“Last Minute Retreat” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amethyst Beach Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Point Pleasant Beach
Amethyst Beach Motel
You added Amethyst Beach Motel to your Saves list
202 Arnold Avenue, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742   |
Brooklyn, New York
“Last Minute Retreat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Booked my post season reservation the day before. The room that Laura suggested was perfect for my husband and myself. Bathroom was clean, lighting was great for a motel and I really appreciated the large full length mirror in the deluxe two queen bedroom. The pool was still open and my husband loved the 9 foot deep end with diving board. The location was just perfect being only a short walk to the boardwalk. There are also nice places to eat along Arnold Avenue. My only complaint is that I would have liked some complimentary shampoo in the bathroom. The shower was good with plenty of hot water. Television was dated but perfect reception. After driving through the area and seeing the rest of what Point Pleasant Beach has to offer, I would highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay in PPB, then try the Amethyst Beach Motel.

First of all, it is perfectly located for all activities and it is on the main road leading into PPB (Arnold Avenue). The motel is at the end of the main parking lot so we walked to the beach every day and then back to the boardwalk every night. Our favorite restaurants were a mile away from the motel, accessible without having to endure the traffic by the boardwalk.

Secondly, it is a great family hotel. My kids loved the heated pool and we loved sitting at the tables at the outdoor patio. It was never noisy, except for the giggles of kids having a great time!

Lastly, and one of the main reasons we liked this motel, is that they treated us like family. The owner Theresa was always talking with us, and asking if we needed anything. By the end of the vacation, she knew all of our names... where do you get such a personalized experience with any business? The office was available for any of our needs at a moments notice. From providing us with a hairdryer because my wife forgot ours at home to toilet paper in the middle of the night! They were there to make our vacation extra special.

Thank you Amethyst for a great vacation!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
sandtraveller, Owner at Amethyst Beach Motel, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thanks for the review!

We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us in beautiful family friendly Point Pleasant Beach. I know our staff appreciates your positive comments as does the entire family.

It is great to see our guests enjoying our pool patio and barbeque area, however as summer is drawing to a close we are bit saddened that we will have a long winter before we will see many of you again.

Thanks so much for making this summer a wonderful experience for entire staff.

We look forward to your return and the opportunity to host another visit to Amethyst and beautiful Point Pleasant Beach NJ.

Sincerely, Amethyst Family
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Loved this place.  First time I stayed here.  Staff is awesome.  Pool is warm and beautiful.  Location is amazing.  Lunch and dinner walking distance in town.  Tiki bar and Jenkinsons Club perfect for cocktails in the evening with a short walk back to hotel.  Booked my vacation for next year because after talking with staff and owners I understand they will continue to add to upgrades and changes which will surely make it difficult to get reservations.
DONNA

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
sandtraveller, Owner at Amethyst Beach Motel, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thanks so much for the review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us in beautiful family friendly Point Pleasant Beach.

The Amethyst is located in the heart of Point Pleasant Beach and its wonderfully intimate boardwalk, downtown culinary corner eateries and antique center.

We are proud of the safe and family oriented community which is Point Pleasant Beach. You will find Point and the Amethyst will welcome you with that traditional Jersey Shore hospitality, (Not to be confused in any way the TV show).

Sincerely, Amethyst Family
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed at the Amethyst! Mixed reviews for sure gave me concerns but gave it a try, I am happy I did great pool,great location,great staff. As a business owners ourselfs we realize how difficult it is to keep everyone happy and the different levels of expectations. Our room was ready upon arrival and the front desk staff asked us to notify us with any issues if there where. Fortunately the room was perfect. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel then this place is not for you and your family but for sure if you and your family are looking for a quaint convenient and CLEAN place then this is for you. The desk staff member who got us into our room on arrival was sweet my wife had just giving birth and she understood on how important it was to get into the room for being in the car for 10 plus hours! Thank you Amber so much see you next year

Room Tip: Family fun place for SURE!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
sandtraveller, Owner at Amethyst Beach Motel, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thanks so very much for taking the time to post a positive review, it is so very important for all us here at Amethyst to hear positive reviews as well as constructive criticism. We recognize that only a few of the thousands of guest each year who allow us the opportunity to host their stay take time out of their busy lives to post a positive reply, looking forward to future opportunities to host your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

We were involved in an unfortunate overbooking situation partly our own fault as we did not check to verify we were in for the number of days reserved. The manager Theresa understood we overlooked the checkout date and as we had already been there for 3 days simply extended our stay. She and her staff worked feverishly and simultaneously with guest's arriving to find alrernate accommodations. Our stay was wonderful. The pool is heated and our family enjoyed swimming till 10pm. Large patio area, new furnishings and comfortable beds. Would love if the patio was nonsmoking and if continental breakfast had more variety, however there is a great breakfast place walking distance to hotel in town. (Can't remember name) as well as several wonderful restaurants. We will be back in September! !

• Stayed August 2012

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

Not going to lie I was a little worried going to a motel just because of it being a motel. At $149 a night it compared to a hotel price wise. But it's like close to the beach and you're down the shore. What do you expect. Still cheaper than the place next door. I was skeptical until I opened the door to the room and was shocked by how clean and nice the rooms were. The bathroom was really nice and I didn't feel like I needed to shower after getting out of the shower. Their we're clean towels that actually smelled nice too! And they changed them everyday and made the beds too, didnt expect it. The pool was really nice and clean as well There were bagels and muffins and coffee in the morning which I also didn't expect. The staff was very nice and helpful. I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2012
sandtraveller, Manager at Amethyst Beach Motel, responded to this review, August 25, 2012

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I spent this past weekend with my family and kids here and I must say I had a fabulous stay! The workers were all extremely friendly and accomidating from the moment we checked in until the end of our stay. This is a great place to stay for families! My kids enjoyed the pool and the close proximity to the beach and boardwalk. I wouldn't stay at any other motel on the jersey shore! Thanks for a great stay Amethyst!!!

On behalf of all of us here at Amethyst a Sincere Thank You!

Been to Amethyst Beach Motel? Share your experiences!