“LOUD AND RUDE” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in Pompton Plains NJ, Gilly's Restaurant offers quality lunch and dinner fare -- Italian Food, Seafood, Steak, Salads, and much more. Conveniently close to Wayne, we feature lunch and dinner specials, a comfortable sports bar and lounge area, and a warm community neighborhood restaurant look and feel. Call Us or Visit Our Website, Twitter, or Facebook Pages for Ongoing Daily, Happy Hour, and Holiday Specials, and Available Coupons!
Lodi, New York
“LOUD AND RUDE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I've been going to Gilly's for about 15 years now. Always enjoyed the food and still do. Last friday we went there to have a nice dinner and WHAT A DISASTER!!!!!! The guys at the bar having drinks were soooo loud and drunk we couldn't hear ourselves talk. We complained to the waitress and she just shook her head. You can see that other patrons in the restaurant were annoyed also. I was wondering why they were allowing this to go on. Until I found out that it was the OWNER OF THE RESTAURANT who was the person and his friends who were acting like a bunch of drunken IDIOTS.

We found a new place to go where it is quiet and has much better service. I'ts called Maggie's town tavern in Little Falls. Try it I'm sure you will like it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Wayne, New Jersey
“Overpriced Crud !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Seafood never is fresh.....alway's has stale /frozen taste. Beer is alway's semi warm,,,gross tiny bathroom

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“superb. expensive but always delicious.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

loved it all. half price appetizers always awesome. great service lovely surroundings easy parking very italian flair

Visited August 2012

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Montclair, New Jersey
“Graveyard with Rude Wait Staff and Overly Salty food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

If you are not over the age of 75 you'll likely not be welcome here. Forget about bringing kids to this "family" restaurant. They are shunned and you will be demeaned out loud by the waitstaff. I brought my kid there once. he was well behaved but at 20 months old he was talking "loud." next think I know the waitress was talking out loud about him saying how her kids never were allowed to yell in a restaurant and how terrible his behavior was. Never will I go back to place that will insult my child in front of me.
As far as the food goes, well the wings are good but they have gone downhill in the last year. They've become more soggy and salty. The veal parm was average and palatable but so slaty I had to drink a half gallon of water later than night.
I use to patronize this place at least once a month but since my baby was insulted in front of me I will NEVER go there again.

Forget this dump unless you are looking for salty food, rude waitresses and senior citizen eye candy. LOL As you can tell I don't take lightly to a grown woman insulting a 20 month old in front of his parents. LMAO! Buh-bye

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Riverdale, New Jersey
“Local Secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Live a few towns away, been eating here for 20+ years. Can never go too long without getting my Gilly's "fix". Great friendly staff, perfect beverages, excellent tasty food, awesome atmosphere and decor. Try the buffalo wings, they are fantastic.. actually, everything on menu is! I highly recommend Gilly's for a great time.

• Visited May 2012