“Read this and choose another hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   620 Ocean Road, Point Pleasant, NJ 08742 (Formerly Sea-Aire Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Point Pleasant
MI
“Read this and choose another hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I get a family discount on any choice hotels so I frequently stay at choice hotel hotels and this is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We chose point pleasant because we read that the hotels in Seaside Heights weren't that great so we figured this would be a nice alternative, boy was I wrong. 1st The parking lot is so small you can barely walk through it. I drive a G6 which is a smaller car and it was difficult for us to use the parking lot without being very very cautious of hitting another car or the wall of the pool which is right in the middle of the parking lot in a circle shape. I really couldn't imagine parking there with a truck or SUV. The spots are hard enough to get out of and there are a few spots that you will be trapped in if there are cars on both sides because there are a few awkward spots. 2nd we got there at 2:45 and they let us check in even though check in wasn't until 3. We unloaded all our stuff walked up the stairs and house keeping wasn't even close to our room. We literally waited outside in the heat for 45 mins for them to clean our room. They looked like slobs no uniforms and appearance was a mess. Not to mention the rooms are smoke free and they were smoking instead the room while cleaning it. 3rd When I checked in they reassured me that no charges or holds were being made to my account because I told them that we would be paying at the end of the week. They said it would be fine. An hour later I get a text from my bank saying that I was charged the whole amount of the room. I asked the hotel to fix it and they would not so I had to call and have the bank drop the hold. Also not to be rude but they are foreigners that have very hard to understand English and it is very clear that when they wanted to talk about you they spoke their native tongue. 4th Our room was decent but many issues with different things. The sheets literally all had blood stains on them and the pillows had yellow stains on them. We approached the front desk with that and he said oh sorry they are all like that. I was disgusted. We never got clean towels, toilet paper, and we had to take our own trash out. We had to seriously argue with him to get another blanket and it smelled. Our screen to the window wasn't on track it was just leaning on the window. Spots on the carpet. The only plus was on demand cable and a sun deck with chairs. 5th when I checked out we paid partial with cash and partial with credit. My receipt read the correct information but my bank account read other wise. I called them to get it fixed and they said nothing but our computers read that the correct amount was taken out. So I called the bank and they reassured that the wrong amount was taken out. They suggested maybe it was a hold for extra charges but the hotel said it wasn't that it was the right amount taken out nothing more. The son i believe told me if I had a problem with them to call a lawyer. I cussed him out and call the bank back and they took it out. I have never had such bad customer service. I was in shock that a professional place talked to me the way they did. They are crooks and con artist. Also it is 25 minutes away from the beach so not worth it to save a few dollars. If you want a headache book this place, if you want a good time find another place to stay. Also it is in an awkward location. Also I would like to add I am always a little skeptical to listen to peoples bad reviews because it could be just them but this hotel was legit horrible and wish I would've listened to reviews.

Room Tip: STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE but if you do stay get a room on the second floor. The stairs are a pain after a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We expected our room to be somewhat decent for the price that we paid. The room looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in years. There were stains everywhere--on the walls, bedding, bathroom, etc. The man who brought us the extra sheets and blanket showed up shirtless. I get that it's a beach town, but it seemed beyond unprofessional. The sheets that were brought up were not folded. He had them draped over his shirtless body like he went to an empty room and pulled the sheets right off of the bed. There were stains all over the new sheets/blankets we requested as well. When we left the room for the day, we left the "do not disturb" sign outside on the door knob so the staff wouldn't go in the room. They went to our room anyway. All in all, I would say that this place is run by people who have no idea how to run a hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Point Pleasant hotels

Farmingdale, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Me and my girlfriend stayed at this hotel to try and enjoy a nice weekend however we couldn't due to the terrible safety issues of the room. When I first got into the room I checked it out and it wasn't too bad it was really small and kind of smelled but I was like ok what did I expect anyway. After I thoroughly inspected the room I tried to figure out how to to lock the door because it wouldn't even close all the way. So I decide to ask the man at the counter to help me out with this room. He came right away to try to help me and brought a big pry bar he then actually tried to pry the door up so it didn't interfere with the carpet and it actually closed. This by the way could have been solved way before the room was booked. then when he finally makes it able to close, he leaves and then lock the door and i see what happens if i push the door really hard. It opens while its supposed to be locked. So don't keep any valuables in there just in case someone breaks in. The continental breakfast was bad too i had a hair in my milk the muffins aren't baked their packaged and if you cant get down before 9pm the bacon will be yellow. The people from the lobby don't speak very well english but that's not to bad. and oh yeah if your alone don't bother locking the bathroom door because you might not ever be able to get out.

Room Tip: Don't book at this hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Pemberton, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

I booked a reservation for one night's stay on 5/26/11 with this hotel through priceline.com. On the day of the reservation, an issue came up hindering me from being able to come. At 1:15pm on 5/26 I called Quality inn to ask if I would be able to cancel. The concierge tried but ultimately said she was unable to because the booking had been made through priceline. Reluctantly I decided that I would sort out the issue and go stay at the hotel because I'd have to pay for it anyway. However, at 6:30pm, I called the hotel back to ask another question regarding my reservation. The concierge, a different one this time, told me that my reservation had been canceled. I figured that the woman I spoke to earlier had been able to cancel it after all, so I did not come to the hotel that evening. I checked my bank account the following morning, and I had been charged full price for a no-show. I called the hotel to sort this out and was told that "the reservation could not be canceled because you may only cancel prior to 72 hours before the stay." I told the gentleman that I was not told that on the phone by their staff, I was told that my reservation had been canceled. He offered no resolution or sympathy, only continued to repeat that same sentence. I complained of their poor customer service and told them I would report them to corporate and the better business bureau. He replied "go ahead," and hung up on me.

These people are crooks. Not only was the entire situation completely unethical, but there was absolutely no attempt to resolve the matter. As long as they had their measly 80 bucks, they were done with me. Hope that's enough money to buy them souls.

Room Tip: Run as fast as you can. Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

My family and I stayed at Quality Inn for Sunday and Monday night the hotel was clean and very quiet, comfortable room...however it was a long walk to the beach 25 mim each way...after the walk to and back from the beach i was ready to leave this hotel. We had to cross major highways just to get to safe ground...we thought it would be cheaper to stay here but it cost just as much as staying near the boardwalk...we had to pay for parking 25 dollars...we could not find any free parking....and then passes to get on the beach each day we stayed there....so when we go to pt.pleasant beach again we will stay right near the beach....

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dalton, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Had to stay in PPB for a night and had few choices. This was a wrong one. If it were half the cost it would have been acceptable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

I was expecting a very nice hotel for the $290 spent for a night there, and it would be the equivalent of a Motel 6 anywhere else but the Jersey Shore. Plus it was a 10-15 minute drive from the beach, so I don't know how they can even say they are "at the beach". The only good thing about it was the free cable. Big deal.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!