“Clean, comfortable and inviting” 4 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
You added Sand Pebble Motor Lodge to your Saves list
Sand Pebble Motor Lodge
905 Ocean Ave., Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742   |
“Clean, comfortable and inviting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Much thanks to all for a pleasant stay. Even though it was just 1 night, we had everything right there; pool, poolside grill, lots of seating and friendly staff. We always visit before memorial weekend or after Labor Day, so it was an eye opener to see how busy the town gets. Also happy to see how hard everyone has worked to rebuild. It was heartwarming to read comments from displaced homeowners and how you opened your doors to help. See you in September!

Stayed June 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Just returned from visiting Point Pleasant beach for the first time (June 2013). My sister picked Sand Pebble off the internet, and we were very pleased. We stayed in Room #6. It is an old-fashioned, charming motor lodge. The price and location were great. The room was simple and clean with comfortable beds. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They accommodated every request we made, including giving us a place to change after checking out and spending the day at the beach. They also offer discounted beach passes and discounted ride tickets - saving us quite a bit of money. The pool was very nice and clean with a great omelets at Joe and Fran's snack bar - first time eating pork roll and loved it! Joe and Fran were great. The pool also had lots of seating with many tables and lounge chairs. We would definitely stay again - probably off-season when the rates are so good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bayonne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is one of the better motels i have ever been in here at the jersey shore. Nice people run this place, very clean rooms with flat screen tv's and new furniture. Walk across the street to the beach, by the way the beach has a new boardway very cool how they brought pt pleasant beach back to better condition. The sand pebble also has a snack bar with super cheese steaks, and the pool is very clean, no dirt at the bottom like some i have seen.

I have no complains about this place it was such a pleasure getting what you pay for and not some hollow promises, ty sand pepple for a great vacation.

Room Tip: stay upstairs over the pool
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
warwick
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were not impressed at all, overpriced! not worth the money! Although the rooms were clean, they were outdated, worn carpets, and the dark and dreary hallway, including our room #16 reeked of Cigarette Smoke. People at the desk were not very personable, quite cold, and unfriendly. After complaining about the cigarette smell, The woman at the desk just stood there, and wasn't sure what to do,we were then offered a different room by a man who was standing by the desk, what a lousy attitude he had! (we moved to an updated room in the opposite building). It was nice.
We checked out on Sunday, I called the office the next morning at 8:30am and informed the woman who answered the phone that we left a pair of expensive sandals on the side of the bed in room 31, she wasn't very receptive, I asked her to please check if anything was turned in by housekeeping, she took my number and said, as soon as they arrived she would call. SHE DID NOT! I called the office again at 6pm, a man answered the phone, and I explained what had happened, he was short with me, and said call tomorrow. I think this man needs to take a course on interpersonal skills, he has none! I would not go back there!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
sandpebblenj, Owner at Sand Pebble Motor Lodge, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for the three stars. However, think it is important to respond to this review because I think the reviewer is basing her negative comments largely out of anger over a missing pair of sandals.

Firstly, the guest check into our room # 16 and complained about a smoky smell. I immediately moved her to a different room rather than take any chances that this would continue to be an issue and a problem for the guest. I handled the matter promptly and if that seemed short or unfriendly then I do apologize. However, the reviewer reports that the room 16 had worn carpets and furniture. I really have an issue with those comments because they are wildly inaccurate, as both the furniture and carpets are brand new. Both purchased and installed this Month! So I am not sure what the reviewer is talking about with those comments. Of course I am pleased that she was happy with her second room.

Secondly, the reviewer complains that we did not get back to her about her missing sandals. In fact we did get back to her and left a message that he sandals are safe and we are holding them as she requested. I do apologize that the missing sandals were not located more promptly
nanuet
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed in room #17 on the top (second) floor in April 2013. We chose here because everything else was pretty much closed down for renovation thanks to Sandy. We usually stay on the beach side of the White Sands Resort and Spa but it was not open yet either. (only the Spa side which I do not prefer) We found this place to be Clean and Neat. Whoever takes reservations in the evenings is certainly NOT as friendly as the guy in the morning/afternoon. We checked in around 5:30p.m. The office is tiny and there was a sign in the window to go elsewhere to check in but I opened the door and someone was behind the counter. I walked in, after a long few seconds he came to me. Not friendly but not mean...just monotone. Never "GREETING" me in any way. I took my KEY,,,,that's right a big KEY not the ususal card you open doors with lately, and went to my room. It was nice in a way to have the key because I didn't have to worry about putting it near my cell phone and de-activating it! This was good because those cards always de-activate for one reason or another because it is so annoying when you get to your door and the key doesn't work!..Anyway,
We walk up the stairs to our room. It is a typical old fashioned looking "MOTOR LODGE". It smelled like cigarette smoke walking up. It was dim and gloomy at best. I was nervous about the room after walking up those steps and seeing the hallway but when we walked in, we were surprised to see that it wasn't so bad. The room was smallish but served the purpose for the night. The window showed us the pool, which was of course not open. The furniture was old and certainly not updated but it was clean. The sink was outside the bathroom and was just a sink and nice faucet. No sign of a blowdryer, fancy soaps or the usuals you find. The tiny bathroom was spotless and had toiletries that were in those packets that you tear off at the corners like "wet naps" (never seen this in hotel rooms) I guess it was with the "motor lodge" theme. The T.V. was small cheap thing on the wall. There was a small round table with two chairs and the coat rack was next to the bed. The bed was amazing. I do believe it was the best night sleep at a hotel I have ever had. I think it was one of those memory foam beds. I checked for bed bugs as soon as I walked in and found the bed to be clean and fresh. THANK GOD !!! Although the bed was great, don't expect a quiet room, the walls are so thin you hear everyone and everything around you. The walls actually are covered in that cement swirl (there's that motor lodge theme again! ) So all in all, the room was not updated in any way, shape or form, the front desk was not warm and fuzzy but the room was clean, which is tremendously important. So, yes I would stay again if I had to. Not my first choice, but I would.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
sandpebblenj, Owner at Sand Pebble Motor Lodge, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for the review. I appreciate the nice comments and do apologize for the parts of your stay that fell short of your expectations. I am proud to announce that many of your issues have already been addressed. The room you stayed in has been updated with new carpeting, new paint, a new flat screen TV and new bedding is on the way. The problem with the musty and smoky smell is that we had many displaced people due to Hurricane Sandy during the winter/spring. Some did not obey our no smoking rules. However with the updates this issue has been addressed.
As for our desk clerk being less then friendly I apologize for that goes totally against our guest first philosophy. This matter will be investigated.
I am very proud of our rooms with the new improvements. We survived Hurricane Sandy, but we are still performing many upgrades so that our rooms will be as good as any Hotel in town. We look forward to a great summer of 2013. I hope you came by for another stay.
Newton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We finally made it down to Point Pleasant to see the results of Hurricane Sandy. We stayed at the Sand Pebble on Ocean Avenue. If there was any damage at the Motel, we could not find it.
We had a room with 2 Double Beds and a tiny peek at the Ocean. It was very clean and smelled fresh. The rides were open and our kids had a great time. They are in the process of rebuilding the boardwalk and it should be finished by Memorial Day. Jersey Shore is back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

After many weeks as a FEMA Guest at "The Pebble" we are finally moving back into our house in BrickTown. Thanks for making our stay a pleasant one. Wanda was a great HouseKeeper and the Office Staff was always helpful and friendly. All the free food and donations from everyone saved us, as we had nothing but the clothes on our back when we arrived.

Thanks Again,
Sam and Judy

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sand Pebble Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!