We stayed here for a Bachelorette Party for the weekend. We booked our room months in advance. We had four girls in each room. We requested to stay on the "resort" side, rather than the scary motel looking type rooms on the beach side. The side of the hotel where are rooms were, was no "resort." It was a MOTEL. The Front Desk could not seem to get their act together and charged us different prices for each room. We were charged an additional fee for each guest in the room. The first floor rooms were very nice and clean and had hardwood floors. The second floor rooms had carpet, which always grosses me out. The floors and walls were very thin. Parking was impossible during the day, which was annoying b/c supposedly there is only suppose to be one parking pass per room, and like any beach hotel, it was impossible to get a chair on the beach. The beach was clean.
Our room was very clean and sand free. It even smelt clean too, which is always a plus. The bathroom is very small, with no mirror. The sink is on the outside.
And, the spa was a joke. No robe, no service, no amenities (despite what the website says). I was disgusting after my massage (which was only okay ) and wanted to shower off and there was one tiny shower for the four of us, which we had to ask to be shown to. Never again. What a waste of $107.
My biggest complaint is that the customer service was terrible at this hotel. At close to $500 a night for the room, this was certainly no Ritz Carlton. We were woken up by house cleaning telling us it was time to check out. I responded, no, it's not even 11:00 yet. I just felt as if they could care less about who was staying in their hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently along the New Jersey Shore. Our Resort is set on a beautiful, private stretch on Point Pleasant Beach. Our Hotel Spa is steps away located across the street; both are just minutes away from many shore attractions. Enjoy all the comforts of home with the added amenities of a full service spa, a state-of-the-art gym, a heated indoor pool and more! Run your meeting efficiently in the comfort of our fully-equipped conference room. After a full day of meetings, any business traveler will feel at home with access to our gym, spa and swimming facilities. Our banquet facilities provide the perfect backdrop for your wedding or special occasion. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- White Sands Oceanfront Resort And Spa
- White Sands Oceanfront Hotel Point Pleasant Beach
- White Sands Hotel Point Pleasant Nj