“Stayed one night for a family wedding in the area. This was the only place hat took pets.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Regency House Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Regency House Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Regency House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Route 23 North, Pompton Plains, NJ 07444 (Formerly Regency House Hotel & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pompton Plains
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Room was ok. Nothing special. Requested an up grade from 2 double to king but the front desk claimed they were full.
Clean bathroom, comfortable beds. Strange decor, nothing seemed to go with anything else, strange renovation.

Television remotes impossible to figure out.

Strange people wandering the halls all night ( nothing that felt unsafe, just strange).

Breakfast I the morning less then good. Tired looking and unappetizing.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Elk River, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed two nights, did some major sight seeing in the city. Rooms are spacious with modern design. Never did figure out how to use the TV remote - it was incomprehensible. Breakfast was really good - the pastries were definitely a highlight.

• Stayed June 2012
Naugatuck, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

the room we had was a kitchenette King.. the bed was comfortable the amenities of the kitchenette were great...they had everything ..even though we only stayed one nite and just used the fridge to keep drinks cold.. the condition of the hotel and lack of restaurant were two HUGE flaws.. it looked like it was in stages of a great renovation...but much spackle and unfinished carpeting, painting etc was found about. The advertised restaurant was not there "yet" and the 24 hr gym was closed.the handles on the tub were very poorly designed and both my husband I did burn ourselves trying to navigate the delivery of both the tub and shower water..

Room Tip: go somewhere else or call before you go to make sure all of what you want is currently available.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Smyrna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Nice looking property...well kept and clean inside and out. Quick check-in and courteous staff. The room was large, well appointed, and most importantly clean (we chose non-smoking, and there was no hint of smoke smell...even in the halls). The beds were very comfortable, and the bathroom was spacious and clean. Nice size TV mounted on the wall made it relaxing to watch. The only problem was that there was no hot breakfast (apparently the chef had problems and was late getting to work...the hot food was arriving when we were leaving). I visit this area a few times each year, and will definitely come back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Maids hollering up and down the stairs, plus up and down the corridors - all morning and well into the evening. At breakfast, ordered to sit next to the staff who were holding a meeting. I did not want to hear who was going to clean what while I was eating. Ants crawling on food table. No internet service (though they advertise they have it). When we complained, we were told to go to the business center. We were told over the phone this property has recently been renovated. NOT True. Well, the first floor may have been but it was closed, as was the fitness center. So, effectively, there is no internet, no fitness center, no elevator. Do not be deceived by their false advertising. (The elevator was blocked by a table on its side and we were advised not to use it.)

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Tomp p, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Regency House Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Good Morning.Thank you for your honest and outright feedback.We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.The hotel staff has been strictly advised as a policy not to utilize the breakfast room.The same has been reiterated before the response to your complaint.The breakfast served is the best in the area so we reassure you that we wouldnt want to tarnish this effort with minor mishaps.
We did have issues with the Wifi on March 22nd 2012 that was a temporary glitch and was reported and fixed.We do assure that the internet services have been functioning unhampered till this recent interference.
The fitness center is well equipped but hasn't been utilized.It is fully functional and can be used at any time.Any interruptions in service are temporary in nature.
You are welcome to visit us in the future and reinspect the concerns.Thank you once again and have a good day
Long Island City, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I made reservations at this hotel in Jan 2012, called them on the check-in date and was told that my rooms were waiting on me. Upon arriving at the hotel I proceeded to the desk to check in and was told that my room was cancelled and that they made me a reservation at a Holiday Inn 15 miles away. I was furious because I was just told by Sala twenty minutes before I arrive that my rooms were waiting on me and no one called me to tell me differently. I expressed my disappointment to the guest service rep who really didn't care in the beginning about what I was saying, yet he continued checking other guest in. I couldn't figure out why i was bumped out of my room but other people was coming in checking in after me. I asked to speak to a manager and was told there was not any on the primises but my reservations at the Holiday Inn was waiting on me. I explained to him it has been 1.5hrs, I drove from South Carolina, was

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Regency House Hotel? Share your experiences!