“Convenient with great accomodations” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   701 Black Horse Pike, Pleasantville, NJ 08232-2301   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Pleasantville
Royersford, Pennsylvania
“Convenient with great accomodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife, brother-in-law and I went to Atlantic City for 2 days to a concert but didn't want to pay $300 to $400 per night for accomodations. We were able to book at the Best Western Plus in Pleasantville for approximately $150 per night and were pleasantly surprised. Our unit came with a full kitchen which was convenient in saving and reheating left overs and storing snack items and drinks. Our stay included a full continental breakfast (hot and cold) and there was fresh fruit at the check in area daily. The unit is well maintained and clean. The facility is located approximately 15 minutes from Atlantic City and is also convenient for the Wildwood and Cape May area.

Room Tip: The units with a full kitchen are a great buy...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Glen Cove, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We checked in to this Best Western on Monday evening August 12th. I had booked the room for 2 adults and 2 children. The room had one queen bed and one queen sofa bed. We arrived after 8pm and were going to eat dinner. I stopped at the front desk to ask about bed linens for the sofa bed. I was told that I could take them to make up the bed. I told Olympia at the front desk that we were going out to eat, but that I would stop on the way back in for them. Around 10pm we returned to the hotel and I asked for the linens. She disappeared for a few minutes and returned with a small pile of linens. I asked for pillows, as they were obviously not in the pile, and she responded, and I quote, "we don't have any." And I said to her, no really, there are no pillows in the room for the sofa bed, and the kids are sleeping there tonite, so I need pillows. And she said, I don't know what to tell you, we ran out. END OF STORY. NO SOLUTIONS... I said to her, well how am I supposed to let my kids go to sleep tonite without pillows? Can you sleep without a pillow??? Sorry, I can't help you. We have none left. I then told her that when I booked the room I had made the reservation for 4 people, and would obviously need pillows then for 4 people. She said, sorry, I can't help you. I asked if she could give me 2 extra blankets that I could try to roll up as pillows so they could put their heads down on them...her response, I can give you one, that's all we have.
The next morning, after breakfast, I went to speak with the manager, Scott.
I would've had a much better conversation with one of my kids. I may as well have been talking to a teenager.
I explained the situation to him, and his response was "Well, the hotel was almost sold out, so we ran out. Sorry.;" (With a roll of his eyes and a twitch of his hands as he said 'sorry'.) I again went thru the fact that when I booked the hotel on line I was asked how many people would be in the room, and even the ages of the children. SO, HOW COULD THEY BOOK A ROOM AND NOT HAVE ENOUGH PILLOWS TO ACCOMODATE THE GUESTS THAT ARE BOOKED FOR THE NIGHT????? So he said, well, we have 40 extra pillows, I guess maybe we should order more. Now I'm not sure if each of the rooms has a sofa bed, but if they do, then they should CERTAINLY have more than 40 extra pillows, no??
In any case, the manager was very RUDE and aloof, not wanting to deal with any of the problems. The overnight manager was made of the same stuff. I guess the saying goes...birds of a feather.
I also want to mention that breakfast was included in the price. There were waffles and scrambled eggs and juice and coffee. It was actually not bad. Unless of course you wanted a plate for the Belgian waffle.
Breakfast was served until 9am. But they ran out of plates for the waffles by 8:15.
Also, everything was completely put away by 9am. So don't plan on going down to eat at 9.
Lastly, as the guy was cleaning up, he proceeded to literally THROW the crumbs that were on the counter, all over the floor, and all over the backs of the guests who were closest to the counter he was cleaning. He then proceeded to spray something like windex or fantastic all over the counters...2 feet away from where all the guests were sitting down to eat.
Of course I did mention this as well to the manager Scott, and got the same response..."sorry" with a roll of the eyes and a jerk of his hand.
TERRIBLE SERVICE, NO REGARDS FOR GUESTS NEEDS. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE. *****VERY DISAPPOINTING AFTER A WONDERFUL STAY AT BW IN JULY! *****

waterbury, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very clean hotel, very accommodating staff. Had a pleasurable time. Highly recommend! Close enough to Atlantic City without paying an arm and a leg. Shuttle available daily to Atlantic City. Teenage kids had plenty to do, shopping, rides, shows, beach, boardwalk. Plenty to do without breaking the bank. Tanger outlets for shopping. Any store you can think of. Room had full kitchen to help defer cost of eating out every night.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Quebec, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The floor plan of the room is big with a complete kitchen, that we used. There is a inside pool which the kids enjoy at the end of the day. It`s close to the Outlets of Atlantic city (about 10 min). We go to the beach at Wildwood North 7th ave and that is a 40min drive with a toll. We all like this beach that is free with free parking and bathrooms. Also the kids sleep 40min when we come back from the beach and they are ready to go out for supper and do a little boardwalk at night.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Wayne, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I typically go to Wildwood Crest. We decided to be a bit away from the crowds and kids. We were pleasantly surprised with the room features(full kitchen) and up to date accommodations. Rather then go to Wildwood we asked manager for a close beach. The manager Scott recommended Margate. What a super beach. Clean, quiet..
On the day we arrived the day manager was Miguel, also very helpful. His restaurant recommendation was perfect.
The daily rates are reasonable.. note Saturday is only day with hi rate. There's free breakfast with eggs, make your own waffles(premeasured), cereal, coffee, oj, apple juice...
We're definitely coming back. The staff in general was helpful and very pleasant. Place is clean.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel with our daughter July 2013. It was close to Atlantic City and Ocean City. The hotel was great! We saved a lot of money by preparing our own food in the room. Our daughter loved the pool & the continental breakfast was great! If we plan another trip to NJ we will definitely stay again. This hotel is close to shopping, the laundromat and it looked like there were quite a few restaurants nearby. Rooms were clean, staff was friendly and we had a great time!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Coventry, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I were invited to a surprise 80th birthday party of a dear friend who lives in Medford, NJ., given for him by his daughter at her beach house in Stone Harbor, NJ. We always stay at Best Westerns on our annual winter trek to Florida, and love them. The BW in Pleasantville was the closest to Stone Harbor, so I booked it. I requested 1st floor as my husband is 86 with heart condition. The room was close to the front desk and there were available parking spaces (we didn't arrive til about 8 PM. We were astounded when we walked in to basically an efficiency apartment -- a huge room with two Queen beds, a sofa-bed, kitchen with large refrigerator/freezer, built-in microwave, regular oven/stove, sink, marble countertop, cabinets with dishes and silverware, bathroom with marble countertop and sink, tub/shower. Absolutely everything you could use if you were having an extended stay and wanted to cook your own meals ... even a small dining room table and chairs. Also a huge flat screen TV. The charge was $89.10, plus fees, which is what we usually pay at Best Westerns for a room. When we checked out I complimented the manager and asked him if there were more of these "extended stay" hotels on the East Coast. He said there were only 3 in the U.S., one in CA, one in TX and the one in NJ, but they were planning to build more. Sure hope so!
Terry G.

Room Tip: Ascertain when breakfast is served on weekdays versus weekends. Be early. The ended breakfast at 9...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Atlantic City West Extended Stay & Suites? Share your experiences!