“Made a good choice.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Surfside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Point Pleasant Beach
Surfside Motel
101 Broadway, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742   |
“Made a good choice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

After checking out a few places in Point Pleasant online I took a gamble on the Surfside and it paid off. The staff was very nice on the phone and were just as nice when we arrived on our whimsical trip. Place was very clean, location was pretty good and they had some rules in place to prevent it from being party haven. Walk to the beach and boardwalk was only 3 blocks (took like 5-7 min.) there are a couple places to eat right behind the place which was great to have a decent meal and a drink on the inlet.
We only stayed one night but had a nice time and we would reccomend this place to our friends. Price was a little high but it was ok being it was well kept and very clean! Pool was a little small and kind of right on the street but looked sparkling clean. Would def go back!!!

• Stayed July 2012

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was our first visit to the hotel and we look forward to returning next summer. The hotel is well maintained, new AC units, a few blocks from the boardwalk, beach and restaurants, family operated and very clean rooms, pool, etc. The only suggestions that I have would be to upgrade the tv's to a flat panel and possibly add a coffee maker and microwave to the rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hackettstown, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I would like to say even though the Surfside has the most well kept property, nicest looking motel, I will never stay there and never recommend that place to anyone. My friend and I planned a little girl’s weekend away and booked at the Surfside. She was quoted a price over the phone and booked the room; unfortunately I was the one who received the receipt. We didn’t talk about it until we were down there my bad I understand that!! We tried to explain to them what had happened and the man behind the counter even agreed he did price her wrong over the phone. Instead of trying to work something out he became extremely RUDE, pointing, yelling at us like we were being scolded by our farther. I received my deposit back and they DID NOT get our business. It was very unprofessional the way he acted!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed at the Surfside Motel while in the area for a wedding at the Lobster Shanty. The Lobster Shanty was literally across a parking lot behind the hotel, so it was super convenient and easy to walk to!
The hotel itself was very clean. Staff was nice. They only allow one car per room and are strict about this when they are fully booked.
Beach was a short walk away. Beach passes could be picked up at the hotel lobby each morning, so that was nice. The 7-11 that is in the opposite direction of the beach is probably a good 10+ minute walk away. Not really anywhere else nearby to buy snacks/drinks, so you may want to stop at a grocery store on your way into town for bottled water and things like that.
Ate breakfast at the Cottage one morning. It was a cute diner just a short walk away. Note: The Cottage, plus about every other place nearby, was closed on Mondays.

Room Tip: try to get on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stay at this motel every summer, and brought my boyfriend here in March. This is definately one of the best kept, cleanest motels I have ever been to. It is family owned, and they take great pride in keeping the rooms and grounds updated and immaculate. I cannot wait to go back in august!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Highly recommend this clean, quiet and family-run motel in Pt. Pleasant! The entire property was CLEAN. Pool was perfect with umbrellas for shade. Family-owned with friendly staff. Beach passes included. Strolled to beach, boardwalk and restaurants! :))))

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
morris county
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Found myself looking for a last minute place to stay for the night. This motel was really wonderful. The night staff could not have been any more helpful and friendly. The day staff was just as great. The room was really clean with no mildew smell that I have found at other shore-side motels. The room was so clean and well kept that I took a bath which is something I would normally never do at a motel. This has to have been the nicest place I have ever stayed at the Jersey Shore. They have won me over! I will go out of my way to stay here again! Bravo Surf-side!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Surfside Motel? Share your experiences!