“Good value for a short business trip” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Piscataway
Budapest, Hungary
“Good value for a short business trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The hotel has a very good location if you are visiting a company nearby. Everyone is nice and helpful and the rooms are quite good. Sleeping number king size beds are really good.

Outsdanding:
- Room cleaning service is excellent.
- Coffee machine with three different types of coffee. I could take a coffee with me when I headed to work.
- Pop-corn and microwave oven in the room. (Although they stopped giving me pop-corn after I ate the second portion.)

A few things on the negative side (areas of improvement):
- There is a very bad smell in the elevators. (The elevators are slow and old, which would not matter if they did not have this bed smell too.)
- On the first morning the restaurant was reserved for a group and we had to ask several members of the staff where and how we should have our breakfast. Eventually, we were directed to sit down in the lounge and asked what we would like to eat. That breakfast did not have the value of the buffet breakfast.
- The water in the pool did not look nor smell clean, and the hot tub was dirty too.
- They have like 5 or 6 staff members in the restaurant during breakfast, but they were just chatting in Spanish in the kitchen most of the time. The tables were hardly ever cleaned, sometimes we could not find a clean table with silverware, even though no other guest was in the restaurant and it was only half past 7 in the morning. Compare European hotels, where two people can manage a bigger restaurant full of people... I did not mind fetching my own coffee (other times we were brought coffee by one of the nice ladies), but then the spoons should not be hidden from the guests.
- A selection of cold cuts is really missing from the buffet, but that may be an American thing, I would not know.

All in all, it was a good stay for a reasonable price and I would stay here again, but a member of the Radisson chain should pay a lot more attention to (not so small) details like the ones mentioned above.

Room Tip: I have seen two spacious rooms on the 5th floor, they had king size sleeping number beds, nice and c...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sunny C, General Manager at Radisson Piscataway, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you so much for submitting your comments. We work hard to ensure that guests have an enjoyable stay. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you may had with a smell in the elevator or grabbing your own coffee. I can assure you that these are not the standard conditions in which we work. The hotel is cleaned and freshened daily and our morning staff have been here for over five years! I will personally make sure your next stay is even better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Radisson Piscataway for one night when bad weather caused us to miss a connection flight in Newark. This was the only hotel we found that had availability and an airport shuttle. It's about a 30-minute ride from Newark airport.

The hotel was nothing special, but I have no specific complaints. The front desk staff was highly efficient at checking in a shuttle full of guests. Wifi was available in the room. The breakfast in the restaurant was good, with eggs made to order. The morning return shuttle to the airport left on time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sunny C, General Manager at Radisson Piscataway, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest, We appreciate your feedback and are glad that we could accommodate you and your wife's overnight needs. We understand that layovers and unexpected weather conditions can cause some stress and we want to provide you with the most comfortable stay possible. Whenever any guests stays with us, we treat them like family, are attentive to their needs and make sure that we provide high quality service. Thank you again for choosing us and we are looking foward to your next stay.
NC. USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed there for a family function for a discount rate so for us it was a good deal. Our breakfast was included in the price. It is located in a business neighborhood near the highway but it was quiet and peaceful. Rooms, bathrooms, furniture and linens were clean and overall hotel appearance was good. A variety of things to choose from for breakfast and their custom made omelets were good but I preferred the scrambled eggs. Kids loved to be in the swimming pool which is covered and there is also a hot pool. A strip mall and walmart is just 10 mins drive. I think this hotel is popular for group tourists and private functions so it was busy at times with lots of tourists and guests but that did not bother us or create any noise. Our stay was safe and wonderful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comments. We are glad that you had a comfortable stay here with us. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction and know that customers like you enable us to do so! We have so much to offer here at the Radisson, from restaurants and food options to kids leisure and fitness needs, we understand you! Please come back and see us soon!
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed two nights. Average property. Located in an corporate park type area. Embassy Suites right next door. Need transportation if want to get to any restaurant other than what the hotel provides. While their web site promises a "Sleep Number Bed" in most rooms, ours did not have any. Bed not terribly comfortable. Small pillows. Noise from hallway easily transmitted into room. In room air conditioner very loud and cycled frequently. Furniture not in the greatest shape - lots of scuff marks. Small bathroom. No in-room safe. Decent WiFi and high-def TV. Pool area was clean. No ice maker on 1st floor - instead had a washer and dryer. According to sign their is a complimentary "breakfast to go" but is only available during the week.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comments. We depend on your feedback in order to continue doing what we are doing and even improve our overall service. The hotel is located in the heart of our towns thriving business center and we do offer shuttle services as well as a lounge and restaurant for your convenience. The sleeping rooms have recently been renovated, all rooms have sleep number beds, microwaves, mini fridges, alarm clock and ipod charging radios, renovated bathroom vanities and 42’ flat screen HD TV’s that include complimentary HBO. We also offer laundry services and facilities on site. Please feel free on your next stay to let the front desk know if you are unsatisfied with your room and we will try our best to accommodate your requests. Thank you so much for staying with us!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the 2nd time. This time for 2 days, instead of 1 for Steampunk world fair. This average hotel is very convenient for this event although next time we are more likely to stay at the Embassy Suites next door.

On the first morning they knocked on our room to clean the room and we told them to come back in only 20 min....we came back late afternoon and the rooms till hadn't been cleaned. We called the front desk and they told us that house cleaning had already left for the day (hotel had a convention so you would think that they had back up house keeping just in case)....so they offered to bring us clean sheets & towers so we could make our own bed? (You would think that if they can bring the sheets, why can't they make the bed) & that they would adjust the bill for the inconvenience, which seemed appropriate.

When I checked out I asked about the adjustment and they said that although they were aware of the issue...there was no note so they would have to ask the manager who wasn't there but they would call me back that they (I gave them my cell & email). Nothing happened.

A few days later I checked my bill, no adjustment so I called again. Same story, they would call me back later that day.

Here we are 1 week later and still nothing! I find this to be in very poor taste. Don't offer adjustments if you are not planning on actually following through.

Also, we had to get our door key cards redone about 4 times & apparently we were not the only ones in the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Piscataway, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We understand the inconvenience an unexpected charge can cause. Please contact Corporate Customer Care if you require additional assistance in this matter.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I never stayed this hotel but i had reservation on 13th of April for one night and some how my flight got delayed and i called Hotel at around 5 pm to cancel my reservation and they told it was beyond the hotel timing so they can not cancel my reservation, So, i requested to talk to their GM whose name was Mr Sunny Patel. So i requested him so,he told me that he would put the note in the reservation so, someone walk in for room at anytime front desk would cancel and checked them in your reservation, so that way you will not be charge as No Show..After few min i tried to contact him several times for confirmation but never came on phone and even dropped the voice mail. Few days later when i saw my credit card i was charged by hotel. Hotel should understand if some one would not able to make it then they have to show some courtesy against customers and should cancel the reservation that is called Customers service.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Sunny C, General Manager at Radisson Piscataway, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Mr. Pranav, As per our conversation, the hotel has a cancellation policy that states you can cancel a reservation by 6pm and since you called after this period we charge you for a no show. We did however offer to cancel the reservation if someone came to the hotel as a walk in however there was no such reservation made. We have these policies in place because we hold the rooms for guests and therefore cannot sell them. We are very sorry for your inconvenience and we hope that you understand our position as well.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I am from India so I am aware of that some hotels in NJ owned by Indians do not have good customer service but this one will go to the bottom of all. The front desk staff is rude and do not care about the guests at all. You can not trust them for anything as none of your request will be heard, it's like telling no one 'coz there is a massive communication gap between the staff members. Do not hope to get any correct and straight forward answers from them as they make up things suiting them. The General manager does not do his job and is misguided by others. I do not know how they could fool Radisson to become one. Usually Radisson has good service and cleanliness. I am sure not for very long it would remain one. I would advice all not to stay here if you have a better place to go . Hotel is all run down. Do not go for it 'coz it has Radisson's name. I promose , you are bond to get disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sunny C, General Manager at Radisson Piscataway, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us. We encourage your comments. I am very sorry that you felt your stay was not satisfactory and I am surprised that you felt the hotel was dirty because we get the highest ratings for cleanliness in this hotel. We have a dedicated sales team that is available at all times to assist guests if they feel they need additional service or a faster response. The managers business cards are at the front desk with a cell phone listed in the event you feel that front desk and housekeeping are not listening to you or working fast enough. I will take your note into account and address your concerns with our staff and I assure you that your next stay with be a more pleasant one!

Been to Radisson Piscataway? Share your experiences!