“Good food, absolutely HORRENDOUS service!!!” 2 of 5 stars

431 3rd Ave, Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
(908) 387-0478
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
“Good food, absolutely HORRENDOUS service!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

Recently I had dinner with my family at midtown tavern. The night started out a little weird right off the bat when we showed up with 5 people total and it was suggested to that we sit in the bar area, but we felt better seated at a table. At this point it seemed like we asked the staff to solve an advanced calculus equation because it took about 7 minutes and lots of thinking for them to come up with a seating arrangement for the 5 of us. We ordered our appetizers and entrees. We then found it strange that we weren't asked what kind of salad dressing we wanted on our salads. This was because our waiter had completely forgotten about it. We ended up inquiring about the salads and he quickly took our dressing orders and rushed to get our salads out to us before our dinners arrived. Unfortunately this did not happen. Our entrees arrived followed by our quickly thrown together salads, unacceptable! Not to mention that only 4 of our 5 entrees came out because one of them was completely forgotten about, we know this because the waiter had to ask me what I ordered and when I told him he was completely befuddled as if he had no clue that I had even ordered it. So my entree arrived midway through everyone's meal. When we asked to speak to a manager the lady plainly replied that there wasn't one on duty. Really? She then did not miss a beat in asking if we wanted cake?????? As if their cheap, poor excuse for chocolate cake with garbage whipped sugar icing that tasted like dong would be an appropriate remedy for the incredibly terrible service we had just received. Very unprofessional service and management by midtown tavern. Although the food was excellent I must say, the service could use a serious adjustment because it will keep us from coming back if that's how they plan to continue to treat their customers.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere