“Great little local place” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
New Jersey
“Great little local place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This quint little place is 2 min from my work, therefore i eat there quite often.
Very friendly service, great local food cant ask for more. Perfect place for lunch in an area.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

NJ
“Average lunch fare...but SLOW service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

The space is quite cozy and makes for a cute lunch spot. But the food was very typical of lunch spots I've been to before...soups, sandwiches, etc. The prices for this standard fare were a bit on the pricey side. However what annoyed me the most was the slow turn around on food orders. Granted there was a very attentive water refiller but it took over one hour from time of order to serve up a blt sandwich. Too long in my book!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We loved this place. Family owned by a young couple and other family members work there. It is a casual fun place with very good food. I had the pasta with vegetables and they were happy to make it with bow tie pasta instead of linguini and followed my request to go very, very light on the sauce. It was delicious! My husband had the turkey dinner. I think next time he will try the grilled chicken parmesan. The brown bread was good and soup or salad came with our meals. It is BYO.

They brought out a plate of what looked like yummy home made desserts. My husband ordered the coffee cake-like one with pecans on top which was light and delicious. I ordered the chocolate strawberry shortcake. Both desserts were excellent!

There was also a guitar player which made the atmosphere very nice.

The restaurant itself was pretty noisy, but still enjoyable.The atmosphere was a lot of fun.
Everyone who worked there was cheerful and hospitable.

They have limited hours so you have to check and see if they are open when you want to go. I think they take reservations for large groups. Our bill came to about $42 including tax plus tip.

We will definitely be back!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Try this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The food is first rate. It is comfort food in a comfortable little cafe. The faux fried chicken ( which is actually baked ) is terrific, as is the roast turkey dinner.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Roanoke, Virginia
“Excellent pastrami sandwich.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had the pastrami sandwich on rye and it was wonderful. In fact, I posted on Facebook about it after lunch and my brother's girlfriend asked me if it was at Little Food Cafe, which I had not mentioned. That's got to say something...

• Visited August 2012