“Very Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City

You added Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7079 Black Horse Pike at US 40, Pleasantville, NJ 08232   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Pleasantville
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My family and I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. Very clean, comfortable with very nice
staff. Being situated next to the beach was an added pleasure. As a photographer, the clean
architectural structure of the hotel building, the rooms and views of the ocean and sky were very visually stimulating.

Room Tip: We booked 3 rooms and were very happy and comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Barnegat
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here for a night before moving to the boardwalk for a comp night at
another hotel.
This hotel was a nice choice for about $65 a night pre paid.
The room was very "cozy" but certainly comfortable and adequate. Comfy beds as
always with Comfort and Quality Inns.
The room was only marginally clean, with a lot of dust on two of the three
surfaces I checked. (Headboard, top of mirror and top of tall dresser), The
bathroom was clean but had some rust on shower head and covers missing on rusty
toilet bowl floor bolts. Those issues are really my only complaints.
Front desk staff was awesome and upon checking in as a Choice Rewards member,
he upgraded us to a bay view which also had a great view of the beach, gazebo
and occasional windsurfer! He also was very gracious in helping me when the hot
water carafe was empty and I wanted to get a cup of tea. (24 hour comp
tea/coffee and hot chocolate)
The breakfast room was lovely and the offerings were good. The usual, waffles,
yogurt, Danish, muffins, bread, bagels, English muffins with egg and sausage
patties. Cereals, milk, apples, oranges, bananas and juices.
Good solid hotel amidst a bunch of shady ones in the area, I recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor overlooking the bay
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
kingston,on
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were 4 women sharing and had a 2 room suite. The suite had 2 bathrooms which was great for 4 women. There was a couch, table and 2 chairs, two wardrobe cabinets (one with a safe), fridge, microwave, a desk, tv console and the bedroom with 2 beds, flatscreen tv and the 2nd bathroom. Our room looked out over the bay. We stayed for 2 nights, Thursday and Friday. On the Friday night the hotel was really busy as there were 2 private functions going on. One of the functions was outside on the water. Looking out from our room on the 6th floor there seemed to be a lot of garbage all off to the side of the deck. It didn't bother us but if you were having a wedding or something down on the deck it didn't look very nice. Not sure why they would have left piles of garbage instead of cleaning the area up.
The breakfast in the morning was really great, lots of choices and 24 hour tea, coffee, hot chocolate.
The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, bathrooms were clean. The location was ideal, less than 10 minute easy drive to and from Atlantic City, just far enough away from the hustle bustle. We paid $302 for 2 nights in the suite.
There is a shuttle to and from Atlantic City approximately every two hours. We chose to drive and only paid $5 or less for parking at the boardwalk.

Room Tip: Ask for a bayview room
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We booked this hotel based on the price for a room combined with the four star trip advisor ranking. We wanted a reasonable room to make "home base" as we visited the beaches in Ventnor, AC and OC.

Four stars is certainly stretching it. The hotel is gloomy, damp and very much showing its age. The carpets are stained, moldy. The artwork on the walls have water damage. The carpets in the room leading up to the bathrooms were damp.

We originally booked a room with 2 full sized beds. Upon checking into the room we immediately found an empty, dirty coffee cup on the floor next to one of the beds. The front desk was hard to get in touch with. I went downstairs, waited 15 minutes and no one was there. I called from the room several times ( both front desk and housekeeping) and no one picked up. The floor was damp and the AC did not work well. The management worked with us to resolve the situation. We were comped for that night in that filthy room and given a suite for our subsequent 2 nights for a small addition up charge. It was worth it for the space and the cleaner accommodations.

We are thinking that the 4 star ranking comes from the low expectations that one should expect from this area. Pleasantville and the areas of the AC beaches with the exception of the casinos are run down and depressing. This hotel probably falls within the best of the worst. It's decent value for the money, but don't expect pristine conditions.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suite. Standard rooms are very dark and cramped.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Margie W, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
We are so sorry we did not meet your expectations doing your stay with the Comfort inns & Suites. We really worked hard to satisfy your complaints. We apologize for any inconvenience doing your stay. Have a great summer.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Didn't think this hotel would be anything special but I am actually really glad we stayed here. Stayed 3 days, picked this hotel last minute because they had better rates than the Eco-no Lodge in the same area. The room (#300) had two double beds, a mini-fridge, flat screen TV, wardrobe with hangars, and a decent size bathroom with hair dryer. Shared the room with two other people and we had enough room to be comfortable. This hotel is located on the bay so you get a good view of it from the rooms facing it. I loved waking up in the morning to the water, so pretty! This hotel is also really close to AC, just down the black horse, about 10 mins or so. They had free breakfast with a surprisingly good selection that filled me up every morning.
The only negatives I have are that it can be a little difficult getting a hold of the front desk on the phones because it seemed like there was only 1 person working at a time, also my friend left his ipod in the room when we checked out and when I called to see if anyone found it, they claimed no one had it. Cant say 100% they took it, but come on, where else would it have gone?

Room Tip: Stayed in room 300 right across from the fitness center. Had a lovely view of the bay
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I'm reviewing while I'm still staying here on 5 day visit. I had to come for a convention or I wouldn't normally come to A.C. since, I'm not much for crowded cities, nightlife, gambling or having to pay $20 to park in the city but, I would come back to A.C. just to take a nice weekend to relax at this motel. Not that it's filled with all kinds of frills as far fanciness but, it has just what I need to be able to enjoy a weekend away without going broke. I've stayed at 4 and 5 star hotels that don't even give you a coffee machine in the room so that you have to pay top dollar in their restaurants. But, here, they have a good size fridge, microwave, good sized bathroom, and the room itself is just as nice if not better than some of those 4 and 5 star hotels. I was hoping to get a bay side room but, it wasn't available which is totally fine since, the bay is directly behind the hotel, a few quick steps and you're there. I love that because, I don't like trudging through beach sand just to find a spot on the beach. This is more like having your own private beach. No need to worry about parking etc. Everything is so available and convenient, it begs you to just relax which is what my idea of a vacation is. So, I'll be back and I've already recommended it to my friends and family. Check in was fine, had to wait a little bit but, didn't mind since I got to meet the famous Lois, from all the reviews, I was curios to meet him.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We are so glad you decided to stay with us. It was our pleasure to serve you. We hope that you will come again real soon. Thanks for choosing the Comfort Inn & Suites, W. Atlantic City, NJ.
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The price is right (approx. $50/night), the location is good if you want to be away from the action in AC, and breakfast is included. The staff was wonderful, the room was clean, but needed some attention (windows were dirty). We asked for a smoking room with a bay view. Unfortunately all the smoking rooms are on the first floor, so you can't really leave the curtains open all the time. Our room had a view of the dumpster and the trash piled around outside of it (see photo). Also, you could definitely tell our room was a smoking room by the smell, not something that is usually so obvious at hotels. Next time I will definitely request a room on the second floor or higher. The beach on the bay is nice and secluded, but definitely bring bug spray. You can take lessons in windsurfing there and there are gazebos to sit outback and relax while watching a fantastic sunset. One note of warning: they put new floors in the bathroom in our room and it gets extremely slippery when wet. I did mention it when checking out, so maybe they will be addressing this safety issue. They are associated with Resorts Casino and a shuttle is provided after 3 PM to take you into town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
So glad you decided to stay with us. We appricate your responce and it was our pleasure to serve you.Have a wonderful summer and we hipe to see you again real soon.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City? Share your experiences!