“The most unaccommodating place” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Brielle, New Jersey
“The most unaccommodating place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stopped going to Red's after being badly treated twice. The first time was when I was trying to treat my gentleman friend to dinner for his birthday. The "hostess" let me stand at the door for what seemed like forever while she chatted with customers who were trying to eat their meals. She saw me there and totally ignored me. We left and went somewhere else. (Guess they have their favorites and we were not among them.) The next time, we were planning to eat on the deck. If you don't like or can't eat French fries, Tough Luck. Haven't been back.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
kittyfromreds, Manager at Red's Lobster Pot, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I'm hoping that one of the thousands of customers who come to Red's and tell us they love it will soon post a positive comment on Trip Advisor. Thank you to those those who have already made positive comments. And we appreciate (and cringe) at the negative comments. It keep us in check, and to tell us where we need to improve. As always- specific dates/incidents are helpful to us to pinpoint problems.

Livingston, NJ
“I just don't go there anymore.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Red's is run by the most arrogant, rude family I've ever encountered. If you're not in the "in" crowd you'll be completely ignored. The food is nothing to write home about and the prices are high for what you get. I've gone there 5 or 6 times and it just kept getting worse. I gave up on them about a year ago. With so many choices of restaurants in Point Pleasant I'd recommend you make another choice.

Visited May 2012
kittyfromreds, Owner at Red's Lobster Pot, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your review and for the brutal honesty. At Red's we strive to make any person who crosses the boundary of our property feel welcome. We are honored that whenever anyone even considers us their place to dine at. Regarding our food and pricing- we use the freshest ingredients sourced from sustainable and local sources, and our pricing reflects that. There is the constant savings of bringing your own alcohol, as well. I can assure you, Red's has not been in business for 20 years because of isolating any customers or sacrificing taste. If there was a specific incident promting your review, it would be helpful for us to know about it and work towards improvement. ###
Milford, Pennsylvania
“Good Food and Authentic Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Yes, it's BYOB and the dining room is small, but the atmosphere and location near the fishing boats in Point Pleasant make it worth the trip. My lobster was perfectly cooked and in line with the normal market price, and bringing my own craft beer allowed me to enjoy my own rare brew without having to pay inflated restaurant beer prices. If you don't want to wait for the lengthy weekend dining room waiting list, there is also a self serve "food stand" style outdoors dining room with views of the water. I recommend this "dive" restaurant to anybody who is looking for an authentic "down the shore" meal as a retreat from the overly popular commercialized alternatives.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Spring Lake, New Jersey
“Happy to see you up & running.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Although Red's suffered a great deal of damage thanks to Hurricane Sandy, we were happy to hear on the news that they opened again. This is always our local go-to for when we want fresh seafood. We have always found the servers pleasant and the food is consistent. The clams posillipo is one of our menu favorites. Once the season starts, you must get to this BYOB early since there are only about 10 tables in the place.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
“Over rated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Very underwhelmed by this place. Very high prices for food served on paper plates outside and a very rushed and cramped atmosphere inside. There are too many choices in the area to do this again.

Visited August 2012