“Best hotel ever” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Parsippany
Chicago, Illinois
“Best hotel ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

My husband,Our 2 kids & I was traveling to NYC to see the Puerto Rican Day Parade in Manhattan,NY. We wanted to stay in New Jersey because NYC hotels are too pricey for us. I looked around online and seen that this hotel & price was very good. When we arrived checking in great. They have a wonderful staff! Our room was Beautiful,Spacious,Very clean and etc...I can go on and on. Some rooms come with full kitchen...Ours did. This hotel is also perfect for family/kids. Room service is great! They have a very big indoor pool with a sauna,Playground outside for the kids,Tennis court and Basketball Court. Free internet,Free breakfast,Free parking. Pets allowed is a plus. The breakfast here is the best!! They have Scramble eggs,sausage link,bacon,Bagel,English muffins,Hash brown,cereal,yogurt and Fresh fruit. To drink you name it they have it. This hotel will be with your stay. This hotel is the best!!! :)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Williamsburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

Stayed here for a weekend - can highly recommend it. It's in a very quiet business park like area - very nice eating area, good breakfast with LOTS of offerings - front desk staff was always very helpful and courteous. Also a game room (with pool table, etc. which I didn't have a chance to use), and a computer in the lobby where you can check in for your flight and print your boarding pass. Also free internet acccess - what more could you ask for?
Despite all Marriott's being smoke free, our first room smelled faintly of cigarette smoke - I called the front desk and they apologized, and sent someone over with a key for a different room - so their customer service was great.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2008

Check-in was good and easy. The only problem is that the gatehouse is not connected with all the rooms. It felt like a campus environment. But during the winter. Going to the swimming pool requires you to walk outside to the gatehouse. Same goes for the breakfast. This is the first Residence Inn where the gatehouse is not connected.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — The buildings where the rooms are not connected to the main Gatehouse
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2007

My family and I were between homes and needed an extended stay hotel for about a month. I checked out all in the area (there are several different ones in Morris County) and this one had the most for the kids to do, including an pool. I got nervous after reading the bad reviews but decided to go ahead anyway. We had a GREAT experience. Our room was clean and spacious - we had the one bedroom suite for myself, my husband and our two sons, 4 and 8. I actually cooked a few meals in the very functional kitchen. We loved breakfast - plenty to eat and delicious. Gameroom was fun for the kids, there is a playground outside. Barbeques every Wednesday evening. We often ate dinner at the manager's reception. Lots of people stay there and seem very happy. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. It was a great home away from home and I would stay there short term, also.

• Liked — Lots to do at the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2007

Stayed there mid February for 3 nights. Very disappointing. The hotel is smoke free now, but obviously they gave us a room that had been a smoking room. It reeked. I tried washing my clothes in their laundry, but it was pointless since I was going back to the same room. When I got home, I went directly to the washer, took off my coat and threw it in the wash...and had to wash everything else as well. Upon first entering the room, the feeling was such a let-down. The living and kitchen area were so stark and drab that it was depressing rather than welcoming. Now the bedrooms areas were much brighter and pleasant looking, but stank of smoke. The lone chair in the living area was ripped in several places, with pieces of fabric hanging off. I remember staying in a residence Inn a number of years ago that was very nice, but not this one. The complimentary breakfast ran out of hot food and quite frankly, it appeared that people were walking in and helping themselves to whatever was there. I didn't see anyone check anyone's room card. Suggestion to Marriott: 1)Steam clean the rooms before you pass them off as non-smoking. 2) Make the decor warm and welcoming.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2006

Words can't describe the horrid experience I had at this property. I was traveling with my sister and her 4 year old son I chose Residence Inn to earn more rewards points....BIG MISTAKE. The room was not ready at check in (not a big deal), finally get in the room dirty dishes in the microwave (still not the end of the world), cigarette floating in the toilet was a tad gross yet doesn't compare to my 4 year old nephew playing in the bedroom with legos and running out of the room holding a USED possibly bloody CONDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Called front desk and was asked and I quote "Ummmmmmm are you sure that is was there prior to your check-in" yes that is the quality of staff employed at this location. I stormed to the front desk explained the sanitation issue and emotional issue of a 4 year old holding a condom. I was then privy to the hearing about the guest representatives's childhood story of her cousin having sex, talk about TMI!!! General Manager was not there nor did she bother to come, I was moved rooms and encountered more issues. The new room lacked silverware and I had to walk down to the front desk to pick up a key to the room next door to take silverware and then return the key to the front desk!!! My room was comped for the night and I did not stay the next evening. I have never received an apology from Marriott like promised. For the record I have never had this problem at any other Marriott so with that said go to the Courtyard in Mountain Lakes.

• Liked — The experience has tainted me.
  • Disliked — It was not clean, rude staff, not what you would expect.
  • Tips/Secrets — Go to Courtyard in Parsippany/Mt.Lakes
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York, N.Y.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2006

I did not listen to the reviews and that was my mistake.
We had a two bedroom suite, which was tiny, the beds were queen, however the beds appeared shorter then a traditional queen bed.

The hotel was not clean I would not eat the food and the main
buliding smelled and was dirty. I can not believe that marriott
has their name attached to this hotel.

On a side note the grounds are not bad, they did have swings for the kids but the pool was tiny and smelled.

If you pay more then $60 for a night you might as well stay elsewhere.

• Disliked — Hotel smelled, There were dogs on the ground
  • Tips/Secrets — Read the Trip Advisors review
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Residence Inn Parsippany? Share your experiences!