“Fantastic Value & Super Clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Atlantic Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Point Pleasant Beach
The Atlantic Motel
215 Broadway, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742   |
Oakland, NJ
“Fantastic Value & Super Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was looking for an inexpensive (but clean!) motel in Point Pleasant for a wedding weekend. Most of the motels have a two-night minimum during the summer and I wanted something affordable. I found the Atlantic Motel and they had a reasonable $150/night rate for a double bed on Friday & Saturday night.
Book online and receive a 5% discount. I was waiting to hear back from my boyfriend before booking it and when I was able to book it later on that evening, the last double bed was booked. I had no choice but to book the Queen bed, which was a total of about $60 more expensive in total. I called and spoke to the front desk and let them know that I wanted to downgrade to the double room if one opened up. They told me to put it in the reservation notes which I did.

The day before leaving, I checked the availability for 1 double bed and found that one was open. I called the Atlantic immediately to change my room. I explained the situation again and said that I wanted to downgrade. The guy I spoke to was a little irritated at my request. He asked me why I’d want to go from a Queen to a Double and I explained to him that it was cheaper. He said he found the room I was talking about and told me it was a smoking room. I said that was fine. (My boyfriend smokes so I didn’t think it would be a big deal.) I hung up and started to panic that the room would stink like smoke the whole time and be grungy and yellowed. I am the definition of a worry wart. I called back (I told the guy I was sorry for being annoying.) I asked him if checking in late that Friday night would be a problem and he was all around super annoyed to be dealing with me. I get it, I’m not a huge people fan either but I was being super nice and after all, he is in the hospitality industry.) I also told him he didn’t have to bother switching the room if he didn’t do it already (like I said I was panicking in my head) he huffed and told me that it had already been done and isn’t that what I wanted. I said yes, yes. Don’t worry and hung up.

Well, I am very happy that I moved into the double despite my reservations about the smoke. I got to the motel to check in (the man there at night was SO nice) and went to the room to see a huge no smoking sign plastered to the front door. I guess the guy I spoke with the day before had attempted to steer me away from the double bed and get me to keep my more expensive Queen bed by telling me it was a smoking room. I was a little unhappy that he tried to deceive me especially since I was so worried about the room after I was told it was smoking.

The room was very clean and smelled fresh as could be. The air conditioner worked great and the bathroom was nice and big, perfect for a girl that needs to get ready for a wedding! There was a nice little table and chair set inside the room and a fridge. They also had a table and chair set outside each room which was nice. I didn’t use the pool or go see it. The only complaint I have is that the bed was very hard.

The place is three blocks from the beach but there is a free shuttle and free beach passes also a plus. The owner of the place drove us one day, he was also VERY nice.

I think I met the kid who was acting irritated when I called. He was nice when I met him at the desk to ask for an iron (also a plus that they had one!). We made small talk for a moment about his foster dog which was behind the desk and a pit bull (I love pit bulls!). Maybe he was having a bad day when I first spoke to him but he turned out to be okay.

The place is in walking distance to 7-Eleven, a bar, a fishing place, and has a delicious breakfast café across the street. All in all, I was extremely pleased with my stay here and would definitely come again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed at the Atlantic Motel on 18 Aug 2012. It is a family run motel, with a good sized pool and is just minutes from the beach. My room was small, rather dated but very clean and well kept. Help at the front desk and from the one employee I had contact with on the Houskeeping staff was just this side of great. I could not have asked for a nicer reception, nor more pleasant and helpful folks. Anything this facility lacked was more than made for by their attitude. I was impressed, and if I am in the area again.... I would not hesitate to stay there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

My husband an I stayed at this hotel in August with our infant son. They must have taken pity on us at the front desk and gave us a 'suite' with a large kitchen. It was nice to have a kitchen when washing bottles and all. The room was clean but dated. The couch was yellow and clearly from the 70s. Even though there was miss matched furniture and a water stain above the window the bed was comfy and the TV and tub/shower were big. It looks far on a map to the beach but it was only 3 blocks. If we could walk it with an infant in August anyone can walk it. The pool is private and there are plenty of lounge chairs. Only downside is that the dumpster is nearby and when the wind is right you get a good whiff of it. All and all it wasn't a bad hotel for the money. The room was cheap and they even offer late check out so you can get another day at the beach with the free beach pass!

• Stayed August 2012
long island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

the outside of the place was run down. needs a facelift for sure. the pool was very clean and big, the rooms were updated very clean but small. the beds were hard as a rock and woke me up at 4 am from the pain in my back every morning. the positives are the hotel is very reasonable, and its close enough to the beach to walk ,but we took the shuttle every day which worked out great. they give you free beach passes and discounts to the aquarium and mini golf and rides on boardwalk,. would i stay here again? probably not. but it was a decent stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wayne, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Not bad, the rooms were clean did not smell, which was good I had the 1st floor and they had picnic table by our room door, which we used every time we ate, which was better than eating in the room, after being out in the pool all day it seems dark in the room. The staff was friendly and they worked hard always cleaning the area. Free beach passes, free shuttle service (shuttle only till 3pm). Great breakfast place just a block away called Kitchenetta Cafe ( 300 Broadway) Clean towels everyday. Family friendly. There are two ice cream shops if you care to stop on your way walking to the beach, allot cheaper than the boardwalk also after the bridge there a place my daughter and I rented bikes. $35. for 2 hours. They give you a map so you don't get lost. You can also ride on the boardwalk if you get up early enough.

Room Tip: Always leave a tip. The girls are hard working.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Penn, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I didn't expect too much as this is just a motel near the beach but it was fine. The room was clean and did not smell, like some of the other reviews mentioned. We got free beach passes each day & recommendations on places to eat. It is within walking distance to the beach, a few restaurants, and places on the boardwalk. Every person we encountered at the front desk was accommodating. We had a little balcony attached to our room which was nice even though it was a small one. The wifi was a little slow and the rooms could definitely be updated but other than that I don't have any complaints.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Annandale, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is the second time Ive stayed here in two years. Really cant think of any complaints. Rooms are clean, a bit outdated but reasonably priced, pool is nice, free beach badges. Its in walking distance to the Tiki bar, shrimp box and especially waffles and more on Ocean ave, best breakfest place ever. Definetaly a good spot for a short stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Atlantic Motel? Share your experiences!