“Excellent value for money” 4 of 5 stars

You added Dunes Motel to your Saves list
Dunes Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1601 Ocean Ave, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742   |
Long Island City, New York
“Excellent value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I visited this hotel last summer with my family. The hotel was newly renovated and place looks very nice. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. We had a great weekend. Overall a great value of money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Newark, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

There is no way you can get your money back if your stay is shorter than what you booked for. Even if you were sick/some extremely bad news in your family/or ANY other reason. And they will make you sign on such an agreement.

I booked a 3 day visit with my family on summer of 2013 but on the very 1st day, I became sick and we had to return. On requesting for a money back for the other 2 days, it was a firm NO. Under no conditions will you get ANYTHING back. Summer months are charged at $200/day..so we paid some $600+tax and with their rules, we were definitely losing more than $400.

However, they will say that they would adjust the price in future - if you return, but then, the conditions are: no adjustment for weekends/holidays etc. So in summary, you have to have them choose your dates of vacation if you want an adjustment. That doesn't make any sense.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Point Pleasant Beach hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Unfortunately, our stay here was unpleasant. The efficiency apartment was not what we thought it to be. For the money spent it was not worth it! Although the staff was nice, the manager was rude. Our complaints made: dead bugs in window sill, no curtain in bathroom shower, dirty refrigerator ( we had to clean ourselves with bleach), dirty refrigerator door handle, no glass on light fixtures, and the ultimate unsanitary item; finding a female birth control on the door handle! When I complaint, the staff said I'd be compensated, but when I spoke with the manager and showed pictures, he said he wouldn't refund my money. He said, "I have no control over what people do in the room". No you don't, but you do have control over making sure the room is clean and sanitary for your guests. I will NEVER stay here again. They are overpriced!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!!!!!! Unsanitary!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Yonkers, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Went there Aug 16 to Aug 19 2013, 3 adult women, Had a great time. The staff was helpful when needed and trying to keep up with the property. Not the most eye pleasing Motel, but the rooms were clean and just what we needed. The walk to the beach was about 2 blocks but beautiful homes to see on the way. Loved the stores and had a beautiful weekend. Will be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family and I have been guests at the Dunes Motel over the last six years of traveling to Point Pleasant (with our most recent trip being on July 21, 2013). During each stay, we have been extremely pleased with the accommodations and respectable staff. On the surface level, the Dunes Motel is not the most eye-catching; however, the aesthetic appeal should not hinder your judgment.

As mentioned previously, the accommodations are welcoming, as they include a two beds, mini-refrigerator, full bath, dresser, and television. More importantly, since the unfortunate occurrence of Hurricane Sandy, the Dunes Motel has taken the time to remodel. These renovations include the pool as well as the ground floor rooms, which now have better décor, flat screen TVs and significantly more appealing bathrooms (with larger showers).

Lastly, the owner and staff that have talked with us on a business and personal level are very helpful and friendly. There has never been one instance of disrespect or insincerity from those who have come in contact with us. Now while this not a fancy and luxurious five-star hotel, the amenities, price, and distance from the private beach (for which guests receive 50% off) are more than enough at the Dunes Motel.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have been remodeled as a result of Hurricane Sandy
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I'm not familiar with point pleasant the hotel is not within walking distance from the boardwalk but its easy to get there and I think the beach across the street is private cause at the hotel they told me to go a few blocks down. When I pulled up I was very skeptical it maybe looked kind of dingy, I actually left my stuff in the car so I could check the room first. I was pleasantly surprised. Everything was clean(except under the bed). The carpet and mattres looked new. I checked in during the heat wave, I had told them at the desk I didn't think the AC was working but i didn't want to switch rooms. They immediately went to fix it. The room was cooler when I returned. I think if they cleaned the outside floors with bleach or something they would have scored higher. Keep in mind every other hotel was double of what I paid.

• Stayed July 2013
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

When we pulled up I was a little bit nervous but the Dunes was better then I expected. The staff was friendly and the room was sufficient. While not fancy, the room was clean. The pool area was nice although it could use a good cleaning as there was some trash in the area. It was a bit of a walk to the beach but I would consider staying here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Dunes Motel? Share your experiences!