“Toilet sabotage! and you could get pregnant from swimming in the pool” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Point Pleasant

You added Rodeway Inn Point Pleasant to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Point Pleasant
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   620 Ocean Road/Rte 88, Point Pleasant, NJ 08742 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Point Pleasant
Bedminster, New Jersey
“Toilet sabotage! and you could get pregnant from swimming in the pool”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

Second stay at this motel. First one was great, hence the reason we came back. This stay was HORRIBLE! Checked in and went up to the room, attempted to use the toilet and when flushing, OVERFLOWED!! I shut off the water and asked the front desk for some assistance and a plunger to see if it was clogged (only urinated in toilet), I was handed a plunger and sent on my way. I took off the lid and realized that the toilet workings were sabotaged! The fill spout was not over the overflow chamber, but over the tank, causing it to overflow. Fixed that and the cleaned the floor with the cleaner supplied after second trip to front desk. When walking down to the front desk, 2 people “fornicating” in the POOL! In the broad day light. When checking out 2 other people complained about their toilets!! Room smelled like bug spray, bad! Then turned down one bed and noticed BLOOD on the sheets, asked for new sheets and after the third degree, handed 2 sheets to make my own bed! After being out for the night, turned down bed number 2, also with BLOOD in the sheets, second call, third degree, 2 new sheets to make the bed myself! The motel staff was very rude and unapologetic about the whole situation. Oh and its on a busy road and 1 mile from the beach, by car. The continental breakfast is stale cereal and some bread to toast. And the high speed internet would not connect. There were also bullet holes in the bathroom door. Stay and swim at your own risk!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

Only after an hour of laying down I opened my eyes to a few bed bugs crawling next to me.After jumping out of bed and packing up at 5:30 in the morning we went to the front desk with the proof of the bugs the hotel staff and manager proceeded to accuse us of bringing the bugs so that we can receive a discount on the room.The manager and front desk clerk told me they had never seen anything like that before and he was going to call his guy! I told him to call ecolab that would be more appropriate then "his guy"!.I was extremely disappointed in the customer service and the cleanliness of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Point Pleasant hotels

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

I wanted to spend some quality time with my partner and we choose the Jersey Shore to visit - Of all the locations we reviewed online , the Quality Inn, Point Pleasant looked the best . Well let me tell you we were not disappointed one bit - the room was beautiful, cafeteria was spacious and service was excellent - whenever I had a question whoever was at the desk went above and beyond - On top of everything else they had all kinds of freebies for the boardwalk, food and passes - My wife loved it and we both had an excellent 3 days - I will definitely go back and I would highly recommend Quality Inn, point Pleasant Motel to anyone looking to spend time on the shore..

Thanks to management..

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

This was the most tense, uncomfortable, and nerve-wracking night I've ever spent in a motel or hotel. It's also the first time I've stayed in a motel/hotel and was not able to get to sleep at all; not even for a minute.

We checked into the Quality Inn, Pt. Pleasant, NJ on 12/25, on a chilly, rainy Christmas Day. The room was small but clean and nicely furnished. It was very cold inside, however, and took several hours to warm up to a comfortable temperature. The bathroom remained uncomfortably cold during our entire stay. The heater in the room was noisy and kept kicking on/off frequently, and alternated between blowing warm air followed by blowing cold air each time the thermostat cycled off.

But enough about the room.

We left in mid-afternoon to go spend the holiday with family. We returned to the room about 11:30 p.m. and shortly after that heard loud banging/thumping/crashing noises from the room next door. This continued for about 20 minutes and was followed by loud and repeated pounding at the door of that room. When I looked out to see what was going on, the police were there and said they were trying to get the occupant to open the door, and get the situation resolved. I am not sure if they ever got the person to open the door, but my husband looked out shortly after that and the police were going into the lobby toward the front desk.

After the police left, the noises continued all night -- constant crashing and banging of items against the wall, the sound of someone repeatedly rummaging through their personal items, and repeated opening and loud slamming of the door. The occupant seemed to keep leaving the room about every 1/2 hour to 45 minutes, and then would return shortly afterwards and start tossing things around again. At one point in the wee hours, a car arrived. I heard a female voice in the parking lot and then in the room. After about 30 minutes she left. The noise kept up until about 6:00 a.m., when I finally gave up trying to sleep and got up to get ready to leave.

I considered calling the police again myself, or the front desk, but the neighbor had already been reported by someone else and nothing had been done. Whatever this person was up to, the management didn't seem to care, and I didn't want to draw attention to us and have to spend the night there with a neighbor who was angry with us.

I spoke with the man at the front desk before leaving, and he said we should have called to request a new room. Let's see... get out of bed in the middle of the night, get my husband out of bed, arrange for a new room, get dressed, gather our belongings from various places around the room/bathroom, repack them, move (in the middle of the night, in winter and the pouring rain) to a new room that was probably just as cold as the first one, then try to warm that room up and get settled again so we could go back to bed. I would not have gotten to sleep in time to get any rest, even if we had moved.

Don't bother with this place unless your plans include staying awake all night.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
imgoodluck17
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our three night stay at this motel. We selected the Quality Inn because a lot of hotels close to the beach are not name brand and to be quite frank, they're often sleazy and not the cleanest. Although this hotel was just under a mile away from the beach, we were always able to snag free roadside parking with a short walk.

We had a queen bed non smoking room on the second floor and I felt that it was of decent size. It was newly renovated, very clean, and housekeeping came and cleaned it thoroughly each day. Most importantly to me, the bed sheets were clean. There were enough pillows, blankets, and towels (I hate asking for extras). The continental breakfast was pretty decent, as long as you can get up that early (6am-9am). There were other young people like us (early twenties) that obviously came to point pleasant to enjoy the nightlife, but no one was disrespectful, overly noisy, or questionably loitering.

I felt like the management was very nice. We booked our room online maybe two weeks in advance and had no problems with the reservation and the price we had expected (I believe it was 110 on weeknights and 150 on weekends, but don't quote me on that). The only problem we did have was the light bulb blew out in the bathroom but we called management and they came up right away. This hotel was the best choice for us and I feel like we would go back next year.

Diane, Upstate New York, 23

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
new jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

the rooms are nice but the door is hard to open!!!!!
it was raining so i could not use the pool
at breakfast the hotel owner was so noisy on my mom when she was making her cup of hot tea but everything elese was good!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Allentown, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

I stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions while on business. The company for whom I work booked my stays via Expedia. I was slated to stay five times over as many weeks, but I only made it to two stays before moving on. The rooms were clean, modern, and comfortable, and the overall facility is functional and secure.

On my second visit, however, the desk clerk, whose English suffered, openly criticized me for having booked my reservation through Expedia. He lamented having to pay what he called "a large commission," and he essentially told me not to return as I had planned the following weeks if I continued to have reservations through Expedia. I heeded his imperative and had the company book me elsewhere. Service and English skills are sorely lacking at this hotel, and it is a shame since the property is otherwise perfectly adequate.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn Point Pleasant? Share your experiences!