“"GREAT CUSTOMER SERVCE"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pennsville
Milton Mills NH
“"GREAT CUSTOMER SERVCE"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have stayed here at least once a month for the past year and a half and could not be happier. Clean, quiet and excellent front desk service. The location couldn't be better, easy on and off I-95 / I-295 with plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Very afforadble as well. Misplaced my travel kit with all my medications, Liza made sure that it was overnighted saving me the trouble of replacing everything. Don't hesitate to give them a try.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Super8MtLaurel, Social Media Manager at Super 8 Pennsville, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Milton, Thank you so much for your business! We're so glad to have you stay with us, and are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your clean and quiet guestroom as well as super customer service.Thank you for mentioning our convenient location and great rates, and I look forward to passing along kudos to Liza!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

It has been almost a year since our two previous stays, and this establishment is beginning to show it's age. That said, out stay was still excellent: room was clean (no qualms letting my toddler roam about the room), they honored our requests for room preferences,check in with a crying toddler was handled quickly and gracefully. Little quirks are the ONLY issues, and boy are they small compared to the value - no napkins at breakfast, the room was stifling hot when we arrived (if it is prepaid, you know we are arriving via email, turn the air on!!). EXCELLENT bed, very comfortable, nice sitting area as well. Kudos, Super 8 !!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Super 8 Pennsville, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
SherryLeigh, Thank you for your super feedback. We appreciate your comments about the wear and tear on our 2 year old hotel. I'm glad that you and your family were well accommodated minus a few small quirks. Thanks for bringing those to our attention and next time we'll be sure to put the A/C on for you!
Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Like many others, we have avoided Super 8 motels in the past. Having read other TripAdvisor reviews, we decided to give this one a try in July 2012. We were well pleased. Desk staff service was friendly and good. The hotel is fairly new and the room was clean. Based on other reviews (and responses of the hotel manager) we chose two queen beds as we understandthe king size beds here tend to be quite firm). The queen beds were quite comfortable. Pillows were smallish but also comfortable. A/C good. Refrigerator was on and cold. Furniture was nice for a two star facility. There are restaurants within walking distance including Applebee's and McDonalds.

I am particular about showers and this one was great!! Simple controls and constant temperature. A nice touch was the night light in the bathroom which increases in intensity as you walk in. Wi-fi was spotty, and the staff advised it wasavailable mostly in the lobby and a few rooms. But all rooms are wired and front desk has cables so you can plug in for internet connection. Breakfast was continental (as advertised) - Cereals, toast, bagels, muffins, juice, coffee, tea, etc. Breakfast area had a person assigned to keep the breakfast area clean to replenish items as needed.

Walls were thin. While we didn't hear much noise, but given the noises we did here I suspect the low noise level may nave been partially due to a small number of guests the night we stayed.

While the facility is fairly new and seems to be generally well maintained, the challenge for management will be to keep it that way. Bathroom fixtures are already showing wear. The blankets on the bed (no bedspread) had substantial pulled threads giving a not-so-great first impression. And the toilet seat was extremely loose. There is just no excuse for that. Anyone cleaning the toilet had to be aware of it, so why wasn't it tightened up (a simple maintenance job) before it got to the extremely loose condition.

I recommend this hotel for now, but will check more current reviews before booking again in the future to see if the quality is maintained.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Super 8 Pennsville, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for giving Super 8 Pennsville a try! We're glad that you were pleasantly surprised. We are a brand new hotel with a modern design and upgraded amenities. We are happy that you enjoyed our spacious walk in showers, free wi-fi in the lobby, and free SuperStart Breakfast. We understand about the wear and tear challenges we face, you will be happy to know that all Super 8 Hotels need to upgrade their bedspreads by the end of the summer, and we will look at the loose toilet seat before your next visit! Looking forward to having you back - Super 8 Pennsville
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in July 2012. The month before we stayed at a nose-in-the air Hyatt near NYC. This Super 8 was quieter, just as clean, and the desk clerk was more genuinely friendly. No, it doesn't have a pool, convention center, or manicured atrium. But if you are just looking for a clean, quiet, no-frills place to sleep, this Super 8 sets a standard for the industry.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have flat-wheel-in access from the parking lot for those with heavy luggage.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Super 8 Pennsville, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
BobinBalto, Thank you for your super review of your stay at the Super 8 Mount Laurel! I'm glad to hear that you were comfortable in our clean, quiet guestrooms. Here's to hoping we see you again soon!
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

My fiance and I came here to stay for one night while visiting cowtown. We saw the sign for Super 8..and we second guessed staying there until we drove up and saw that it was a brand new hotel. We checked into a smoking king room and the overnight front desk associate was accomodating and nice to us. The room design was very modern and fun!

We already had plans to go to Cracker Barrell for breakfast in the AM, but we grabbed some coffee to go in the breakfast area. The coffee was good. I think the breakfast could've offered a bit more, but we werent eating it anyway so it didnt matter much :)

All in all, very nice hotel and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Social Media Manager at Super 8 Pennsville, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Kristina S., Thank you for your great comments about the Super 8 Hotel in Pennsville, NJ! We hope you enjoyed Cowtown, it's a great unique area attraction that is busy in summer. The Super 8 Pennsville is brand new, just under a year old, and was build with Wyndham's Innov8te Package. Featuring modern accommodations, Free Breakfast and Free Internet. I'm glad to hear that our staff was accomodating! For your next visit, we will have new breakfast items, including the Super 8 Cinnamon Roll, so keep your eyes peeled for that! Thanks again for staying with the Super 8 Pennsville - we're looking forward to your next visit!
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Normaly, I try to avoid to Super 8.. Old, broken, dirty motels. NOT FOR THIS ONE. When I saw the pictures on their web, I made a ty and was happy for the decision. The building is brand new, very nice and clean in overal. Rooms are very spacious, no issues, good cleaning. Front desk people are very helpfull and pretty too :)
Nothing I can complaint about. I liked their laundry - new appliances, just 1 USD per wash - the cheapest I have ever seen. I just missed some outdoor seating, just a bench or something when it is nice evening and you do not want stay in the room. 2 restaurants, MCD, DD and BK stores are just accross the street.
Should you have a free sunny afternoon, I recommend Riverview Beach Park - just 2 miles south from the hotel, by Deleware river. A nice place to relax after bussy day or eat your burger.

Room Tip: Only one, slow elevator for whole building.. Having room in 3/4 floor + bussy day = long time from r...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Super 8 Pennsville, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for your super review of the Super 8 Pennsville! I'm glad you found our accommodations clean and roomy. Thank you for mentioning some of the local attractions and thank you most of all for staying with us!
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Overview: a very new, modern four story facility with internal halls located ¼ mile off of I 295 with approximately 130 rooms. Easy on off highway access. Single elevator service. Located in the same area are a McDonalds, Applebee’s and a Country Buffet, that are an easy walk. Plenty of surface parking. Individual room AC. Several meeting rooms. Three building access points from the parking lots. Bathing was shower only…no tub.
The Good: Check in excellent. Normally two employees on station. Compare front desk to a 5 star hotel. Received an upgrade to a suite….will not affect my review. Hotel was very crowded and I suspect the upgrade was a result of the # of nights booked. Rooms are modern design with a fridge. Very pleasing décor. No microwave. Entire facility is spotless. Rooms are quiet, no highway noise. Even though my room was only two from the elevator the only noise heard was a few muffled footsteps from the room above. Maid service excellent. Towels and sheets changed on request.
The Bad: Breakfast is cold food only. Bread, cereal, juice and coffee/tea, plus instant oatmeal. This may be a geographical area issue. Stayed in Carney’s Point once and breakfast was similar. Pillows….three on a king bed, all solid foam rubber. Like sleeping on a large soft brick. Limited cable channels plus 2 HBO stations. Windows do not open. Suspect that is the reason for no microwave….odors hang around. Could be I was over the lobby entrance roof and that is why the window did not open.
Picky stuff: The shower bar is set so close it is impossible to shower without constantly coming into contact with the shower curtain….and I am not a large man. Small space next to the sink for toiletries. There is a desk for make-up, ladies. Clothes storage is open cubes. Towels should grade sandpaper light.
Bottom Line: Great venue for the price point. Will definitely revisit if in the area again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Texas George, Thank you for your rave review! Glad to hear that check-in was effortless and that you received great customer service throughout your length of stay. I'm sorry for the small things you mention, like the towels being a little rough, and the space in the shower being inadequate, but I would like to let you know that we are upgrading breakfast this summer with hot breakfast items. I hope you'll stay with us again to try out the new buffet at SuperStart Breakfast!

Been to Super 8 Pennsville? Share your experiences!