“Clean and Quiet” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Surfside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Point Pleasant Beach
Surfside Motel
101 Broadway, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742   |
Syracuse, New York
“Clean and Quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

This place lived up to all the positive reviews. The room was very clean, updated, and quiet. The hotel property is maintanted very well and the staff was quite pleasant. I always felt comfortable going into the office if I had a question or needed their recommendations on places to eat. When I checked out, they offered us beach passes for the day, and use of their facilities for the afternoon. The beach is a few blocks away which isn't an issue unless you have little kids. We have a 4 year old and a 2 year old, and was a challenge carrying all the beach bag, toys, chairs, cooler, etc.... while walking with the kids. We ended up driving to the beach the rest of the days. Overall, I was very satisfied with the hotel and would stay there again.

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My family and I had a great experience staying at Surfside and we would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Point Pleasant Beach. We stayed at the motel for 7 days with nothing to complain about. We had a 2-bedroom since our party included myself, my husband, my 2-year-old daughter and my mother. We were told by the front desk staff that the 2-bedroom units are the last to be remodeled (they'll be started after the summer season ends). However, even though it was somewhat outdated, the room was still very clean and comfortable. We were very grateful for the rules that the owners have in place regarding noise levels after 11pm considering its always difficult traveling with a toddler. Also, despite there being a bar behind the motel, we couldn't hear anything from our room. The pool was a great respite after walking back from the beach (3 blocks away) on those hot summer days. Just like the rest of the grounds, it was very clean too! We will stay again!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

After checking out a few places in Point Pleasant online I took a gamble on the Surfside and it paid off. The staff was very nice on the phone and were just as nice when we arrived on our whimsical trip. Place was very clean, location was pretty good and they had some rules in place to prevent it from being party haven. Walk to the beach and boardwalk was only 3 blocks (took like 5-7 min.) there are a couple places to eat right behind the place which was great to have a decent meal and a drink on the inlet.
We only stayed one night but had a nice time and we would reccomend this place to our friends. Price was a little high but it was ok being it was well kept and very clean! Pool was a little small and kind of right on the street but looked sparkling clean. Would def go back!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was our first visit to the hotel and we look forward to returning next summer. The hotel is well maintained, new AC units, a few blocks from the boardwalk, beach and restaurants, family operated and very clean rooms, pool, etc. The only suggestions that I have would be to upgrade the tv's to a flat panel and possibly add a coffee maker and microwave to the rooms.

Hackettstown, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I would like to say even though the Surfside has the most well kept property, nicest looking motel, I will never stay there and never recommend that place to anyone. My friend and I planned a little girl’s weekend away and booked at the Surfside. She was quoted a price over the phone and booked the room; unfortunately I was the one who received the receipt. We didn’t talk about it until we were down there my bad I understand that!! We tried to explain to them what had happened and the man behind the counter even agreed he did price her wrong over the phone. Instead of trying to work something out he became extremely RUDE, pointing, yelling at us like we were being scolded by our farther. I received my deposit back and they DID NOT get our business. It was very unprofessional the way he acted!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed at the Surfside Motel while in the area for a wedding at the Lobster Shanty. The Lobster Shanty was literally across a parking lot behind the hotel, so it was super convenient and easy to walk to!
The hotel itself was very clean. Staff was nice. They only allow one car per room and are strict about this when they are fully booked.
Beach was a short walk away. Beach passes could be picked up at the hotel lobby each morning, so that was nice. The 7-11 that is in the opposite direction of the beach is probably a good 10+ minute walk away. Not really anywhere else nearby to buy snacks/drinks, so you may want to stop at a grocery store on your way into town for bottled water and things like that.
Ate breakfast at the Cottage one morning. It was a cute diner just a short walk away. Note: The Cottage, plus about every other place nearby, was closed on Mondays.

Room Tip: try to get on the 2nd floor.