“Excellent place to eat” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Ellsworth, Maine
“Excellent place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stopped here on our way home to Maine. The place was very busy but they seated us immediately. Our waiter was wonderful and attentive. Our food came quickly and was just what we'd hoped it would be. It was hot and delicious. Everything was outstanding.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Disappointed, not for a non local I guess.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stopped for gas with my lady friend and found this via the application on my iphone. This diner had great reviews and I figured we could support a local business. The diner was busy and we were seated quickly. The menu was full of good choices and the specials seemed amazing. I asked my waitress for advice on the choices with a simple "whats good hear? what do you recommend?" The waitress replied that she doesn't ever eat here and I wouldn't like what she eats for she is on a liquid diet times 15 years. So I asked her what was popular and how the specials were. Annoyed she flipped the specials out and told me what the owner likes. So I ordered the scrod and my girlfriend did a crab cake burger of sorts.
The food took a while and I had the feeling that we really offended the server. When the food finally did come drink refills were an inconvenience and the food was inadequate. The scrod had an odd taste to it and the crab cake burger was imitation crab meat and stuffing. I was so aggravated by the poor service that I finally just asked for the check and we left. I will try again because i'm sure everyone has an off night. Our waitress was telling everyone at the counter how she was here physically but not mentally and just wanted to go home. I will give it a shot again next time i'm through.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“"Solid" diner...typical diner menu, good execution on the basics”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've been to this diner several times. Breakfast is what you'd expect from a good diner. I've had bad breakfasts before, so it's not like they don't exist. This breakfast is good, average for a good diner.

I've had a couple of salads here before as well, and they were "OK" at best. I wouldn't order salads here again.

I've had the stereotypical diner food as well -- turkey, chicken salad, etc. All "solid" -- what you would expect from a good diner. Not super, but solid, good. It's a popular spot so a lot of people seem to like it. Personally, I think it's average in some areas, slightly above average in others, and below in others.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Holland, Michigan
“Good Breakfasts, big Portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Have been to this diner several times when in town over the past few years. Always busy, but not so busy a long wait is required. We have only been here for breakfast, but they serve lunch and dinner as well. I have tried a few different omelets and they are huge... sometimes a little too done. Overall a good place for breakfast.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“best diner in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Been there for breakfast and dinner and late night several times. Food is always good. Lots of variety on the menu. Service is always fast and friendly. Place is always clean. There is no reason not to go here.

Visited October 2012