“Great place” 4 of 5 stars

Windswept Motel
1008 Ocean Ave, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742   |
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Walked in looking for a quiet spot on the beach! Extremely clean, wonderful people working there. I WILL be back. I wanted to just spend a day reading on the beach and arrived Saturday evening and pulled in parking lot because of reviews here. I got an oceanfront room and everything I needed, including peace and quiet. Then, I was allowed to leave my car in the spot and spend the day on the beach. I realize it's off season, but it was still very nice. They are friendly and accommodating and the room was immaculate. Glad it's open year round as I know I'll be back.

Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Binghamton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stay at Windswept every year in October. This past week was very windy and chilly but the sun came out and we were able to wear shorts and walk barefoot in the warm sand. Our room was bright and clean and the staff seemed to enjoy working with each other. They greeted everyone with a smile. Our room was always finished when we returned from breakfast. Our room was very quiet even though the rooms around us were occupied. The balcony was large enough for several people to relax and the morning sun was beautiful and the view is amazing. We could watch the sunrise from our room or from the beach which is only a short walking distance away. Having your own designated parking is always a good thing. The owner is a very charming man who always seems to have time for our questions and tell us what is going on in the area and where to go for whatever we desired. We are already talking about our next trip to Point Pleasant Beach.

Room Tip: Take your own hairdryer. When you make reservations, ask about refrigerators or micro Make reserv...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kingston, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I Just returned home from our first trip to Point Pleasant Beach.
We booked a 2nd floor ocean front room at the Windswept. We were a little nervous that it wouldn't be as advertised but to our delight the room was everything we wanted and more. Our entire stay went extremely smooth. Check in was simple and quick and they gave us our room early and then let us check out late also.
The entire staff was super friendly and genuine at that. Our room was spotless and very accommodating. Fridge and coffee maker provided, plenty of toiletries. The view off the balcony was magnificent, I don't think you can be closer to the beach. We enjoyed the beautiful sunrise and sunset each day.
Our room did have a small ant problem which they tried to cure. We really weren't phased, we live in the mountains of NY. The pool was warm and clean and popular with the kids. The hotel is located literally right next door to the south end of the boardwalk so while it was very quiet it
was super convenient to walk to the attractions.
When we checked out the friendly desk clerk (forgot her name) recommended an awesome restaurant for breakfast and she was spot on. We would stay here again in a heartbeat and can't wait to return next year. PPB is a beautiful town and we had a perfect vacation. Thank you Windswept!
Brett G.

• Stayed August 2012
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Loved this place! The rooms are extremely clean and the staff (family run) was so nice, helpful, and pleasant. Every day, you get access to the private beach (with lifeguards). You basically walk across the parking lot and you're there. It's so peaceful. However, you're close enough to the boardwalk to easily walk to all the excitement. The pool is a great size (not huge but definitely not small). It was the perfect getaway, and this is now my hotel of choice. I will stay here for future vacations to come. One tiny downfall is that the rooms with 1 queen-sized bed do not have mini fridges. However, we just used our cooler, and it worked out fine.

Room Tip: Just note: the rooms with only 1 queen-sized bed do not have a mini fridge, so just bring a cooler.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Poughkeepsie, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

For the price of a standard room I was very pleasantly surprised with the view that we had from the porch. Last summer we spend more than twice the amount of this room for an Ocean View room across the parking lot and we loved the room but had almost the exact same view this year for much less.
My one complaint is that upon arrival, the room had a very unappealing smell. We came prepared with a bottle of febreeze so it was not a big deal but it was a very strong odor. The room was a little on the small side, but being on the beach, we weren't planning on spending much time inside anyway. The motel is steps away from the beach and you get free beach passes (wrist bands) with your reservation which is nice. It is also a short walk from the boardwalk where there is plenty to do. We didn't have to drive around at all to find meals.
I would suggest putting refrigerators in the rooms. It isn't a huge problem, but would have been nice to be able to keep some water or other drinks cold. (they do however have a working ice machine downstairs, so that was a plus).
The water pressure in the shower was pretty amazing. If you have clothes that may need to be ironed bring your own iron and women who have to dry their hair need to bring their own dryer as well. (luckily for me, i think i've used an iron once in my life and im a religious drip dryer haha). Overall we were very satisfied with our stay and if we make our way back to the Point Pleasant area I would be happy to stay at the windswept motel again.

Room Tip: Standard rooms upstairs are (i believe) the same price as the standard rooms downstairs but you get...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Wappingers Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had no problem with this hotel. It's right on the beach.The front office was very nice and very helpful. The room was very clean. I did a thorough mattress check and it looked very clean and new. The carpet was clean. The only things people might mind would be the small older television and the bathroom had a shower stall, not a tub. We had a 1 queen bed room. There was no fridge or microwave in our room. Those are only in the double bed rooms. They offer a discount deal for friday-monday stays and the parking and beach passes are free. The free coffee in the morning was delicious.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sunbury, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed here July 13-16, 2012. My daughter, her husband, and little boy were next door. It was great. A short walk to the beach, with no streets to cross. Rooms were small, but very clean, and always made up by mid-morning. Excellent coffee is on the house along with USA Today. Numbered and assigned parking spaces - good idea. A small but adequate pool in the back that the grandson loved. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Although getting up in years (one guest said she'd been coming there for 30 years) the Windswept is well maintained. The only negative - the rooms could use a few more places to put things, not necessarily closets, but a few more flat surfaces for toiletries bags, etc. I had to set my phone on the soap dish over the bathroom sink to recharge it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room for a refrigerator so you can do breakfast and even lunch on your own. I find that r...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Windswept Motel? Share your experiences!