“Pleasantly Redone” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pittstown Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Pittstown
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
New Jersey
“Pleasantly Redone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

It's been a few years since I've been to the Pittstown Inn since it wasn't the most friendly place and the food was inconsistent. But the new owner has transformed the Inn into a most enjoyable restaurant with nice food and drink to match. From the friendly greeting and fresh white tablecloths, to some nice improvements in the ambiance, the Pittstown Inn delivers! Fast service, attention to detail, nice flavors (excellent Angus burger), and it's busy which is good. A touch of New York style, but out here in the country. It's on my list for regular visits. Hats off to Gary, the chefs and the whole staff. Job well done!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Frenchtown, New Jersey
“Great Flavor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

My wife and I had dinner there Saturday night and the food was great. Appetizers were delicious, the curry shrimp special was beautiful and the tuna ware fresh and cooked rare. My wife and I moved to the area 6 months ago and have had great meals all 4 times we have been here. The food is well seasoned and there is no need for the salt and pepper on the table. It's nice to see the cooks really care about the food.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Best place in the neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Visited Saturday for a very memorable dinner. Lovely restaurant, very friendly, polite and professional staff and wonderful food. I had Salmon & Calamari appetizer and Dad had the french martini, king steak & mushrrom risoto, we followed this with a New York cheesecake and creme bruelle, accompanied by a glass of wine each. They also do what all restaurants should do, but unfortunately most don't, and that is to welcome the patrons and suggest the food according to the taste prefrences.My food was still piping hot three quarters of the way through. Quaint location, excellent restaurant!

New York City, New York
“Warm ambiance, delicious food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

The first night we stayed with our friends in clinton nj we asked them if there was somewhere local that good, she recommended Pittstown Inn. I am glad she did as it was a really good meal the first time we went there.

One of the plus points was the portion sizes which is a good value for money. The dishes were well balanced with flavours and spice, great breads and good service.

We liked it so much we decided to dine there on our last night before flying off in the morning. I ordered the Roasted Duck Special which looked lovely when it arrived. I took a bit of meat off and it just melted iin my mouth. Filet Mignon & flatbreads are to die for, never thought that we can get this quality food in a small town called Pittstown. Well, i asked the waiter and they said that management chnaged recently and is now owned by Gary, a young restauranteur who is behind 2 indian restaurants ( michelin star rated) in New York City. That explains it all!!

Our table was sat next to the fireplace and there was live music which made our dinner so romantic and enjoyable. Such a gem with the feel of the country.

Dessert was amazing, creme bruelee was my favourite and i love the texture and presentation! Its hands down the best experience of this stay with our frineds and we ARE coming back to enjoy the country side and visit Pittstown Inn!

Clinton, New Jersey
“Skip it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Food:
1 hit
1 miss

Service:
Tries to upsell wine. Rushed us through our courses and then, only two groups there at the end and he forgot about us! I don't understand. Other reviews do not match our experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere