“Okay Hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Point Pleasant Beach
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
You added White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa to your Saves list
1205 Ocean Ave, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742   |
Hotel packages
Brooklyn, NY
“Okay Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2007

We stayed here for a Bachelorette Party for the weekend. We booked our room months in advance. We had four girls in each room. We requested to stay on the "resort" side, rather than the scary motel looking type rooms on the beach side. The side of the hotel where are rooms were, was no "resort." It was a MOTEL. The Front Desk could not seem to get their act together and charged us different prices for each room. We were charged an additional fee for each guest in the room. The first floor rooms were very nice and clean and had hardwood floors. The second floor rooms had carpet, which always grosses me out. The floors and walls were very thin. Parking was impossible during the day, which was annoying b/c supposedly there is only suppose to be one parking pass per room, and like any beach hotel, it was impossible to get a chair on the beach. The beach was clean.

Our room was very clean and sand free. It even smelt clean too, which is always a plus. The bathroom is very small, with no mirror. The sink is on the outside.

And, the spa was a joke. No robe, no service, no amenities (despite what the website says). I was disgusting after my massage (which was only okay ) and wanted to shower off and there was one tiny shower for the four of us, which we had to ask to be shown to. Never again. What a waste of $107.

My biggest complaint is that the customer service was terrible at this hotel. At close to $500 a night for the room, this was certainly no Ritz Carlton. We were woken up by house cleaning telling us it was time to check out. I responded, no, it's not even 11:00 yet. I just felt as if they could care less about who was staying in their hotel.

• Liked — Clean room
  • Disliked — Hotel Service
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Staten Island, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2007

I don't know what these people expect going to the Jersey Shore. When going to Pt. Pleasant you expect a clean place to swim and sleep. The entertainment is the beach and the boardwalk. This hotel was very clean, the pools were spotless, the staff was very professional. When I was in my early 20s we stayed at plenty of the dive motels in Point Plesant this by far is very very nice. Now I am married w/ kids and this is the type of place you want to stay out. Very nice for children. They have four pools one regular pool off the beach, one heated one off the beach, which is great when you get the beach winds and catch a chill you can stay in this pool, and a very clean kiddie pool. I didn't go by the indoor pool. All pools were immaculate. The room was extremly clean, no musty smells, no sand in anything great accomdations. I am a person who can skeeve hotel rooms and pools....their pools and rooms were very nice. I think it is very nice that there is a continental breakfast they serve as most of the hotels on the prime strip would never offer that. Very close to the boardwalk where the rides are.

• Liked — The Pools were great
  • Disliked — There is a resteraunt in the hotel, not that great
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2007

We stayed here in January 2006 for our friends' wedding and also in July 2007. Both times we enjoyed our stay. The first time we stayed here was at the property across the street from the beach (where Spano's restaurant is). Our room was very spacious and clean, and we enjoyed the indoor pool. We especially loved the steam room. Spano's did a great job with our friends' wedding. The food was very good. The second time we stayed at the White Sands in July 2007, our room was in the building on the beach. The room was somewhat small but it was clean and suited our needs fine. The outdoor pool was very nice, and so was the beach. We would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Close proximity to the beach
  • Disliked — Very small bathroom
  • Stayed July 2007
Flushing, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2007

Just got back from 3 nights at the White Sands. My sister and her family stay there and we went based on their recommendation, not the bad reviews. The rooms were small but clean, the bathroom was very clean and the facility as a whole was very well kept. No musty smell anywhere. The property is right on the beach, which is not crowded at all because it is for hotel guests only, the pools and kiddie pool were very nice. The complimentary breakfast was fine, mini-muffins, bagels, small donuts, the only thing that was not good was the coffee (I am a picky coffee drinker). We were very happy with our stay and plan to go back.

Stayed July 2007
philadelphia pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2007

First this is not a resort. It is a over priced motel. For what I paid I expected more. Yes they have a spa. So what, I can get a massage anywhere. Let’s start off with making the reservations. I was
told I would have an ocean front room. Well unless the parking lot is the new Ocean, then I missed it. Then they did not tell me they were going to be withdrawing the whole amount from my account right away. When I called about it the woman said she told me (lie) and even told me to look on the web page. Guess what it did not say that on the web page it said ½. If it’s one thing I can’t stand it’s someone who lies. Once in our room I had to leave it. The smell of bleach was everywhere. Now I can see cleaning, but that was a bit much. And for $375.00 a night. I had the smallest bathroom and room I
have ever stayed in. I had a bed and bathroom. I have stayed in Sand Pebbles down the street and it was far better.

We had dinner at the hotel restaurant on Saturday. Another disaster.
One it was ice cold in that place, one could not even sit still and be comfortable. Nothing worse then getting cold food. Second the waitress kept disappearing on us. We had to look for her each time we needed something. 3 I hated the food. It was not prepared well.

So for anyone who say’s this is a good place blah blah, you been going here for years. I will say you must have small expectations. For $756.00 I would have at least have liked for the people to have manners.

And now it’s Monday morning and I look at my bank statement to see the Hotel took $100.00 out of my account. Without me knowing. To hold
for the next ten day’s. Only took them 5 minutes to take it out but 10 day’s to put back.

I can say I will never stay here again nor would I recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — not a thing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Briarcliff Manor, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2007

I spent three nights here with my mom and my two kids 2 & 4. I was a little apprehensive based on the reviews I read here but must say that this place was much better than I had expected. And I felt the rate was super-reasonable!! $133.00 a night! Windswept next door wanted $263.00/night. We had a resort side double queen room in the 300 building. The room, while not huge had everything we needed (fridge, microwave) and the furniture was modern and the entire room was clean, non-musty and the bathroom was recently remodeled, and loaded with lots of towels, could have used some more pillows. The entire resort was in great condition-pools were clean, grounds were constantly being maintained while we were there. Lido café was great for lunch- hint: kids menu portions are pretty big for 5$ and they will bring your food to you on the beach! Location could not be beat, right on the sand, walking distance to the boardwalk and the rides, etc. The amenities, while not Hyatt level- were way beyond anything you will find at the Jersey shore. Things like Pool/beach towel and chair service, toiletries (sewing kit, shower gels, shoe mits) an in-room working telephone (!), two restaurants. Continental breakfast was good- donuts, bagels, muffins, cereals, etc. -but you have to be there by 9 am. Staff was friendly and helpful-but housekeeping was slow to get to your room (3 pm).
Makes taking a trip to the shore with little kids really easy- no coolers, no extra towels, no chairs to bring along-kid friendly breakfast and lunch. Ate dinner at Broadway Grill- bar food basically, and at Tardi’s on Broadway- which was EXCELLENT.

• Liked — Way better than any other motel on the shore.
  • Disliked — housekeeping took too long to service room.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2007

Stayed here for two nights at the beginning of the summer. I'm a lifelong Jersey Guy, and I just can't wrap my head around paying over
$200 a night for a motel room down the shore. This place might be lightyears ahead of any of the places you'll find in Seaside, but it's certainly not comparable to a real Resort.

At check-in the folks are very friendly. The room was clean -- but just a very average motel room.

I must admit, having access to the beach was quite nice and the Lido Cafe just steps away made a nice quick place to get a bite.

I really have no complaints about the place... it's run well and it's
clean. It's just not worth the exorbitant price.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The Price
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!