“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Piscataway
Budapest, Hungary
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

I stayed there with my girlfriend for 8 nights. For that price it was the perfect choice! Great location, very quiet, shops and restaurants around. The building and the room was clean, the staff was helpful and friendly. I think it is the best choice if you need only a bed and during the day you are sightseeing...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Panamá
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

The best of this hotel is its location. There are several restaurants around and you if you want you can walk to a Walmart (not recomended in winter season).

We requested for a non smoking room, but our room had an ash try and sometimes we could feel smoke odor that came from the bathroom. In our first day I found hairs in the shower and toilet, so I can not say our room was clean at all.

If you are thinking in stay in this hotel, do not expect to find bathroom amenities, clock or even a good selection of TV channels.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Hamburg, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

I liked this Motel 6. We had a twin bed room with two queen sized beds. The were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was good as well. It was equipped with a bathtub.

Motel 6 Motels don't offer breakfast, but that was not bothering us, because we liked to go out in the morning to find every day something new to eat :-) We had a non-smoke room. The hallway smelled like someone had just smoked a cigarette there.

My friend thought, that the motel was quite noisy but I think it's the same with every motel which is located close to a Interstate or Hwy. Anyway, if you wear earplugs you gonna be fine.

We stayed in this Motel twice. Once at the beginning of our journey and then at the end of our road trip. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Toronto Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

This is an average motel 6.. decently clean, cheap, and no frills.
one thing I don't understand, is why they put ashtrays in non-smoking rooms, with no smoking stickers in them...
check in was quick and easy, although the clerk was cold and impersonal.
lots and lots of shopping in the area

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

Great location, clean, quiet, really friendly staff. Some Motel 6's can be dicey and unsafe-feeling but not this one. Bring your own hair dryer, shampoo, etc. They provide soap and towels but that's it. The price is REALLY good per night! Pets are allowed and WIFI is $2.95 per 24 hour period. Definitely the best Motel 6... no frills but that's the point! Inexpensive, clean and safe!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

This hotel was super clean, which surprised me because I paid so little for it. I was expecting a dump. But it was great. Very bare bones though, no clock or extras like that in the room. The location is great cuz there are a ton of restaurants and shopping all in walking distance. I totally recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Lakeland, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I, my husband and 1 year old stayed 1 Saturday night at this Motel 6. It is in a shopping area with A LOT of stores in the area… that is the ONLY good thing about this motel! We stayed in room 204 it was marked as non smoking but there was an ashtray in the bathroom and on the night stand in the sleeping area, the smoke detector had NO batteries in it and to make the room even nicer the security lock was BROKE off…. someone had to force the door open for this to happen! I took pictures of the lock and am planning to write to the corporate office, I have never felt so uncomfortable in any hotel/motel! All night I was awake with people fighting in the hallway and slamming doors, this went on until a little after 3am.
The room was not vacuumed prior to us arriving; there was clear candy wrappers littered near the window where the curtain was also hanging down… I am really disappointed with the condition of the room.
I forgot to mention the people who LIVE in this motel…. Seedy seedy people. One woman had the screen cut out of the window and was hanging out with a can of beer yelling at the parking lot. A few doors down there were men fighting and throwing luggage at each other. Just bad!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Piscataway? Share your experiences!