“Even better than we remembered” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Tower Cottage B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Point Pleasant Beach
The Tower Cottage B&B
You added The Tower Cottage B&B to your Saves list
203 Forman Avenue, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Delaware
“Even better than we remembered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Tower almost three years ago, and have been fantasizing about a relaxing return ever since. We finally got the opportunity, and decided to share the experience with close friends who travelled with us. Our stay was everything we remembered and even better. Maureen's food is absolutely exquisite. The best breakfasts and pastries you can find. The accommodations are sparkling clean and luxuriously appointed. Seeing Maureen and Tony again was like seeing extended family. They have a marvelous way of making everyone feel completely at ease in their home. Our friends were blown away by their hospitality and the entire experience, and we hope to be back again and again.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Metuchen, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was my Husband and I's first B&B experience (and it was our honeymoon). We stayed for only 1 night on our shore journey. I have to say, it left a bad taste in our mouths. Yes, the place is beautiful and well kept (besides the hair in our shower), but the innkeepers were not as nice as all the reviews. We felt almost looked down upon. We're not upper class, we're regular middle class hard working people who felt like we weren't good enough to step inside their home. We were almost sneered at for not taking their recommendation for where to go for dinner and was asked twice "what's going on with your car?" This is not how we imagined a B&B to be. If you can afford to stay there, you should be treated like everyone else. This was a terrible memory to have of our honeymoon, the local Hilton treated us with more respect! We are so sad that it turned out like this.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TowerCottage, Owner at The Tower Cottage B&B, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
We remember this young couple and found them to be friendly and pleasant. They had been married a few days before and spent one night with us. We are disappointed that they did not have a favorable experience with us. If they were offended we offer our sincerest apologies.

So that others may understand the circumstances behind this review, we do feel impelled to comment.

This couple arrived at our inn with a car that was decorated with several 'sculls and crossbones'. I did ask about the car (in a joking manor) since the young man had a similar symbol on his hat. It piqued my interest. I was curious if the symbols represented a school or mascot (I went to a college that had a pirate mascot...they may have gone to the same college). The young woman explained that she worked for a decal company and that the decorations could be removed and replaced at will. Not being familiar with the technology, I was intrigued with that feature, and actually found it interesting and amusing. This is why I asked about the car the next morning and if she had decided on what her next decal theme would be.

This couple asked for recommendations for a restaurant as do most of our guests. I gave them a list of quality restaurants in the area and then asked my wife to make more recommendations. The next morning I asked about their evening and where they went to dinner. They decided to go to restaurant that we did not recommend. I simply responded with, "oh!", and certainly did not 'sneer upon' them.

I cannot confirm nor deny the presence of a hair in the shower. We pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our inn. Our housekeeper is an experienced professional who was previously responsible for the entire housekeeping department and quality control at another, much larger establishment. Our bathrooms are thoroughly cleaned between guests. The showers are cleaned with disinfectant cleaners. Our Jacuzzis go through a triple-cycle sanitization process of bleach, dish detergent and vinegar between guests. Had this been pointed out to us at the time we would have rectified it immediately.

What disappoints us more about this review is that we genuinely liked this couple. We actually wanted a picture of them before they left. We took the picture, and then printed them a copy of the photo. I told them that I thought they were a cute couple. We took interest in their wedding and asked if they had any pictures. They shared the only ones they had with them on their cell phone. We told them that we enjoyed having them stay with us. I recall that after they left, my wife had forgotten to give them a small box of Godiva chocolates as a token of our appreciation. After they left, my wife ran out to their car to make sure that this couple received the candy.

Again, I want to express our apologies.
ConwayWA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We chose the Tower Cottage based on the reviews. The #1 rating is totally justified! We were delighted to stay in such a clean and luxurious place with every amenity and also a quiet respite following a busy few weeks. The breakfasts were incredible - delicious and beautifully presented with healthy choices including a variety of fresh fruit. The hosts, Maureen and Tony, were both exceptionally friendly and attentive.

Croydon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Tower Cottage for the 1st time on 9-24-12 . Our experience was perfect. Maureen was so nice and went over and above our expectations. We have never stayed in place that was so clean. We stayed in the Tower Suite, making our 28th anniversary so special. We also had a chance to tour the other rooms, that were just as nice. The breakfast was outstanding. I enjoyed reviewing the pictures and history of the cottage with Maureen.
Barbara & Bill Croydon Pa.19021

Room Tip: We thought that they were all good
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This b&b is incredible.... My husband and I loved it. Maureen the innkeeper is a sweetheart. Everything is super clean and the breakfast is the best I ever had. We are already planning to go again in a couple month. Are experience was simply perfect!!!
Joe&danny

• Stayed September 2012
North Wales, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Tower Cottage to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. It was an absolutely wonderful anniversary getaway. We stayed in the Tower Suite which was just stunning. The B&B as well as our suite were immaculate. Maureen and Tony were two of the nicest inkeepers we have ever met. In the 20 years we have been married, we have stayed at quite a few B&B's. The Tower Cottage is simply by far at the top of our list. We loved every moment while we stayed there. The breakfasts were the best we have ever had served to us at a B&B. The homemade muffins, cakes, cookies, etc. were just delicious. We loved the cheese plate that was delivered to our room as well as the botte of wine in the wine cooler. Also, the beach bag packed with towels, beach tags and snacks were such a thoughtful added touch. We truly felt at home staying at the Tower Cottage. We definitely will come back and stay at the Tower Cottage again.

Room Tip: The Tower Suite room is on the third floor by itself. It is nice having the privacy being on the th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
east coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just beautiful from the minute you walk in. Wonderful hosts who can not do enough for their guests. Lovely people who truly enjoy being innkeepers- shows in everything- the delicious food, the friendly attitudes and the immaculate setting. From a picky traveler, we hope to return and stay in the tower room. Thank you!!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to The Tower Cottage B&B? Share your experiences!