“Nice Business Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Plainsboro
“Nice Business Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Recently renovated, clean rooms. I have a few issues that make me prefer other hotels in area - the staff are not always accommodating to requests. And the heat system is very noisy. It seems to get louder as the night goes on and it wakes me up. It can be frustrating.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Carlos V, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Princeton - Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Cruel-Sebastian,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are sorry that certain aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. We take all of our guests' feedback very seriously and try to address every concern brought to our attention, to further enhance our guests' experience. With this being said, I would like to ask that you reach out to me directly to provide me with specific details regarding your stay so that we can immediately address these issues. You can contact me at Carlos.Valerio@Crowneplazaprinceton.com.

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza and I hope that we have another opportunity to provide you with a more enjoyable experience when you visit the Princeton area again.

Carlos Valerio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel has been greatly improved in terms of room quality and overall hotel decor. The rooms are nicely decorated, clean, spacious and wifi is excellent. The lounge is huge with good casual fare, entertainment such as shuffleboard and pool table. The dining room is OK for one night or so, but lacking inspiration.
There is nothing within walking distance of the hotel. While the shuttle promises free delivery to other dinner venues it is not easy to arrange and they are pretty sticky about not going too far afield. This is a shame as taxi service in the area is also not so available.
Great hotel if your offices are in the immediate area.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Carlos V, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Princeton - Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear George G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback. We have undergone a major renovation and are glad to see that you are pleased with the improvements. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza and we hope to see you the next time you visit the Princeton area.

Levittown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had stayed at this location previously and it was nice to see that it was nicely updated. We had a blast at this hotel. Plenty of things for the kids to do. They have a HUGE pool along with a nice fitness room with all the equipment you can think of. Our room was so nice, the beds very comfortable, towels fluffy. Bathroom and room were very clean. The staff was really, really nice and always helpful. We let the boys have run of the hotel and didn't have to worry about them being bored. We also found out that the hotel had a half basketball court inside as well as two racketball rooms! Place was awesome. We spent time at the bar and the bartenders were a blast. It was nice they weren't swamped on the weekends and could hang with the customers. Will definitely have to stay here again. Loved it.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Carlos V, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Princeton - Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Degrawm,

Thank you for your review of our property. We are pleased to see that you were able to enjoy the hotel and all that it offers. I will make certain to make the staff aware of how pleased you were with the service they provided.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Princeton area.

Adrian, Michigan
1,325 reviews 1,325 reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

This is a pretty nice facility in a great location. The staff is quite friendly, the accommodations are more than adequate and the grounds are absolutely lovely.

As full disclosure, I am an IHG Platinum member so I have a pre-disposition toward hotels in this family. I am also a Hilton Diamond member and I get a little better benefits, such as free breakfast with each stay, from the latter. But IHG offers an excellent frequent-stay program in general and I tend to split my stays between these two hotel groups.

This particular facility was a pleasant surprise to me. I had business in Monmouth Jct. and decided on this place because my spouse happened to accompany me on this trip. It sounded like a nice facility and I was not wrong. But I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was.

We had just had dinner with my son in Clifton and returned back to this area to stay the evening. Hence, we had to find it at night which was not too bad but yet a little tricky as it was in an area that was not as tightly developed. It was fortunate we could go slowly along Scudder's Mill and we found the hotel entrance on our first pass. The hotel building itself was not visible from the road as it was located on a treed track of land. We dodged the deer upon turning in and wound our way a few hundred feet back to the main entrance. Parking was a little inconvenient in this instance due to construction in the lot but, even so, was not too bad. It looked like there would normally be plenty of easily-accessible parking.

The location was not so convenient in the sense of having things nearby. There were very few restaurants or retail establishments close by without having to go back on the very unforgiving US 1 corridor. So if you want to bring snacks or supplies, be sure to make a stop before finding the hotel because there is not such a thing as quickly running back out, particularly late at night.

Having said that, however, we found the grounds to be very lovely with the facility itself in quiet wooded environs. In fact, I went back out to the car later and found three white-tailed deer bounding out of the parking lot. We were checked in by a very personable young lady who explained the hotel amenities and our room location very pleasantly and efficiently.

Our room was on the fifth floor and sported a nice view (which was apparent the next morning). It was adequately spacious and quite clean with crisp, modern décor. The bed was quite comfortable allowing us a good night's sleep and the environs were very quiet making it conducive for relaxation. The amenities worked well including the WiFi which functioned without a hitch (we both used it at various times over the course of the 16 hours we were there).

We opted for the bed and breakfast rate which worked well for us. The restaurant on the ground level offered a nice view and the gentlemen working the floor was very personable and efficient. We went in at 9 AM and it was not busy. The buffet was fairly basic with eggs, meat, potatoes, breads, pastries, cereals, etc. This is standard for most American hotels at this level. It was fairly good and the restaurant offered a nice view of the serene grounds to make the dining experience pleasant to start the day.

My checkout experience was quite efficient. I had asked for late checkout which was accommodated without an issue. We checked out at about 1 PM and were able to get on our way quickly. The bed-and-breakfast room rate was $169 which, from my perspective, was quite reasonable for the quality of the product they offered, particularly for NJ.

Overall, if you have business in the Route 1 corridor near Princeton, this is a great option. The rooms are very nice, the staff is friendly and the grounds are quite relaxing. The prices are also not bad, particularly if you are on business. I would definitely stay here again given the opportunity.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Carlos V, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Princeton - Conference Center, responded to this review, November 21, 2014
Dear Debbie K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review . We value feedback from all of our guests. I would like to thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards Platinum member and as a proud member of the IHG family, we are glad that we met your expectations. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

Thank you again for your feedback and thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Princeton for your accommodation needs while in the Princeton area.

hotels234
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

This hotel was the nicest I've stayed in within the IHG family. The rooms were clean, well decorated and they are brand new. The lobby is nice, and staff friendly. Would definitely stay again. Didn't get to hit the bar, but it looked really cool.

Dear Hotels234,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review. We value feedback from all of our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very proud to be a part of the IHG family and that we have met your expectations.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

To be honest there is little to complain about . The staff were friendly , the rooms a good size with comfortable beds and very good showers . A good gym and a large pool with a huge bar area with pool tables ....but somehow the atmosphere was flat and the executive lounge and restaurant were very disappointing . The Executive lounge had run out of beer and wine , the retaurant food was very uninspiring for dinner and the same could be said for breakfast - the scrambled eggs were VERY solid and there was very little choice

So really , the substandard things are easy to rectify ....

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Carlos V, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Princeton - Conference Center, responded to this review, November 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, and we appreciate your business. We are currently making changes to our menus and feel confident that the restaurant will be providing more variety to please all palates. We provide hot hors d'oeuvres and cocktails in the evening Monday through Thursday in our Executive Lounge. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and I will follow through with our concierge to prevent this occurrence in the future. I do hope that you will give a second chance and I assure that our team is working diligently to exceed our guests' expectations. As always, you may contact me at carlos.valerio@crowneplazaprinceton.com with any questions or concerns.

Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

This hotel is a make-over of a tired and shabby Wyndham, which was a make-over of one or two previous shabby places. Spouse and I spend many nights per month in hotels, and this was very bad, even though there is a precious "e" in the name Crowne Plaza. Here's what's wrong as of this writing. All 3 computers in the Business Center are broken. Yesterday's maid service started at 4:30PM, even though we left the room at 9:00AM and needed a nap (which couldn’t happen) before dressing for dinner. Elevators are old, dirty, slow and sometimes broken. Maid service forgot to replace cups, glasses and all but one towel. Our bathroom was disgustingly dirty when we checked in. The housekeeping maid spoke not a single word of English (which makes it hard to ask how long it will be before we can re-enter our room). The only good thing is the very nice bedding.
Bottom line: This gives new meaning to, "You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig." There are many hotels in the Princeton market, so go elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am sorry about your experience during your recent stay. The new ownership has done a great job in upgrading the hotel to a great product over the last 18 months. In regards to your concerns, we are in the process of upgrading our business center, and the new computers were not yet functioning during the time of your stay. This new amenity will enable our guests to print wireless right from their wireless devices. Our apologies for servicing your room late in the day, it's possible that your room was the last one serviced on your floor since the room attendants typically finish their rooms by 5pm. We do, however, try to prioritize those who request service earlier.
I would have to disagree with your lipstick comment since we are very proud of the new product and service, but would love to discuss your experience in greater detail at your earliest convenience. You may contact me at carlos.valerio@crowneplazaprinceton.com.

Carlos Valerio

Been to Crowne Plaza Princeton - Conference Center? Share your experiences!