“Awful service and attitude.” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Holland Ave
Morristown, NJ
“Awful service and attitude.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Wow! Never experienced anything like this before. My wife and I were out for a quick bite and decided to try this place. We didn't have a reservation but there were all kinds of tables open. Still, it took them a while to sit us. (Strike one). After we were seated, it took ten minutes for anyone to stop by with water or bread even though there were numerous waiters all over the place. When they finally did drop off bread, the waiter was unbelievably rude. My wife asked for some water, the waiters respond 'yeah, yeah, in a minute (strike 2). Another 10 minutes goes by. They drop off the menus (no one reviews tells us about the specials) and ask for drink orders. We order drinks and again, my wife asks for a glass of water. 10 more minutes goes by. No water, no waiter, no specials. Again, lots of staff wandering around but no one is doing anything. I finally catch the eye of our waiter and ask if my wife could please get a glass of water. His response: "yeah yeah, in a minute." (Strike 3). At this point we walked out. 30 minutes, no drinks, no order, no service. If I could give this place a negative number I would.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Chester, NJ
“An Oasis in Peapack”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We just enjoyed lunch out on the patio at Il Monelo; what a fantastic treat. A perfect Saturday meal with out of town visitors. Martino & staff could not have been more accommodating quickly pouring our wine (hurray for NJ BYOs) and serving us some scrumptious appetizers and bread. The table was overflowing with delicacies even before we placed our orders. Many intriguing specials to choose from and an extensive regular lunch menu. This was dining at its finest. Every dish was prepared with a light touch and our group of four declared each one a winner. Capped off our lunch with nicely chilled lemon cello which hit the spot on this 90 degree day!
Already plotting our return and grateful that we live nearby. Try Il Monelo; you will feel temporarily transported to a peaceful village (where dining is taken seriously) in Italy!

• Visited June 2013
new jersey
“where to begin...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

A friend and I went on a Saturday night. I ordered a chicken dish and the chicken was so tough that I couldn't cut it. I sent it back and ordered shrimp scampi instead. The shrimp was grainy and tasteless. I asked the waiter if the food was frozen he invited me to come back into the kitchen to assure me that it was fresh. My friend had a very simple chicken cutlet with marinara sauce over whole wheat pasta. Her chicken was also tasteless. When we received the bill we were shocked. I had a side dish of broccoli which was $5.95 on the menu but my bill said $8.95. The simple chicken and marinara they charged $13 extra for the pasta and said it was not included with the chicken price. The total amount that they were trying to overbill us for was $30.00. Good thing we checked our bill.
We have frequented this location for 20 years with it being different names and owners. We will not be back because of the awful food and the blatant overcharging on our bill.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chester, New Jersey
“Really great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

It's so nice to find a consistently good Italian restaurant close to home. Martino is a co-owner (and chef) and just a lovely man - in 5 minutes you feel like you've known him forever. You can tell that this is his passion. The specials list is always extensive, and the portions are quite large - I always have enough for lunch the next day. We prefer to eat here during the week as it can get quite crowded on the weekends. Outdoor seating is lovely during the nice weather.

• Visited March 2013
Japan
“A Fabulous Find in Peapack, NJ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Il Monello is the best restaurant in Peapack. The setting is just wonderful. In warm weather we've sat outside on the patio and in cold weather we've sat inside in a cozy room with a real wood fire in the fireplace! The owner and all the staff, are very welcoming and professional. The food is divine. As mentioned by others, the experience begins with the complementary marinated zucchini, bread basket, plate of salami and chunk of cheese carved off a giant wheel that they roll in on a cart. There is a full menu and an extensive list of specials. On this visit, we shared the appetizer of portobello mushroom cap stuffed with crab. My husband got the tilapia and I got the salmon from the list of specials. Both were fantastic! For dessert, hubby had coffee and we shared the fruit with zabaglione. The whole evening was fantastic. And don't forget, its BYOB.
Plenty of parking and within walking distance of the Peapack train station.

• Visited February 2013