“Do Not Stay here. Run Down” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Regency House Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Regency House Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Regency House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Route 23 North, Pompton Plains, NJ 07444 (Formerly Regency House Hotel & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Pompton Plains
Philadelphia
“Do Not Stay here. Run Down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2007

Needed to stay close to NY City for a meeting and I booked this place online. from the picture on the web site, it looked ok however the pictures must have been 20 years old. When I checked in I was ready to leave but every other decent hotel was booked by then. It was dark, dank, musty and dirty. I slept in my clothes / barely slept .. I asked for a 6am wake up call and the owner / manager / bartender / jack of all trades came and kicked on my door yelling for me to wake up until I answer (ever hear of a phone?). Overall the worst place I have ever stayed.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Brick
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2006

I Booked a week for school. Sunday to Sunday. Hotel is under construction, however perhaps inside should have been considered before outside work. Never did see any workers fixing anything the entire week I was there. After all people are paying to stay here. I am a smoker, however upon my arrival to the hotel and open the room, it was the most horrible smell even smokers could not tolerate. I called the cleaning lady in the hall next door and she sprayed a lot of stuff, that made no difference. The smell is inbedded. The blankets had Jill and John was here, Tom and Jane was here, etc. written all over them. they appear to be from the 1960's. The sheets had burn wholes in the pillow case. Plan was to rise at 6am and get to school by 8am. No sleep, the doors when leaving tends to slam themselves behind you. All night people going in and out slamming doors. The mattresses was from the 1960's and the sheets had cotton balls that itches the skin. I took 5 minut splash washing off. The shower ran cold water and was complicated to get the head to work properly. toilet took 4-5 flushes to work, then no water would appear for a while. I was soo upset, all other places was booked and I needed to finish this class. Somebody got married on the weekend. Children ran by my door 4hrs straight. I called 12:18 am to report I have exam in morning. Kids need to go to bed. its only 2floors, certainly downstairs could hear this noise. no rules in place. I place the do not disturb on my door 2x's one morning. Came back to find Tv. speaking spanish, bat flying in my room. bed made up w/same Jane and John slept here on it. The best experience of this week was I passed my exams. (lol) the ironing is if you from Nwk, Brooklyn, LA, Miami, you can make here/anywhere! You get what you pay for.

• Liked — local to school
  • Disliked — do not disturb
  • Tips/Secrets — You can make it work anywhere
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2006

The outside looked nice, Probably because it was dark out. Checked in and got our room key ... an actual metal KEY. The carpets were nasty and the halls smelled of must. We opened the door to the room and all we saw was wall paper and inhaled the smell of basement. The fridge made noise all night, I had to reposition it to stop making noise about 3 times, once at 4 in the morning! When I got up at 4 i decided to put the AC on low, then THAT started making noise! There was a glob of hair near the trash, right beside a pubic hair. There was also a pubic hair near the handle for the cold water at the sink! Man I was annoyed. I only stayed 1 night, I got the heck outta that place. This place was NASTY!!! The breakfast was garbage. There was "eggs" if thats what you want to call them, "bacon" which was over cooked and not crispy but burned. I had 1 piece of "french toast" how does anyone (--) french toast.... they were PRE-MADE! Anyway, a week before I stayed at the Best Western on RT 46 GO THERE! The people were nice, the room was nice and the food was great!

Stayed August 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2006

I stayed at the Regency House Hotel because I wanted to stay overnight after a dance competition. When I went they were undergoing renovations. But that was only on the outside. When I walked in the hotel it already smelled like a toilet. The carpet was reeking of some smell god knows what, the couches in the lobby were torn and i didn't want to sit on them. The lobby was dark and gloomy and very unatractive. When i was going to my room the person that checked me in actually opened the roon with a key. Now i have been to many hotels and never have I once seen a hotel room that had to be opened with a key. From the moment I walked into that room i was discusted. The bathroom was rusting, the floor was musty, and the comforters on the bed were just old and diseased. I didn't even want to see what the balcony was going to look like. I decided after a while that I was just going to drive home instead of staying there. I believe that I made the right choice cause I don't think that i was going to be able to sleep in that hotel room. Never ever stay there it isn't worth it. If you are in the area drive a half hour away to a Marriot or a Sheraton believe me it is worth it. But I was able to get my money back I guess that they are used to people wanting to be rembursed.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Regency House Hotel? Share your experiences!