“Off the highway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Parsippany

You added Days Inn Parsippany to your Saves list
Days Inn Parsippany
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3159 Route 46 East, I-287 & US 46, Parsippany, NJ 07054   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Parsippany
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Off the highway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

parking is an issue - ownership of Days Inn and that other place need to work together to provide parking without hassel to guest.......... Check in is different female desk dressed in jeans which is odd for a Days Inn .... Room is ok little dated. Need to be in the NEW section since we changed buildings for a better room ... breakfast was ok and FREE WiFi. Guess I will come back here for the price I paid

Room Tip: Be in the right section and away from highway noise
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had booked my room from a travel agent and wasn't aware until check in that it was for the old section. Which a few people have noted is a separate outside building. At the time I was alone and travelling to visit family, I spoke with the front desk and the manager Fiona who was very sweet and professional about my situation and how I did not feel comfortable staying in an outside room. She explained the situation about the travel agent booking and gave me a FREE UPGRADE to a business non smoking king which was very clean and nice. The free wifi was excellent and the breakfast was good too. The check in process was simple and easy as was the checkout, the front desk girls were very friendly and informative and helped me a lot with directions and good restaurants to eat. Overall I had a very lovely experience and would recommend others to stay at the property. All the employees wore uniforms/proper attire and name tags, I know a few complained about uniforms but unless you expect the workers to dress like they work for fortune 500 companies it was acceptable. As for name tags, I did not see a single worker without one and will just assume that those who wrote that review were either competitors or angry customers. I had a very good stay and its a good quality hotel for the price charged.

Room Tip: My advice would be to book from the hotel directly, I asked for the nightly rate for the business ro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We had to bring my daughter up to New Jersey for her college move-in, so we decided to take a family trip to New York while we were at it. The hotels there are pricey so we went with Days Inn and planned to drive into the city. When we got there and checked in, we mentioned our plans to the receptionist at the desk, who was very helpful and told us about a bus stop right next door that would take us straight to the Port Authority in Manhattan. It turned out to be very convenient, especially with all that awful traffic. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a cheaper stay for an NYC visit. The room was clean and comfortable, the free breakfast in the morning had a lovely waffle machine, and the staff was friendly and helpful. Again, I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone and plan to stay there in the future when I go to visit my daughter.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Topeka, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I was going to New York City over the weekend and was looking for a place that would let me get there within an hour drive. I got a decent room for the price I paid and was pretty satisfied with everything there. They had free wifi and complimentary breakfast which was nice. I'd recommend people to stay at this hotel if they're looking for somewhere to stay in the area...

Room Tip: Ask for a room in "building two or three" It will cost more, but the renovated rooms are m...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The price is okay, and complimentary breakfast is included. The front desk representative was kind to assistant me with the direction to NYC.
I was assigned to a smoking room, but I called front desk said I want to change it, and they switched me to the nonsmoking room without the upgrade fee.
I really appreciated what they did since I am allergic with the cigarette.
The room is neat and simple, and nice to stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Fiona C, General Manager at Days Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for spending your time to give us a comment. It was our pleasure to know that you had a good time to stay with us. Just like you said it is very convenience to go to NY. The distance between our property and NY is around 30 miles. Moreover, there is a Lakeland bus runs to NY Port Authority. Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are looking forward to seeing you in the nearly future.
Buffalo, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I went to NYC for my weekend, and was trying to find a place to stay with the reasonable price. Although Days Inn Parsippany is 30-40 minutes away from NYC Port Authority, the bus arrived just in front of the hotel…like 3 minutes walking. For me, it is convenient.
Speaking to facilitate in the room, I need to say it is not 5 stars hotel, but at least you get what you paid for. They have microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker in the room, and my favorite part is they have free Wifi and complimentary breakfast. In order not to get the smoking room, I called them directly to inform them I want the nonsmoking room after I book it online. And the staff correctly reserved and well prepared the room for us.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you to choosing Days Inn Parsippany. If you would like to make future reservations, please feel free to contact us directly at 973-335-0200. We would like to assistant you regarding to the room type.
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I was very worried before going to this hotel due to the very bad previous reviews. However, it was pretty decent with reasonable price and free complimentary breakfast/wifi. The staff and even managers actually gave me lots of help about local information and direction to NYC. The room quality could be improved more but it's good enough for the price. I will still stay in this hotel next time when I am in town.

Room Tip: Make reservation directly from the hotel and make sure you choose interior section!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for giving us a chance to service you. We are glad that you had a good night stay with us. Days Inn Parsippany has two different of sections. One is economical building which are exterior doors. Some of our guests like to stay in the exterior building that they can park their cars right in front of their rooms. The other one is business building which are interior doors. The business building is a newly renovated section which we just open in 2010. Again, thank you for your review. Hope we can have a chance to serve you again.

Been to Days Inn Parsippany? Share your experiences!