“OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE” 5 of 5 stars

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Clean, quiet, well-priced.

Our overall experience was great! The best part of all was the customer service. Phenomenal! Julios was especially helpful...not only in helping us find the hotel after a gps malfunction, but making sure that we had everything we needed.

5 Stars for Julios!

We would have loved a pool, but that would've have just been a bonus!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This hotel is located within walking distance of two major areas shopping mall. It is also fairly close to Princeton University and related institutions of learning. The clientele pool run the gamut of visiting scholars to Princeton University, business men and women, short or mid term contractors on specific jobs, and tourists.

The Hotel is very quiet for its size, and most patrons are engaging and easy going. The atmorsphere is relaxed. The staff, particularly Laquan, Evan (who recently departed to another Extended Stay), and Manager Christine, are very attentive to guests needs, as my experience prove. In some instances, they have gone beyond the call of duty to assist. They are also an attentive ear. And even tough the Hotel has no concierge, they will provide information and advice about local events and places of interest. Overall the staff is young, upcoming, and dedicated. The Hotel is a good value, and New Jersey laws provides a waiver for states and city taxes for stay over 90 days, so be sure to take advantage of this residency waiver is you are to stay long term.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Jersey City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Please do not stay here. There are many 'clean' and 'smoke free' facilities for the same price in the area as far as if you need a kitchenette or and extended temporary living situation.
Nailed tv to dresser how lovely, cockroach traps under sink, some housekeepers smelling of pot and looking like they just rolled out of bed, the cleanliness is almost non existent. Bring your own cleaning supplies because they don't know what 'clean' is or just don't care. Under the beds are filthy probably never been vacuumed or beds moved for that matter same goes for under their skin area which is not closed in.
If you have allergies this isn't good for the dust factor alone. The pillow cases aren't matched because they don't have enough supply to give a proper replacement. The pillows themselves are the cheapest you can find and knowing how dirty this place is, it's hard to lay your head down into them. Let's just say there is no loft in their feather pillows and the other non feather looks like a hand me down pillow from a family members old bedroom.
The bathroom towels are also the cheapest thinnest kind and are old. There is no fluff at all and are actually a bit rough on the skin.
The kitchen cabinets are of the cheapest white formica you can buy and with it being thin and cheap it scratches and stains very easily. The soap they provide to wash dishes is orange and if any leaks onto the counter and you don't notice right away...will stain the counter as well. Even the coffee spill if not cleaned up immediately will leave a brown stain. I'm not sure about this renovation other people were speaking of last year but if you call what looks like peel stick carpet any kind of renovation you are out of your head. Even if the room carpet isn't peel stick it sure looks it. Some of the windows are broken far as being able to lift them up and have them stay in their tracks. Some of the coffee tables are warped maybe due to either a really bad spilled liquid from previous patrons or just because they are so cheaply put together the formica or veneer like material on the surface is coming apart from the table top..well at least in my room it is. SUPERGLUE please! No oven so it's not a full kitchen nor is there an in sink aerator so make sure you don't clog the kitchen sink. Also no hair catch in the shower..I travel with my own to do everyone a favor. I can go on and on about the room including the vomit yellowish color for wall paint and room decor. It's actually very unappealing. Like I said, I didn't have a choice staying here so I have to live with it. In my own time as a regular traveler, I will never stay at one of these properties and suggest you spend $5 more to get a really decent place to stay. I know there are several in the area and around the country. That's a fact!

The only nice thing I have to say is that the graveyard clerk is very happy and friendly, the clerks Lacquan and Roosevelt are also very helpful. The manager is sweet but she's young and needs much more experience to whip her housekeepers into shape to gain their respect because as I've witnessed it, the conversations are more as if it's family and not a business . Also they should get enough supply so that each room can have matching bedding. That's shameful to not have enough stock to replace 1 matched King sheet set. If you are going to run a successful business those things that seem little or insignificant become the biggest problems overall. Get reliable workers who dress professionally in any position, don't come to work wreaking of pot or giving guests nasty facial smirks or talking inappropriately and loudly to cohorts or counterparts on the job that guests can hear and see. It looks bad and is definitely unprofessional.

Room Tip: Read the review where this tip comes from...actually read several reviews on YELP.com, TripAdvisor...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

ESA was significantly less expensive than any of the other long term facilities in this area. The accomodations, while basic, were fine. Good sized room, clean sheets and towels, plenty of hot water. flat screen t.v., etc. No fitness center, but wouldn't expect one at this price.

The staff was excellent- especially Evan. Couldn't have asked for a more helpful person in a four star hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Hamilton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hotel is a good hotel.. the staff here is amazing anything you need they are here!

Christine - she is VERYYY SWEET, i love her attitude when people check in she has a VERY calming personality.

Paul- is also very sweet, and also very helpful, Goes ABOVE AND BEYOND FOR EVERYBODY

Laquan- is funny but know's what he is doing with his job. He goes above and beyond for everybody

Evan- is very sweet and VERY HELPFUL when you need something.

Charmine- is very sweet i love her and i'm going to miss her!!!

Trevor- Super funny My Husband And I are going to miss him! Trevor is very good to talk to when your feeling down! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Belleville, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this newly renovated Extended Stay Hotel in Princeton-West Windsor for one night only. Originally, we planned to travel with one of our three dogs and at the time we planned our trip, this hotel had the best prices for pet-friendly hotels in Princeton. I later learned that the Hampton Inn & Suites, which is about 2 miles north on Rte. 1 also accepts pets, so... Should that fact matter to you, it's good to know 'cause we ended up at the Hampton and it was great.

The location, the pricing, the option for taking a pet, the recent renovations and a few other factors determined our choice to stay at this hotel when we planned a Christmas trip to be with family, etc. We got a great online rate for four nights but boy-oh-boy...am I glad we didn't PRE-PAY for our stay. Based on the reasons we traveled and our current desires & needs, we would have had an awful visit had we pre-paid 'cause then we would have felt obligated to remain here for the duration.

Husband and I arrived at night, quite late actually (near midnight) because we traveled nearly 12 hours to reach Princeton for the holidays. The hotel is poorly marked and even with a Garmin GPS, we kept passing the hotel in the dark of night. Continually managing the Jersey "jug-handles," and accidentally taking exits that placed us further west, we finally found the hotel entrance and unloaded our vehicle.

Initially, the automatic sliding glass door was locked and there didn't appear to be a lobby or anyone present to check us in. Perplexed, we banged on the door and a very nice young man in a coat, eating a bag of potato chips buzzed us in and confirmed that I'd called earlier telling a coworker "we were going to be quite late." The entrance creeped us out a bit because it was not very clean, extremely small, poorly ventilated and kinda dark. The check-in desk was a very small & confined area, so initially we weren't sure we were in the right place. We chalked the experience up to our late arrival, thanked the guy for the room key and went up to our room, which was on the second floor.

When we entered the room, my husband and I were speechless because the room looked nothing like the photos we had viewed on-line (neither did the lobby, now that I think about it). Our room was large enough but stark, dark, steaming hot (95F degrees) and a bit malodorous. I am very very very sensitive to odors, smells and fragrances. I was quick to dismiss the original hallway odors as being "my problem," because the hallway reeked of "cooking odors." Well, the odors were not that easy to dismiss, so exhausted my husband and I entered the room and OPENED ALL THE WINDOWS, even though it was about 20F degrees outside.

Despite being advertised as "new & totally renovated," this hotel is just not a very pleasant place to stay. I do recognize that as leisure travelers, perhaps our expectations were not met with a hotel that caters more to long-term guests. Nonetheless, I felt the entire place was extremely depressing.

Upon entering the room, we encountered a small kitchenette that look tired with cheap white formica countertops & thin, white cabinets...you know the kind...the bottom-of-the-line product offered at The Home Depot or Lowe's. The striped window drapes were short ones that ended a few inches above the window. The flimsy bedspread had stains on it, as did the sheet on the mattress. Worst of all were the pillows, which looked like pillows you might sit on, not sleep on...I mean, these things were really really beat. I didn't know if I was more afraid to sleep on the bedspread or under the covers. Embarassed to state this, I just took off my shoes and slept fully dressed on the mattress with the covers barely over me.

As exhausted as we were, my husband and I decided to tough it out but not for the intended 4-5 nights. On a funny note, I took my flat pillow and folded it in half. I then moved near my husband and hogged a corner of his folded pillow as well as his shoulder, so I might be able to get some sleep. Needless to say, we both woke with neck aches in the morning.

The shower, which was also uninviting actually was the highlight of our stay. The shower-head and water pressure were phenomenal but I felt creeped out entering the shower. While clean (despite a long black hair on the shower floor), I was afraid I might actually "crack" the thing because the shower was one of those molded-units made of very flimsy tan fiberglass...you know the type. Praying, I hoisted myself in and took a very quick shower. My husband and I laughed at the small towels 'cause neither of us are thin anymore. The towels were barely thick or large enough to dry our hair!

Well, the story goes on and on but I think you get the picture. With the bare essentials provided, I imagine this hotel might suit the needs of a guest or traveler with very few demands. However, for our leisurely Christmas visit, we opted out after one night and checked into the Hampton Inn & Suites just up the road on Rte, 1, which for us was much much nicer.

As we left and explained that we were staying elsewhere, the gentleman at the front desk was very kind and helpful. He asked my husband "how our stay was." Because we really are nice people, my husband politely said, "Well, our pillows were kinda flat," to which the kind man replied, "Yes we're aware of that and we're getting new ones soon."

Say no more.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor, responded to this review, January 15, 2013

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Planned a trip with the girlfriend to Princeton. Got a decent price and read the reviews on line. Boy was I fooled. Yes it was renovated but it was dirty to say the least. Hair in the bathrooms and in between the sheets showed poor housekeeping. Talking to the front desk agent about it did not help, all I got was a half apology and a shrug with the shoulders. Do yourself a favor and spent your money elsewhere. I sure will for my next trip.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor, responded to this review, January 3, 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - Princeton - West Windsor? Share your experiences!