“Great Service and ok location” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Weekend rates from $109
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Piscataway
Västerås
“Great Service and ok location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Good staff & service, complimentary drink/snack in the evening (happy hour) and great breakfast! (don't eat dinner here). Rooms are big and clean, very nice entertainment system if you are bored.

Location is OK if you don't require to walk outside in a town (then select hotel in New Brunswick instead).

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms facing the road if you are allergic to noise. Select room as far down as possible...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Paul M, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Piscataway - Somerset, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Staff and service are very important to all travelers so we are happy to see that you rated us a 5 out of 5 on service. You also mentioned that the breakfast was great. Our complimentary daily cooked-to-order breakfast is enjoyed by all of our guests. It's our way of making sure everyone starts their day in a good way.
As for our location, we are not located in downtown New Brunswick, however, we are just 3-5 miles away from many restaurants, shopping and a theatre district.
Thanks again and I hope others find this information helpful when they are looking for a great place to stay.

238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Elizabeth, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I love this hotel for a family getaway with the kids. The indoor pool is the main reason for choosing this hotel and the breakfast and managers reception. It is perfect for adults and children at the same time. I take my kids to this hotel on a regular basis as a reward or just to get away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for making the Embassy Suites Piscataway your home away from home. In your response, you mention that the hotel is perfect for adults and children. We appreciate your kind words and we hope other families find this review helpful.
Thanks and we hope to see you and your family soon.
Cambridge, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great location, very close to where I was doing business. Hotel lobby is attractive and comfortable. Full complimentary breakfast was a nice surprise since most hotels offer a condensed breakfast and with an additional charge. Double-bed suites have small beds, but other than that, nice, clean, quiet hotel.

Room Tip: Double-bed rooms have small beds, double size at best.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. Our team is glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel is located close to many local businesses in Piscataway and Somerset so we hope this review will be helpful to other business travelers.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were impressed with the room size and layout. I think this is supposed to be standard for Embassy Suites. There is a sitting area with couches, a small dining table, a flatscreen tv and a kitchenette (microwave, refridgerator, coffeemaker and sink). The bedroom was separated by a door and had its own tv and sink. We found a bit funny that if you include the bathroom that's three sinks in total! We liked the fact that you could close off the bedroom and relax on the couch and watch tv. The couch also converted into a sleeper. The room could have easily housed four adults. The room and bathroom was clean and the hotel floors were spotless (I think they must have mopped them continuously). That being said, the building itself, room furniture and appliances were somewhat dated and old, but functional. The ac made some noise, but it did not bother us. The complimentary breakfast was really good and the staff at breakfast were great; the omelet was made to order and the chef made every effort to get it just right (this really stood out for us compared to other hotels). Considering the cheap room rate, if we ever go back to the Rutgers area we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Paul M, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Piscataway - Somerset, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for the detailed response. I hope other find it helpful when making their travel decisions.

The Embassy Suites really is as great as you say in your response. I personally use Embassy Suites when I travel for the same reasons you do.....space and a great complimentary breakfast.

Rutgers University is only 2-3 miles away and we are the closest hotel to their Piscataway Campus. We hope to see you and other Rutgers travelers in the near future.

As for the noise made by the AC, our engineering staff is working hard to make sure all units are upgraded and as quiet as possible so our guests can enjoy a good night’s sleep.
Niteroi, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recommend it due to the great hospitality from the crew, its location and a great breakfast. It is close to I295 and makes it readly available to go anywhere. If you want to go to a shopping mall you can go to I295, exit 14 and go to bridgewater mall

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We enjoy reading such great reviews of our property. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your wonderful experience with the great travelers that use this site.
Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Older property but well kept. Convenient to highways and local businesses. Room was quiet and clean. Staff was helpful and pleasant. Full service breakfast was a bonus as was the afternoon reception. Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your great review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. In regards to the hotel being a bit older, you and others will be happy to know that we are planning some amazing upgrades real soon!

Thanks again and I hope this review is helpful to all
toms river
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had found this place through AAA, and was glad I chose to stay here. I wish I remembered the name of the woman who checked me in, she was so helpful. My cousin gave me some frozen venison, and when I realized the mini-fridge in the room didn't have a freezer, I went down to the front desk to see if she could help.She tried a few things, but couldn't find a freezer for me to use. How many places would go out of their way like that? The indoor pool area was spotless, although there could have been more chairs. The water was so clean without the overpowering smell of chlorine, but could have been a bit warmer. I loved the 2 seperate rooms, it felt so luxurious! Usually I stay at a Holiday Inn, but the Embassy Suites was less expensive, and got a bit more for my money. The room was clean, I had a smoking room, and absolutely no smell of smoke. And the 2 flat screen tv's were great!!! The only problem I came across was the cleanliness of the bathroom. There was several hairs in the shower.Ugh!!!!! The breakfast in the morning was great- hot and cold cereal, apple orange cranberry and pineapple juice, tea and coffee,fruit, yougurt, eggs any way you waned them cooked with either sausage or bacon. I definatly had my fill..... I'd definatly return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thanks for taking the time out of your day to write a review.

Our team members are glad to hear that we "went out of our way" to exceed your expectations. We are also happy to see that you enjoyed the pool.

We take a lot of pride in having the cleanest hotel in the area. Our housekeeping staff recently scored a 99% on our cleanliness survey. We will research you concern about the bathroom and make sure that it does not happen again to anyone that stays with us.

Thanks again and I hope others find this review to be helpful

Been to Embassy Suites Piscataway - Somerset? Share your experiences!