“Superior, best in our area.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Swedesboro, New Jersey
“Superior, best in our area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

From the excellent garlic soup to the chocolate mousse cake, fantastic. The Chet's take on sauces excel. I had a simple salmon with a sun-dried tomato sauce that was so delicious. The homemade, herbed bread was great for sobbing up the exquisite sauce. Salmon was cooked perfectly with crunchy skin and served over great garlic mashed. Everything was served at the perfect temperature, sauce,potatoes,fish. Side veggies were delicious as well, not just an afterthought. A nice Spanish take on many familiar and unique dishes.

pitman
“great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

this is a hidden gem in the hear of PITMAN.....i cant say enough of Barcelona and i do agree with South Jersey Magazine its top 25 in south jersey.I go to this restaurant often and have never had a bad meal the filet mignon spring roll,the baked brie,enpanadas etc...are all great for my meal i have had the paela,lamb shank,salmon and the veal marsala made reservation for VALENTINES day and i can not wait to see what BARCELONA will have on the menu.....

South Jersey
“Great food, service, and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I ate here tonight and it was great. We both chose dishes off of the menu; my husband got pork chops, which were done to perfection and I had chicken with garlic sauce, which was delicious. They are a BYOB, so we brought a bottle of wine. One slight disappointment is that we weren't given a choice for our side dishes. The menu said that our meals came with a starch and vegetable and they were just what they were serving today, which was rice and a vegetable medley. The side dishes were delicious, so that eased the disappointment, but I still would have liked having choices. We didn't get appetizers or dessert, but they had a large and varied selection of both, as well as several soups. Parking is on the street, but it's free and plentiful.

If the weather is nice, consider leaving extra time before or after so you can walk around Pitman. It's a nice town with lots of small shops and parks. Plan time after your meal, and you can walk off the calories. You can see the menu on their website at http://www.barcelonabistro.net/home.html.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vineland, New Jersey
“Low expectations but tapas were excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

After reading some very negative reviews, I was a bit skeptical about dining there, but my husband had bought a groupon, so we went to dinner combining it with a theater trip to the Broadway in Pitman, I had never even been to Pitman before. The atmosphere wasn't anything to really comment on -- one large room with paintings/photographs on the wall which were not thematic to the restaurant, but so what. The one thing that surprised me was the jarring sound of the restaurant's telephone ringing throughout the dining room. Anyway, all the help were very friendly, and after some initial confusion over whether our groupon was good for only dinner or the tapas, which would not have mattered anyway, we had our choice of tapas. . . We are seafood lovers, so we ordered "hot" mussels, clams with pork, calamari in garlic and salt sauce (I'm not sure of the actual names of the dishes). My husband wanted to try the gazpacho soup, which was excellent but I thought that the toast/crouton was too oily and maybe a bit rancid. We also got the bruschetta with blue cheese, which, although was not how I had pictured it, was very tasty. But again, for my taste, it was way too much oil in the salsa. The calamari was a bit chewy but good. In fact, all the sauces of the different seafood we tried, were excellent and we had to get more bread, which was YUMMY. The mussels in the hot sauce made me tear up, and the clam and pork combination was surprisingly good. We also got an order of muchrooms. Although I loved how crispy they were, they were definitely oversalted. Being conscious of sodium intake, my husband, especially, couldn't eat them. We told the waitress about that and she said she would tell the chef. At first I was planning to take the mushrooms home, to reuse them on a pizza but changed my mind and ate them, since we were going on to a show afterwards. We also got desert -- the manhattan, I think she called it, It was a tartuffe -- chocolate ball with chopped maraschino cherry in the center, surrounded by vanilla and chocolate ice cream, encased in a chocolate shell. This was attractively sliced and served so we could share it. Each tapas was in a $9 range, the soup less, and the desert, too. The portions were enough for us to share, but if we had ordered only 2 each, we'd have left hungry. But we were happy, and would go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
pitman
“tapas tapas tapas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

i had the tapas the menu last nite and it was fantastic will be as to have the 7 fishes menu xmas eve.

• Visited December 2012