“Lost items at this hotel!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pennsville
Singapore, Singapore
“Lost items at this hotel!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last May, 2011. We were there for my daughter's college graduation. Were happy that the hotel was very clean, quiet, new and reasonably-priced. The cleaning lady was very chatty and asked me when I was checking out. But on our last night, I could not find two new Origins skincare creams which I had just bought in NYC. Next morning, I reported it to the duty manager and gave my email address. They tried to check with the cleaning lady and she was MIA. They said they would compensate me and we flew home to Asia. After 3 months of no news, I wrote to them and a new manager apologised and asked me for my daughter's mobile no., and address. Since then, no reply again. I have given up and just wish to remind everybody to lock their expensive items in their luggage before you leave your room for the day. Have traveled widely in the last 20 years and it's such a shame that a good new hotel in the US should have petty thievery.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
8568022800, General Manager at Super 8 Pennsville, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Please allow me to apologize for the unfortunate incident that happened almost a year ago. I must also apologize for failing to follow up with you when I didn’t receive the contact information for your Daughter. I do want to ensure you that when you send me the information, I will make things right as soon as humanly possible. Your suggestion to hide valuables when travelling is a good one no matter where you stay. I want to ensure you that during our interviewing process, we do conduct background checks on every new employee. Besides cleanliness and a welcoming staff, we do everything we can to ensure our guests safety and privacy. This includes personal belongings. Yours was an isolated incident due to the fact that I have not received any other complaints of this nature, since I started in August of 2011.Thank you so much for the reminder and I hope to hear from you soon.

Jeff Denbo

Super 8

Pennsville, NJ

jeff.denbo@hilton.com

856-351-1700

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Middletown
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We picked this particular hotel due to the location. The date was Feb. 26, 2012. It was our 1/2 way point to our destination. It was easy access off the NJTP, exit 1. We were drawn to the sign hanging "now open". We felt since it was new that the accomodations would be good. Needless to say we barely got any sleep due to the mattress being thin, cheap and very very hard!!! The heating/air conditioning unit seemed to run almost coninuously, stopping for a few brief moments only to crank back up again. Each time it started back up it was loud.
It was a king size bed on the second floor next to the elevator. I believe it was rm 225. It was the first room when getting off the elevator to the right. Don't sleep in that room!!!!! Ask for a different room!!!!!
H.T. Toby

Room Tip: Only stayed in the one room. Would not choose to stay there again. First I thought it was me due to...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
8568022800, Social Media Liaison at Super 8 Pennsville, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear Halbert T,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip. Please allow me to apologize for the mattress not being to your liking and for the noisy A/C-Heating unit. I personally went to room 225 to investigate these issues. I won’t be able to comment on the A/C-Heating unit at this time since we have just completed the preventative maintenance on the units to prepare them for the warmer weather and the use of the Air Conditioners. I can ensure you that the units are running properly and quietly at this time. As far as the mattress, our king size mattresses tend to run on the firmer side compared to our queen size mattresses that are not quite as firm. Our Serta Fire Blocker mattresses are rotated and/or flipped every 3 months to ensure maximum comfort for our guests. I am truly sorry that the mattress was too firm for your liking and you didn’t get a great night’s sleep. From this point forward, our front desk agents will now recommend the Queen size mattresses to anyone that doesn’t want a firm mattress. Thank you!

Our primary goal is to exceed our guests expectations in every way from the comfort of the bed to the cleanliness of the room to the friendliness of our staff. With this in mind, I am sure that our front desk agent would have happily moved you to another room as well as assisted you in moving your luggage, if you would have made them aware of the issues you experienced. I take great pride in my staff and the desire they all have to do everything they can to make every stay at our Super 8 an excellent stay.

Again, thank you so much for your comments as they will help us grow and improve for the future. We hope you give us a second chance. Please contact me directly if you have any questions or comments at 856-299-2992.
Rossland, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Close to I95, great stopping place on way to Florida. Friendly staff and breakfast included for this inexpensive hotel.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Excelfever,
Thank you for giving our hotel such an awesome review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and that our stay was friendly and efficent. We hope to see you again soon!
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Stayed here Feb 1, 2012. As most people have stated, this is a new property and a great place to stop over if you're travelling along I-95/295. On the advice of other travellers, we requested a quiet room as we were travelling with kids - we were given a room on the first floor (apparently this area is always quiet as most of the trades workers sleep here). Luckily, this is also the best area for WiFi access. The breakfast was as expected and included. Would stay here again. Note: as some mentioned, our room did not have a bathtub - just a standup shower.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I lived here for almost a week and I enjoyed my stay here. It was cheapest and well rated hotel availabl to I tried it. obviously for the price this is very good. If need, I would stay here again.

-vijay

Room Tip: I stayed in 3rd floor and it was very good. just next to elevators. I didnt face any problem.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
8568022800, Social Media Manager - Teresa Nymick at Super 8 Pennsville, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Vijay, Thank you for your kind comments about your stay at the Super 8 Pennsville! We’re happy that you were comfortable and got a super great price. We look forward to having you again soon! – Super 8 Pennsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Loved my stay here. Room was quiet, staff were so friendly, breakfast was good and bed was comfortable. Only thing on my wish list was thAt there would be some accommodation to cover cost of bridge toll.

• Stayed October 2011
8568022800, Social Media Liaison at Super 8 Pennsville, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Dear Lastwolfe,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It's great to hear that you had a great stay with us. I'm glad our staff was very friendly and that we met your accomodations. We will work on seeing if there is something we can do about the bridge toll. We look forward to seeing you again!

Melissa Regner
Social Media Liaison
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed at this property as a business traveler to Wilmington, DE. Not being from the area, it appeared close enough to downtown Wilmington and it is competitively priced compared to the downtown hotels. The front desk staff clerks were WONDERFUL. Always friendly, helpful and accomodating. The GM is 'newer' to this property has a strong focus on Customer Service!
The property itself is very nice, very new and the nicest Super 8 Pride property I've ever stayed in.
The two issues I experienced were with a member of the management team who was discourteous and rude.
The other issue I eperienced was that the internet service was down for 2 days. I'm a business traveler and that is a requirement for me. At first I received the excuse, it's so and so's (internet provider) problem and there's nothing we can do, we are sorry.
As an IT Guy, I refuse that answer. You run a large property, actually two right next to each other I learned, and advertise that you offer free wi-fi. I responded to my survey following my stay, commented on the experiences above and the GM was great in responding, with greatest emphasis on the customer experience. He apologized and indicated he would address it. We also talked about the internet options available to him to use the provider at the neighboring hotel and the one for this hotel to share services in case one fails. Simple, cheap solution to ensuring he isn't dependent on one internet servicer.
I hope he has addressed it.
I comment that it's not the best choice for downtown Wilmington because of the toll costs to cross the bridge. If they wanted to attract more people who work downtown Wilmington, come up with a program for guests to cover or reduce the cost of the toll into Delaware. Some discounted deal would go a long way to entice guests who have to work there, come stay at the very, very nice property.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear SGbiztraveler,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad that our staff was accommodating and helpful throughout your staff. I'm very sorry to hear that you had experienced some difficulties with our WiFi. We would love to thank you for such a great idea, we now have another back up service in case situations like this occu again. We will work on seeing if there is anything we can do about the bridge toll. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

Melissa Regner
Social Media Liaison

Been to Super 8 Pennsville? Share your experiences!