We booked the room number 201 for 2 nights Friday and Saturday in August 2010 to take our 3month old son to the beach for the first time in his life. Checked in Friday and were impressed initially with the hotel. We were in the room only to sleep Friday night. Saturday we awoke early and spent the day at the beach with our son. Sat night after putting our son to bed, started seeing black dots jumping on the bed. Realized they were fleas. Started thoroughly looking around room... fleas everywhere. Looked and found them in clothing, 3month old child's cloth changing pad, blankets, even jumping on my leg hairs! We realized they were there Friday night also because we refused room service for Saturday. When we contacted the front desk (Dawn was working), we were told a few different stories:
1) Never heard that problem before.
2) They could spray the room down, we would just have to sit in the hallway for at least an hour at 2am in the morning, then return to the room filled with toxic chemicals with a 3month old child.
3)They said they had no more rooms but they heard the Quality Inn across the street had rooms if we wanted to try there.
Obviously none of these would work. We packed up most of our belongings, leaving some ultra flea infested items behind. Left the hotel close to 3am with nowhere to go. Had to drive home. Once home, we had to quarantine all items that were in the room with us. Try doing all these things with a 3month old child. Not very fun or easy. Doing wash for 3 hours on no sleep at 5 am at home. Now for the best part... We were told that the hotel manager, Rachel Ludwig ------------ or ------@-----------------.---, would contact us the Sunday in the morning to resolve the problem. She never called. I left a voicemail with her. No answer. By the way, my wife's leg had small bite marks on it that showed up on Sunday morning and lasted a few days. Monday afternoon tried calling again. She returned my call Monday evening and basically acted as if I was bothering her. I wanted a refund for my visit. She said that was not possible and handed the phone to her brother to talk to me. After trying to explain the situation, he said he could offer me a $50 credit on my AmEx card. That was a joke in my eyes. As I tried to expain how he offended me with the "offer" he told me to stop calling the hotel and hung up on me!!!. This is the customer service one should expect from this hotel. Oh and by the way, Rachel did tell me that they had the room cleaned Monday, which means they rented it out on Sunday with FULL KNOWLEDGE that the room had fleas because their deal with the exterminator only worked for weekdays, not weekends. Sorry to the person who rented this room on Sunday night August 8th... hotel screwed you.
Rachel Ludwig, nor the hotel management, obviously does not care for the well being of her hotel guests, especially young children or infants. Feel free to contact me about this awful hotel experience. You can also call Rachel Ludwig ------------ or ------------ or ------@-----------------.--- to confirm everything that happened. Best Western Corporate office was not helpful either. They said there was nothing they could do since the hotel offered a minimal partial refund
Please do not stay at this hotel. I would not want anyone to have the awful customer experience or get fleas like we did.
I have filed a formal complaing with Best Western corporate offices.
Please do not stay at this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay Hotel Pleasantville
- Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay Hotel
- Best Western Plus Atlantic City West Extended Stay And Suites
- Best Western Pleasantville
- Pleasantville Best Western
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Best Western, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.