“Much better than I expected” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Parsippany
New Jersey
“Much better than I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2006

I visited the Parsippany Hilton for a one night getaway with my girlfriend and it was much better than I expected. For $179 we got the Ruth's Chris with breakfast specail which was a room, a $100 Ruth's Chris Steakhouse gift card and free breakfast buffet for two. It was an outstanding deal considering a room was $109 for the night.

Upon walking into the hotel, I was immediately greeted by the front desk staff, even before I got to the counter. The staff was very polite and helpful. Our room was decent, and very clean. The bed was fairly comfortable and the bathroom was also spotless. Our dinner at Ruth's Chris was outstanding, even though we went over the $100 on our gift card. Afterwards it was time to relax at the pool and hot tub, both were just what we needed. The hot tub was a little too hot though and one thing I thought was weird was that there were no lounge chairs around the pool, just wooden benches, so you couldn't really relax or lay around and dry off after swimming.

The next morning we went down to the breakfast buffet. The staff there was also very friendly and while it didn't have a huge selection, it had an omelette station and the food was all pretty fresh. I couldn't complain for the price and it was much better than the usual loaf of bread, pastries, and toaster found at many hotels.

Overall I had a great stay at the Parsippany Hilton. It seems like they were taken over a year or so ago and it definately isn't the same hotel as the one in older reviews.

• Stayed April 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Greenville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2006

I had seen the negative reviews on this forum so I was skeptical before I arrived at the hotel for a two night stay for my wife's friend's wedding. The hotel more than exceeded my expectations. The hotel is very nice...with a nice indoor pool and larger than average workout facility. The outdoor pool was still closed. It is in a nice scenic business campus area. The front desk was very helpful with all our inquiries of local attractions and directions. The hotel room was spacious even with 2 double beds and high grade furnishings and toiletries. The lobby and all the common areas are airy and spacious with multiple seating areas. My only problem was with the slightly dated mattress (they just need to turn it) but all else was impeccable.

• Stayed April 2006
Warren, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2006

I was disappointed with this hotel. It was our second stay. The last time was Dec. 30th, 2004. We looked for weekend getaway closed to our home. We just needed a pool for our child and enjoy vacation feeling without going faraway. We liked less crowded because of one day before New Year’s Eve. Ther were one another family at the pool. We enjoyed the pool with them very much. We thought we would do the same on the weekend of Thanksgiving. It wasn’t crowded but the pool was freezing. I guess that the hotel tryed to save energy bills. The water was so cold that we couldn't stay even ten seconds in the pool. Most of people with bathing suites were in the Jacuzzi which wasn’t very warm enough either. We had a big noise coming from outside at night. We found out the noise came from a car parked right out side of our room and it continued until 2 a.m. even we complained to the hotel. We will never go back there again.

Stayed November 2005
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2005

My stay was in early November 2005. Overall the hotel was very pleasant and I had an enjoyable stay.
The advantages: The rooms are large, the beds are comfortable. The high speed internet access worked flawlessly and the $9.00 charge was reasonable. I had access to the concierge level lounge and completely enjoyed the cookies, cheese and other snacks. The lounge is a nice alternative to typical hotel smoke filled bar. The lobby is very nice with lots of conversation areas. There is a very good/very pricey steak restaurant in the hotel. Both check-in and check-out were very quick and courtious

The disadvantage: The hotel is very spread out, if you have any walking restrictions at all you may want to look elsewhere. My room view was overlooking the hotel roof (ok but not nice). The room was hot and the thermostat was broken (on or off but no temp adjustment). When I told them the next day they immediately called to have it fixed. There was some discoloration on the ceiling near the vent, I don’t know if it was dust or something else ( not a big deal in either case). I found our “Corporate rate” of 170.00 to be a bit steep.
NOte: The hotel can be a bit difficult to locate, make sure you ahve good driving directions.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2005

This was our first time in a Hilton, and I guess we had high expectations because of the name. The room was just average, with the same problems as a cheesy hotel: The bathtub drain was clogged, therefore, you had to take a bath along with your shower; dirty air filters in the ceiling; vending machines not working; cold room service food; bad service. At one point our door key card did not work. When my husband called down to the lobby desk, they told us we would have to wait at our door for ten minutes before someone would come up. When we went down to the front desk to get a new key ourselves, there were two girls behind the desk and no customers for them to wait on, so it wasn't like they were swamped with customers (that I could understand). We were just NOT impressed at all.

• Stayed November 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2005

I went to a high school reunion at this hotel and so stayed two nights. The room was small, very worn, the bedspread was smelly, the bathroom minuscule. Worst of all there was a LARGE patch of mold on the ceiling adjacent to the air conditioner duct. The patch was black and about 2 ft by 3 ft. It just spewed mold spores all over the room when the air was blowing. It was freezing that weekend in the fall and the hotel did not yet have the heat on so we were very cold. The breakfast was Hilton expensive for very poor bagels and coffee. When we checked in there were 4 people behind the desk, none of whom was attentive to our standing there for 5 minutes. We did not see any service the whole weekend. I used to think that the Hilton name stood for something but no mre.

• Stayed October 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2005

decent only because my BF and I stayed there free thanks to my employee friend who got us in.

the rooms are not that clean, we like Marriot A LOT better!!! furniture and bedding are extremely out-dated. Needs a major renovation. Don't be fooled by the highly maintained lobby and eye candy staff.

• Stayed October 2005

Been to Hilton Parsippany? Share your experiences!