“OK motel” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   620 Ocean Road, Point Pleasant, NJ 08742 (Formerly Sea-Aire Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Point Pleasant
Unionville, Virginia
“OK motel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here on business after Super Storm Sandy. The motel only had 3 open rooms and they were all on the second floor. The room wes small and dated. Even tho there was a flat screen TV, the rest of the room seemed from the 60's. Also, there was no elevator and the seairs were very narrow. Brakfast was not very good, just the normal stuff. The staff was very friendly. Not a good value for this time of year, but it was after a large storm.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
linden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Bad motel location pool was dirty small. Chairs were all over the place small tv i couldn't understand a single word the staff said. people can see you while driving next to the motel while your in the pool if you are insecure you wont be having fun with alot of people staring at you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hackettstown, New Jersey, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

For spending about $200 a night for a room the hotel room wasn't very clean. The bathrooms need to be cleaner and most of the bed sheets had holes in them. The latch on the door which opens to the parking lot is not placed high enough were children can't reach. We had to baracade the door with suitcases and furniture so our kids wouldn't get out.

Not worth the money at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Point Pleasant hotels

Hagaman, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I had a reservation at a rodeway hotel that is owned by the same owners of this quality inn. At that hotel, there was blood on the carpets and holes in the walls. The rodeway manager sent me to this hotel. He told me I would get the same rate (I used points and paid for a second room). At the front desk at 2am I asked the woman how much she was charging me. In front of witnesses, she said she was just charging me for 1 room (just like I was promised at the rodeway). It was difficult to understand her, but everyone believed her to have said that she was charging for jsut one room! The next day, I saw my bank account and was charged for 2 rooms! I complained to a new staff member but he was not very understanding or cooperative. THe language issue was a struggle. I believe that since both hotels are operated by the same people, that they sent me to the Quality Inn in order to scam me out of more money! SHAME!!

Seacaucus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Me and my friends had been planning an overnight beach trip for the longest time. We heard that many of the motels and hotels in beach areas were not as pleasant as the beach suggested, however we took a chance. Despite the many negative reviews about the Quality Inn , it did not fail to deliver great quality service. I was greeted very kindly by the staff and was helped with whatever i needed. The rooms were cleaned every day and towels and other necessities were made available whenever needed. My friends and I enjoyed the spacious and clean pool area. The best part of this hotel was the furnished sundeck. I definitely recommend this to anyone who is trying to spend the night in the seaside/point pleasant area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The rooms were adequate and very clean and the pool was cleaned every morning. The staff were very friendly and polite they always stopped and spoke to you. We had two rooms on ground level, which was great.
The only down side is it was a bit far from the beach, we had to get taxi's, but this was not a big deal. All in all no complaints what so ever about this hotel a great holiday and cant wait to go back!

Roselle Park, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We pull up no parking. Finally had to go to the back and it was really tight. Check in was quick. The person at counter was hard to understand. But when we asked about shuttle to beach that was advertised they said they had no shuttle and to contact board walk. When I asked at board walk the said some hotels or motels over hat and beach badges but it's from the hotels. So tha was a bummer now because we now had to pay $30 for parking each time we went. We went in our room and it smelled. There were spider outside our room.The microwave and fridge were nasty. The carpets were really dirty. The sheets had a blood stain. We requested new one idnt make to much o a difference.By this point we were really hesitant to stay. We kept killing two spiders. But as we called around most places were around the same price yet no availability. When we asked how much we would have to pay to cancel. And they said we had to pay no matter what. In order to get a refund you mus cancel 72hr. In advanced .So we decided to stay. Getting to beach was a challenge. The so called breakfat was horrible. We went at 8 and the hardly had anyhng we were told when i asked what else thy had they said it was first come basis and maybe i should have come earlier. Fin ally when we were going to check out we requested late check out as choice members and were told that they do at. I said but we have the privilege with an arrogant attitude they said the rules are the same for all here. I told them I would complain and he said to go ahead. So we left. That morning me and my mom noticed we had several bites and t irst thought maybe it was mosquito bites which we found strange because it was just us and we didn't recall mosquito at the night yet these than realized they were bed bugs. They are litterally all over my arms back and leg. It is horrible I ad to put everything to wash and dry. And in a middle of a heat wave avoid going out or wearing long sleeve to covers arms it looks horrible not to mention its such an irritating sensation.

Room Tip: Sleep n your car