“Good Place to Stay....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Atlantic Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Point Pleasant Beach
The Atlantic Motel
You added The Atlantic Motel to your Saves list
215 Broadway, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742   |
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Place to Stay....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed at the Atlantic Motel on 18 Aug 2012. It is a family run motel, with a good sized pool and is just minutes from the beach. My room was small, rather dated but very clean and well kept. Help at the front desk and from the one employee I had contact with on the Houskeeping staff was just this side of great. I could not have asked for a nicer reception, nor more pleasant and helpful folks. Anything this facility lacked was more than made for by their attitude. I was impressed, and if I am in the area again.... I would not hesitate to stay there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

My husband an I stayed at this hotel in August with our infant son. They must have taken pity on us at the front desk and gave us a 'suite' with a large kitchen. It was nice to have a kitchen when washing bottles and all. The room was clean but dated. The couch was yellow and clearly from the 70s. Even though there was miss matched furniture and a water stain above the window the bed was comfy and the TV and tub/shower were big. It looks far on a map to the beach but it was only 3 blocks. If we could walk it with an infant in August anyone can walk it. The pool is private and there are plenty of lounge chairs. Only downside is that the dumpster is nearby and when the wind is right you get a good whiff of it. All and all it wasn't a bad hotel for the money. The room was cheap and they even offer late check out so you can get another day at the beach with the free beach pass!

• Stayed August 2012
long island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

the outside of the place was run down. needs a facelift for sure. the pool was very clean and big, the rooms were updated very clean but small. the beds were hard as a rock and woke me up at 4 am from the pain in my back every morning. the positives are the hotel is very reasonable, and its close enough to the beach to walk ,but we took the shuttle every day which worked out great. they give you free beach passes and discounts to the aquarium and mini golf and rides on boardwalk,. would i stay here again? probably not. but it was a decent stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wayne, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Not bad, the rooms were clean did not smell, which was good I had the 1st floor and they had picnic table by our room door, which we used every time we ate, which was better than eating in the room, after being out in the pool all day it seems dark in the room. The staff was friendly and they worked hard always cleaning the area. Free beach passes, free shuttle service (shuttle only till 3pm). Great breakfast place just a block away called Kitchenetta Cafe ( 300 Broadway) Clean towels everyday. Family friendly. There are two ice cream shops if you care to stop on your way walking to the beach, allot cheaper than the boardwalk also after the bridge there a place my daughter and I rented bikes. $35. for 2 hours. They give you a map so you don't get lost. You can also ride on the boardwalk if you get up early enough.

Room Tip: Always leave a tip. The girls are hard working.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Penn, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I didn't expect too much as this is just a motel near the beach but it was fine. The room was clean and did not smell, like some of the other reviews mentioned. We got free beach passes each day & recommendations on places to eat. It is within walking distance to the beach, a few restaurants, and places on the boardwalk. Every person we encountered at the front desk was accommodating. We had a little balcony attached to our room which was nice even though it was a small one. The wifi was a little slow and the rooms could definitely be updated but other than that I don't have any complaints.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Annandale, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is the second time Ive stayed here in two years. Really cant think of any complaints. Rooms are clean, a bit outdated but reasonably priced, pool is nice, free beach badges. Its in walking distance to the Tiki bar, shrimp box and especially waffles and more on Ocean ave, best breakfest place ever. Definetaly a good spot for a short stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

I have no clue how this place received 4 stars, more like 1! First, my friend and I changed rooms because it reeked of cigarettes. The second room was even worse...smoke and mildew.If we put the AC on, it stunk even more. On top of this the toilet was not clean. By the night's end, my friend left because she wasn't able to stay to bare the stench. I stayed and ate the cost of the $200 motel stay myself. I should have just taken the air mattress in my friends' shore house. Any of the other motels I've stayed in at Point were much more bearable.

• Stayed June 2012

Travelers are raving about these Point Pleasant Beach hotels

Been to The Atlantic Motel? Share your experiences!