“3rd Time at the White Sands- The Good and Not-So-Good” 3 of 5 stars
Review of White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Point Pleasant Beach
White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa
Save Saved
You added White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa to your Saves list
1205 Ocean Ave, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742   |
Hotel packages
Announcement
Fall is the Best season!
New York
“3rd Time at the White Sands- The Good and Not-So-Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed at the White Sands with my husband and 7 year-old son for the third time. The reason we come back here is for the great location. It is right on a great stretch of beach. Also, there are two pools right off the beach that are heated. My son really enjoyed swimming in them. As for the rooms, they are nothing fancy. It is basically motel-style rooms. You are paying for the location, not for the rooms themselves.

What we were most disappointed in was the beachside cafe. It had changed hands since last summer. Both the food and service have gone way down. The girls who work at the take-out window are absolutely rude and incompetent. Hopefully, this issue will be resolved, because we really do enjoy staying at this location.

437 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I am visiting my brother and his family from out of town and wanted to spend one night at the shore. We decided on Point Pleasant, NJ because we had never been there. I was very impressed when I saw the White Sands Resort and Spa website and was equally impressed when I checked in. Due to an early arrival, my room wasn't ready until 3:00 p.m., but for $313.00 a night, I wasn't worried because the hotel lobby is beautiful. HOWEVER, when coming back after 3:00 p.m. to check in, I was told that my room was across the street at the "OTHER" hotel. Apparently there are 3 hotels in all for this resort. The two dumpy hotels are across the street and boast a "oceanfront" room for $273.00 a night + taxes = $313.00 total. Let me tell you what I got for this amount of money. A room with a view of a wall, torn drapes (looks like someone burned a hole in them) and a very strong smell of disinfectant. When the disinfectant wore off, the smell of vomit permeated the room. When I told the desk clerk about my experience, she shrugged her shoulders and said, "I can give you a comment card to fill out." I would not waste your money staying at this hotel EVER. Please tell your family and friends that this place tries to reel you in with beautiful pictures and boasts of a "SPA" when indeed, the two hotels that most likely everyone occupies are complete disasters. I would have rather taken the $300 and put it down the drain. That's what I feel like I did with booking a room at the "White Sands Resort and Spa".

New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed here with my wife and son on July 30, 2012. Place is a complete dump and rip off. Rooms are disgusting. I have attached photos of the bathroom just to give you an idea. You can imagine what everything else looks like. We were charged more for the room than what was advertised online. They would not reimburse us the difference. SCAM!!! Pool area is old and gross. Food SUCKS!!!!! Not to mention I was charged for a glass of tap water after I purchased 6 bottles of water! Front desk is rude. Huge disappointment. I will never stay here again and will make it a point to inform as many people as i can about our horrible experience at this dump.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
kingston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Just made reservations for the seafood fest at the Windswept. Last year I booked the white sands online at a resonable rate. When I checked out they charged me more than double. When I questioned it they said that the online print out was only for one night. Not so because their policy is paid in full. This was a mistake on their part with their website. I paid for it. AND WILL NEVER STAY THERE OR SAY ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT THAT PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Dont Stay at the White Sands!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I called to try and make a reservation and was told there were no room left. I went online and saw that I could make reservations so I called back and told the girl that there were rooms online that I could book...she told me that if I booked it online that room wouldn't really be mine because they were fully booked. I took my chances and reserved a room and paid it in full. We went to check in and the manager was the one helping me. I told her what had happened and she gave us a free upgrade...from 1 king on the resort (ocean side) to 2 kings in the hotel side with an ocean view. I thought this was very nice of her and she must have apologized 5 times. The room was nice, AC worked great, hot water and there was some mold on the tiles.

The breakfast place really went down hill....the girls working there were slow, had major attitudes and the food was crappy...

The location is perfect, it is right on the ocean and the pools right next to the ocean are just perfect. I guess they charge so much because of the location, maybe they will make some upgrades over the winter!!

Room Tip: The rooms on the hotel side are much nicer than the ones on the resort (ocean side).
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here a few times and each time was wonderful. The rooms were nice but the sheets needed to be changed. Room keys failed to work after the third day. No problem staff brought another let right out. I like that the pools and the beach are real. Lost to our rooms. Nice family vacation spot.

• Stayed July 2012
Caldwell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

When I arrived I thought it was another motel type, but surprise surprise surprise. This ocean front resort has everything you could possibly want. Our grand daughter was married here, and the place was great, food and service wonderful. I would reccomend this for anyone any body who wants a fabulous time or vacation spot.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to White Sands Oceanfront Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!