certain extension(extension 600) if you need assistance. Sometimes the front desk staff stay in a back office and you have to yell out to get assistance if you hear them in the back office.

There is nothing in walking distance of the hotel except for a car dealership and dog kennel. The grocery stores and shopping centers are across route 1, ut route 1 is a divided highway. You have to drive up to the next exit and turn around to get to them. At the grocery store across route 1, someone hit my car in the parking lot and drove off. The damage was a ruined front fender and damaged passenger side mirror. Apparently, I was told this is not uncommon for this part of NJ.

Many of the guests at the hotel are the rudest people I've met in a hotel so far. Several times I've had drunk hotel guests knocking on my door at 3 AM because they were out with friends partying and came to the wrong room looking for a place to crash. I won’t forget the large, loud woman in a red sequin dress knocking on my door wondering why I was in her friend's room and her being rather loud about it. Then her friend opened the door across the hall.

In summary, its not a bad hotel if you don’t plan to sleep and you don’t need the kitchen.

Room Tip: Stay as far away form the dog kennel as possible. Rooms 232, 233, 332, 333 are best for low barking...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Christopher - Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that you weren't completely satisfied with your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry about the noise disturbances you experienced throughout the night. We strive to provide a comfortable environment to all of our guests; I am truly saddened we were unable to do that for you. Using your review as an example, I will be coaching our staff on housekeeping best practices and how to handle situations like yours better.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at pww@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'm a returning customer. My stay usually ranges from 1-6 months. A year ago, I was not happy with the condition of the hotel, but since it has been renovated in 2012, I have no complaints at all. The mattress, pillows, sheets, etc. are all clean and comfortable and the covers can be exchanged at the front desk as one sees fit. The bathrooms are now nice and clean as well. The staff is the best, without exaggeration. I have noticed over the years that the receptionists are exceptionally friendly, courteous and helpful. On a few occasions, I had to ask for maintenance (to replace a filter) and the gentleman showed up pronto. I really have nothing negative to report.
It saddens me that the facility is now becoming an all-out non-smoking hotel and for that reason I will have to choose a different ESA to stay, but if it weren't for the new policy, I'd return to this hotel as I did in the past. Granted, there are other properties in the vicinity, but none that give you as much bang for the buck if you prefer to be self-supporting. The hotel is quiet, the residents cause no trouble and unlike another reviewer wrote, I never smelled dope anywhere or encountered unsavory characters. The clientele is very diverse, but I've never encountered a problem or a disturbance. On the contrary, I feel quite safe here, there is no loud music, no loud TVs, no misbehaving guests or anything of the sort.
Overall, the ESA Princeton/WW offers very good value for the money especially in this area which is generally high-priced and efficiency apartments are not only hard to come by, but also generally twice the price of that of this ESA.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. It's great to hear that your enjoying your stay since our recent renovations. I am sorry that you will be leaving, especially since it is due to our hotel becoming a non-smoking establishment. I'm more than confident that any of our other hotels will be happy and able to accommodate you.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Clean, quiet, well-priced.

Our overall experience was great! The best part of all was the customer service. Phenomenal! Julios was especially helpful...not only in helping us find the hotel after a gps malfunction, but making sure that we had everything we needed.

5 Stars for Julios!

We would have loved a pool, but that would've have just been a bonus!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor? Share your experiences!