“The REAL Jersey Shore (minus Snookie)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Surfside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Point Pleasant Beach
Surfside Motel
101 Broadway, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742   |
Bradley Beach, New Jersey
“The REAL Jersey Shore (minus Snookie)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The Jersey Shore has a million Motels like this one sprinkled up and down our gorgeous coast. Some are good, some...you wouldn't put a stray dog into. THIS place was an incredible find!! First...I gaurantee that you will not find a cleaner place to stay...in any price range. We have been very fortunate to stay on some incredible properties over the years...but this place is clean, clean, clean. It is simple BUT so well maintained. There is a very nice pool (heated) that is cleaned everyday...sparkling. Deck chairs wiped down...daily. Neat as a pin. They hand you fliers upon check in with do's and don'ts...I liked that. It was sort of...I don't know..military! But it gave you a clear idea of what is expected. Everyone is so friendly and helpful...my 13 year old forgot his Iphone charger and they went out of their way to find one he could borrow to charge it.
We parked the car there (free) and walked for two days. Check out Jack Baker's Patio Bar (behind the hotel)...which my kids LOVE. They get to dance to live bands and feel grown up. Its a 5 minute walk to the north end boardwalk. The ONLY complaint I have about this place is there are no in-room coffee pots and there is no where close by to get coffee in the morning. Other than that...this family-oriented Jersey Motel is JUST RIGHT.

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New Milford, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We just came back from 4 days at the Surfside Motel in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ. The motel was a great part of our vacation. We had 2 double rooms which were beautifully maintained. Extremely clean, very courteous service at the front desk and room service. The pool was immaculate. Free guest passes to the beach are provided daily and free wi-fi for the computer. There is not a single thing I could negatively write about.

Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

If you happen to come by Wholly Cow How Disgusting he totally rated the wrong Motel. None of the rooms even have a microwave!!!!! This motel is by far the CLEANEST on the Jersey Shore. Rooms & grounds are kept immaculate. I stay here 2-3 times a year with my family & I also come just with my husband. They are non stop sweeping, cleaning the pool, wiping down the chairs & railings. As far as the staff being rude, that's another lie. I called at the last minute to come down for a few days & they didn't have the same room available for 2 nights in a row they just had 1 king room for one night & a double for another. I asked if I could have both joking around & they let me check in & out & use those rooms so I was able to stay the 2 nights:) There is a patio bar & restaurant directly behind the motel which is very good & reasonable. You can eat inside or outside & every night between 6 & 10 they have a band. The owner lives on the property & is very hands on & friendly. I have been coming here for years now & yes it's a little dated but I would much rather take clean & peaceful to a modern dump.... No matter when we go we always see familiar faces because like us they return yearly. Don't listen to any of the negative reviews they are probably disgruntle motel competitors! Good Luck you won't regret it!

Room Tip: You cannot smoke outside your room, so if you are a smoker opt for the lower level they have a few d...
West Milford, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We went to the shore on August 4th, 2012 and figured if we found a vacancy we would stay. Well we pulled in here and booked a room. Check in was easy and with our rate we received our free beach passes for 5, our parking tag and a map of the area with some suggestions of where to eat, get coffee , supplies etc. We walked the few blocks to the beach and when we returned our room was ready. The room was small, but clean, there was small refrigerator and the AC was incredibly cold. The pool was open from 9 to 9 and was heated, my family loved the 87 degree temperature.

Even though we only stayed one night we had full access to all amenities for both days, parking, pool, ice, beach passes and access to a bathroom if needed. I had no issues with rude staff members or too many rules as others have stated, I assume the rules they are talking about was the recently enacted rule of no smoking in the rooms or within 20 feet of the hotel. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to others.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were small and claustrophobic when they are supposed to accommodate however many people you have, the walk is very far from the beach and boardwalk, and the staff is so ungodly rude it's insane. They get snotty with you when you ask for help and walk around like sharks making sure you are marching as they expect you to do with how many rules they have, especially with the 13 million signs all over the rooms with demands to do as they say or you get a fine. Everything else about this beach was perfect except for this hotel. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

This place lived up to all the positive reviews. The room was very clean, updated, and quiet. The hotel property is maintanted very well and the staff was quite pleasant. I always felt comfortable going into the office if I had a question or needed their recommendations on places to eat. When I checked out, they offered us beach passes for the day, and use of their facilities for the afternoon. The beach is a few blocks away which isn't an issue unless you have little kids. We have a 4 year old and a 2 year old, and was a challenge carrying all the beach bag, toys, chairs, cooler, etc.... while walking with the kids. We ended up driving to the beach the rest of the days. Overall, I was very satisfied with the hotel and would stay there again.

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My family and I had a great experience staying at Surfside and we would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Point Pleasant Beach. We stayed at the motel for 7 days with nothing to complain about. We had a 2-bedroom since our party included myself, my husband, my 2-year-old daughter and my mother. We were told by the front desk staff that the 2-bedroom units are the last to be remodeled (they'll be started after the summer season ends). However, even though it was somewhat outdated, the room was still very clean and comfortable. We were very grateful for the rules that the owners have in place regarding noise levels after 11pm considering its always difficult traveling with a toddler. Also, despite there being a bar behind the motel, we couldn't hear anything from our room. The pool was a great respite after walking back from the beach (3 blocks away) on those hot summer days. Just like the rest of the grounds, it was very clean too! We will stay again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Surfside Motel? Share your experiences!