“Not good behavivour and attitude by Lady on front desk” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Parsippany

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Parsippany to your Saves list
Days Inn Parsippany
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3159 Route 46 East, I-287 & US 46, Parsippany, NJ 07054   |
Ranked #13 of 17 hotels in Parsippany

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Brick
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I satyed for a twon night stay in the jacuzzi sweet and although the price wasnt to bad i may have been able to do better somewhere else. It was about 160 a night after fees and taxes. The room was cleen but a little outdated but the tub was nice. I checked out tues morning and it wasnt until thurs that i got an alert that they had charged my card for another 37.50. I called and they said there were some towels that were not cleanable. At first this infuriated me and to be honest i thought about calling visa and doing a chargeback but i thought better of it. They said it looked like wine stains but my wife and i dont drink wine. I also do not know how on thurs at 10pm they would have any clue whos towels were whos from tues morning. I let the charge go so they got me for forty bucks but in the end from now on I will find another hotel for both business and pleasure so they ended up losing more than me. I do not really like the fact that even if something was damaged they woukd use my card withiut even a phone call. If any more charges appear on the card i will call the cc company and have them all reversed. It is now a trust issue with them as i authorized them to use the card for a 2 night stay not at will days later.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Fiona C, Supervisor at Days Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. After you checked-out, the Housekeepers cleaned the room and discovered that some of the towels you used were difficult to wash out and re-use, thus it had to be disposed. The stains on the towels were of a red-dark pink color and that is why we concluded it may have been wine. This on-going process is very costly for the hotel and thus we charged your credit card, which is used to cover for incidentals. The charge for the towels was made after your check-out, which may not have appeared on your statements or alerts until Thursday evening like you stated. Again, I apologize if you feel that the charge came delayed, but we charged for the towels as soon as we discovered it.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and in order to improve the service we provide to our guests, we will take this into consideration for future transactions. I hope that this clears up any misunderstandings, and if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Freehold
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Room was poorly furnished, bed sheets appeared dirty, pillows were the cheapest quality, bathroom was not user friendly and looked very cheap and dirty. Towels were badly beaten and needed replacement. Staff, particularity the elderly lady (smoker) at reception was very unfriendly and it was like talking to a robot. This place can use some upgrading. Everything in this place gave the appearance and feel of a very cheap motel. Continental breakfast was a joke, I would rather not have this option than to go for breakfast with some expectations. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels/motels and this one definitely ranks at the bottom of my list. I would not ever stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Fiona C, Supervisor at Days Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I apologize that you didn't enjoy your stay. At Days Inn, we emphasize excellent service and accommodations at an affordable price.
We usually put our business travelers in the business section of the hotel so that they may have a more comfortable stay. As you booked your reservation online, we were unable to provide the accommodations you may have wanted. We always ask our guests to book directly with us as to ensure that their expectations are met.
I will be sure to speak with out front desk staff to ensure that friendly, quality service is being provided to all our guests. I am also sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the Continental breakfast. We try to provide a variety of options to cater to all our guests.
Thank you for writing this review, and I will be sure to take in all your comments into consideration as to improve the service we provide to our guests. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our usual hospitality.
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The place was given to us by Sinorama tour group. They never told us the name of the hotel only to the moment we passed the us border.... argh.
The place is actually 45 minutes away from NYC. You should take the New jersey Bus to get to NYC and it cost around 13$ one way better than 120 $ that the NYC cab driver tried to charge us.

The first of all the first room we got we found bed bugs. When presenting it to the reception we got a suite for no extra cost. But the suite smelled weird...really weird.

The breakfast is very unhealthy and very sugary.... the food was mostly bought from a supermarket (since it was in the plastic containers).

I would have been fine with the place if i chose it by myself. But like mentioned earlier, it was the tour group that chose it for us and so my experience wasn't great.

Room Tip: Just verify there's no bed bugs period.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and I sincerely apologize that your original room had problems. We routinely check each room for bed bugs every couple of weeks to ensure that our guests are protected. However, as hard as we try, bed bugs are hard to prevent, especially in a hotel environment with guests coming in and out every day. When you told us about the room we immediately did our best to find you better accommodations, I am sorry to hear that you did not find it to your expectations.
As for your concerns concerning our breakfast, we also offer oatmeal, cereal and fresh fruit as a healthier choice. However, in order to provide better service to our guests, we will take in your considerations to improve for the future.

Been to Days Inn Parsippany? Share your experiences!