“Nothing fancy but better than your average corner pizza joint” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Pennsauken, New Jersey, United States
“Nothing fancy but better than your average corner pizza joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My Husband and I eat here often. It's one of our go-to places when we work late and want some decent Italian food. The food is good, nothing ground breaking but consistently good. We get take out most of the time but we occasionally eat there and the waitress is quick, she never stops moving. The place is nothing to brag about in appearance but we've see worse too.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

South Jersey
“Àbout average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I have been using this restaurant for quite a few years now. The food used to be very good, but over the past year I have noticed a definite decline I the quality of the pizza and spaghetti sauce. The soup is still good. But I am looking around for another place nearby to get pizza.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
“Montegrillo's is family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I swear my in-laws eat take-out from here 2 or 3 tines a week. We are usually the beneficiary of one of these meals. The entree dinners are a very good value - some pasta/meat plus a salad/soup and bread. I have never been hungry after a plating, usually with leftovers for another meal. I am a big fan of the chicken penne vodka or romano, though recently been a fan of the pesto ravioli. Everything is is done well to superb considering the cost. Delivery guys are usually prompt and always friendly.

• Visited July 2013
Houston, Texas
“Gotta Getta Montegrillo's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I'm a Philly native who currently lives in Houston TX. My family & I recently went to visit my Mom & Dad in Pennsauken for a few days & Montegrillo's is a good as ever! I'm not a Pat's or Geno's guy, (I tend to like the smaller Pizza/Cheesesteak shops), so I was beyond happy that Montegrillo's hasn't changed! The last time I was up visiting was two years ago, & before that was FIVE years ago & this place ALWAYS HAS THE SAME GREAT FOOD! I got a cheesesteak w/ American cheese & fried onions & It was to die for!!!
I almost didn't get my cheesesteak "fix" on this trip, but I decided to NOT eat dinner w/ my family on Tuesday night. Instead, I walked to Montegrillo's, (my parents live around the corner off Gross Ave.), & got my sandwich! Glad I didn't miss out & you shouldn't as well!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Moorestown, New Jersey
“Great italian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We've been going to Montegrillo's for several years and always go back for the lasagna and the sausage and peppers. The meals come with soup or salad - the soup is in a bowl, not a cup, and the salad has wedges of cheese, some olives, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and lettuce with a bowl of dressing (everything is cut large enough so you can take out what you don't like). The entrees are huge - I eat a third and take the rest home for 2 more meals. The sausage and peppers are unlike any I have had anywhere - the sausage is sliced, the peppers, onions and tomatoes are fresh and it's made to order, as are all the entrees. The garlic bread looks like small slices of pizza, and are very good, and the rolls are also good. It has a pizza parlor decor with booths and tables. If you don't mind the lack of fancy ammenities, you should try it - the food is better than most upscale italian restaurants I have been to.

• Visited August 2012