“I've stayed in every blue-light, cheap hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mariner's Cove Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Point Pleasant Beach
Mariner's Cove Motor Inn
50 Broadway, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742   |
Pt Pleasant Beach
“I've stayed in every blue-light, cheap hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I must have stayed in 30 NJ hotels since coming here in 2008 and I can't find anything wrong with this place. It's in my top 3. Location, cleanliness, colorful rooms, very nice owners & staff, cable, internet, refrigerator, microwave - all good. Nice, big windows and windows in the bathrooms also help brighten up the place and give all the guests the same nice views of beach's fishing boats & restaurants.. I also hear from all other guests staying here after Hurricane Sandy that their beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

409 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I was here to work after the recent devistation caused by hurricane sandy. I received the best customer service at this motel even though the owners were dealing with many challenges and losses due to the storm. The rooms were clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Raj did his best to make my stay as pleasant as possible. I would definately return to this motel if I were here for pleasure. I stayed at 3 other motels in diferent areas of the state, and this was the best hands down.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Raj, Thank you for letting us have our wedding festivities at Mariner's Cove. I highly recommend the detatched suite with the roof deck for any party event. My guests and I had a wonderful time and Raj was so cool to let us celebrate, on the deck and by the pool. Highly recommended. It is what it is, a Jersey Shore place to stay, but Raj's warmth and hospitality made it so memorable. We had a blast. Thank you Raj for being so awesome. We have repeat business because of his hospitality this weekend, three weeks after the wedding! Love the proximity next to the Broadway, best raw clams in town.

Room Tip: Book the detatched suite with the roof deck, you will be thankful you did
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

while staying at the Mariners cove the 24th, 25th, and 26th we had an amazing time. the service was amazing and the view was good. we met friendly people that stayed a few rooms down from us. very clean rooms and towels whenever you need them. we went into the pool, walked to the beach because it was so close! had an amazing time and would defiantly. Raj was amazing in the way he treated my boyfriend and I. helped us order food from one of the freshest restaurants in the area. the sea food was amazing and not badly priced. Shore fresh seafood market was amazing!! cant wait to stay here again!

Room Tip: The rooms on the 2nd floor have an amazing view of the fishing boats and the beach area.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Mariner's Cove is the best hotel at the beach for your money. Great rooms, people are friendly and accommodating. The most comfortable beds ever! Beautiful pool. Nice quiet retreat. Tell all your friends..this is the place to be at the beach!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New Castle, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We have been staying at the Mariner's Cove for 6 years now. We go at least twice a year. We recently stayed late August for only two days last minute and we were still able to get the room we wanted thanks to Raj. Raj and the staff are the very bestthe rooms are clean and comfortable. You can always get extra towels no problem Free Beach Passes are greatly appreciated. Raj makes you feel like your right at home hanging out with one of your friends. Your able to bring your own grill and cookout we always make Raj a nice steak too. Free ice which makes it nice because we come down to go out in the ocean to go fishing.We usually end up bring home a lot of fish and we have a 7 hour drive home.The pool is heated and always clean. Close to the Boardwalk the beach and all the fishing boats. We wouldn't stay anywhere else. Your the best Raj see you in June your friends Leslie and Gary.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed here this past week for 3 days and 2 nights midweek, with my 6 year old son. It was a great choice. This is what I was looking for in my choice of motel: Good price, proximity to the beach, free parking, free Wi-Fi, complimentary beach passes, clean rooms and linens, and a swimming pool. Mariner's Cove has it all! No, it’s not fancy, and maybe it smelled a tad odd when you enter the room... but what do you expect for this rate? I'm not going to this location to sit in a motel room, stare at the walls and critique the furniture after all. I am not a hotel snob, but I AM picky, and I've been to some fine hotels in my time. But this suited my needs just fine. While I thought it would have been an added plus to have breakfast available on site, the motel is only a 3 minute walk from a cozy little eatery called Ken's Landing on the marina that has good breakfast and lunch fare.

I was able to walk to Jenkinson's Boardwalk (with the amusement park rides, arcade, Fun-House, restaurants, miniature golf, and the Aquarium) quite easily from here, though it was a tad difficult on my boy, so the next day I drove out towards there early enough and within 5 minutes of leaving the motel lot found a place to park on a side street for free. If you just want to hit the beach, though, it really close... a 5 minute walk.

One of the best features of Mariner's Cove is the pool. This is a heated pool, folks! And it's open way past dark, too (well lit). My kid loved it. It was hard to pull him out of it when the time came. Oh, and Raj the manager let us use it (AND the parking lot) after we checked out... how is that for hospitality? His own kids swim in in this pool every day, so you can be sure he's gonna keep it clean. The next time I go to Point Pleasant, if I am not staying at someone's personal home, I will be sure to book here again. 2 suggestions: Put little coffee-makers with coffee packets in each room, and switch the 1 ply to 2 ply : )

By the way, I never write reviews on motel stays... this is my first, But since I found this place on-line, and decided on it from reading the reviews here on Trip Advisor, I decided I would confirm/validate it from my own experience.
Thank you for everything, Raj! - mw

Room Tip: The Wi-Fi signal is stronger the closer you are to the office.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Mariner's Cove Motor Inn? Share your experiences!