“everything is here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City

You added Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7079 Black Horse Pike at US 40, Pleasantville, NJ 08232   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Pleasantville
clifton hts pa
“everything is here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

Just loved this place immediately walking thru the lobby!we were greeted by Luis, who is certainly an asset to the hotel.So friendly, informative and accomadating.when he wasnt at the desk, all others were helpful as well.The room was immaculate and bed linens were top quality.After the beach, you can bring your chair on the bay and watch a beautiful sunset along with the windsurfers.cant wait to go back, just loved it!

• Stayed July 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Bethlehem, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

Just got back from staying at the Baymont Inn for the first time. In the past, we have only stayed at the Harrah's properties in AC. This trip, we decided to stay just outside of town and saved around $150/night on a room. The Baymont is exactly what you would imagine a former Hampton Inn that has some definite signs of wear to be. We stayed in room 516 w/ a bay view. Nice room, don't let the lumpy comforter scare you.(at least it means that they've washed it) The linens were above average for a beach hotel and the beds were very comfortable. Facility has a friendly staff and free wifi which comes in very handy. If you are using your gps, you have to search for Hampton Inn or type in the address. From our room's vantage point, it was nice to wake up from our afternoon rest to see tons of wind surfers taking flight from the little beach behind the hotel. There is no swimming pool, but we opted to hit the beach at the trop instead.(around 3miles down the road) Overall, a great trip and will definately be saving cash by staying here in the future.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Bloomsburg, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

Nothing special, but nothing disappointing either. Came here for a weekend in Atlantic City and was a good deal (almost half the price as other casinos). The only issue is that if you plan on doing some drinking and want to get to Atlantic City...it's not worth it. I spent $80 on cab rides for 2 nights. Yes, there is a bus that takes you to the casinos, but if you do things your own way (and hate following bus schedules, like myself), then you're stuck with a cab. And that gets pricey.

Other than that, it was a decent hotel. Room was clean, lobby was clean, and the bay behind it was nice to look out at in the morning. Not a bad experience at all!

One note to mention...we had a problem with our bathroom door locking on us. The clerk, Beau, was all by himself that night (2 call-offs and a no-show) and took the time to look for the unlocking tool (a screwdriver) and coming up and taking care of it for us. He was great. Despite how busy he was, he took care of us. You don't get that at many other places!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Binghamton, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

I read some of the other reviews and have to say I was was quite surprised. We had a great stay at this hotel. We checked in on a Friday, early evening, and check-in took about 2 minutes total. I had requested in my reservation a water view, I was given one of the top floor rooms and the water view I requested. The room was clean, nice bathroom. Breakfast included bagels, cereal, muffins, eggs, sausage, danish, fruit, yogurt, bread, and three types of juice and of course coffee. The fronts desk personnel were all very friendly and seemed happy. My only complaint is the microwave in our room decided to have a mind of it's own and start beeping at about 2am. After unplugging it we had no issues. I would definitely recommend this hotel and absolutely would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

With little money to spend on a very expensive casino room this was the next best alternative for a room in Atlantic City for the weekend. It was easy to locate as you just follow black horse pike straight down to Atlantic City and you'll run into it on the right in West Atlantic City. But as we pulled up i was a little skeptical since they have yet to replace the Hampton inn sign with a paper sign that says Baymont inn. But Check-In was easy and they even offered some chocolate chip cookies that i enjoyed very much. The room was NOT the worst room ive ever seen although the bathroom was probably a 1/5, with crumby soap and face wash (Luckily i brought my own from home :0) Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the TV, but the random gadgets kind of confused me. Oh well, It wasn't bad. I didnt really have a problem with the hotel. Oh and if your interested in chinese ask the front desk for a menu from the great wall-It was amazing!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

This hotel must be closed down, there are no "Hilton" hotels in a 40 mile radius of Atlantic City anymore. The Atlantic City Hilton is not owned by "Hilton" they just rent the Hilton name and you get no points for staying there so why bother. I stayed here in September and it was terrible and we checked out and moved to the Marina. This blog should be removed thought the hotel is closed - phone no longer works and it's no on the Hilton website anymore. So they listened and closed down. Atlantic City isn't a safe area best to stick with the major casino resorts.

Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2008

On the key card packet it states:
"If you're not satisfied, we don't expect you to pay. That's our commitment and your guarantee."

I'm still waiting to be reimbursed, but I'm not holding my breath.

I agree w/TakeItEasy41, everything just made me feel gross. Basically the same problems in the bathroom, plus my tub had rust in it and the wallpaper was yellowed and peeling off. The room is way too small for a king size bed - no room to move around. It's obvious no one from management checks these rooms. Except for the person who checked me in, the staff is sullen and just stare at you when you come up to the desk. Made me feel very uneasy. They probably get that from the manager, who after I filed a complaint directly w/Hilton Corporate, sent me a very nasty email. Unfortunately I was there for 5 nights. I would have left, but I had a close relative in hospital and I just didn't have the energy to pack everything up.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City? Share your experiences!