“Too Much Nickle and Diming !” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Parsippany
New Jersey
“Too Much Nickle and Diming !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

In five years, we've attended an annual conference and have now stayed 5 weekends at this hotel. I've reviewed them before, but as we just checked out last Friday, I feel compelled to write another. First, let me say the hotel lobby is well appointed, and the in and outdoor pool areas are very adequate. The grounds grounds in the rear of the hotel are decent as well, with a large pond surrounded by a walking path, if you want to take a scenic stroll.

The problems I have with this Sheraton is the charges for everything! Wi-fi is $9.99/day. There's no mini fridge in the room, a standard in most hotels, but they'll gladly supply one for $15.00/day, There's a coffee machine in the room, but they charge you $4.00 if you drink the two spring waters! We've stayed on the club floor previously. You pay more, but they provide a complimentary breakfast and evening spread during the week. There's no free breakfast, not even continental if you're not a club floor customer! I might also add that another perk of the club floor rooms were the jacuzzi tubs, but during their "renovation" they removed all jetted tubs : (. Sounds like a downgrade to me, because what they've replaced them seem much more shallow.

Yes, the customer service is above par, but this Sheraton seems to be a bit money hungry for lack of better words, which is probably also why the SPG offers don't apply here : (

I'm sorry, I just expect more for the money. Every room should have a mini fridge and microwave as standard features, not paid upgrades. And the wifi should also be complimentary! We actually didn't stay the entire weekend and stayed next door at the Hyatt House for the duration instead. My advice, consider the Hyatt House. You get much more for you money!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Justin D, VIP Coordinator at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Hello Nasihah,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am glad you enjoyed some aspects of your stay. I am very sorry you felt "nickle" and "dimed". We do offer complimentary wi-fi in the lobby and at the Link@Sheraton. Guests on the club floor are also provided complimentary internet access.

While we do not offer complimentary continental breakfast to all guests, we do provide the option of booking a rate that has breakfast included. Perhaps on your next visit, you may want to look into those rates.

Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this Sheraton en route to NYC where she was moving for a job. We decided to stay there because of its close proximity to NYC and the fact that I could park my rented cargo van outside. We checked in at about 11:30 pm and were given a very nice room on the Club floor. The beds were very comfortable, the bathroom adequate, and the breakfast buffet on the Club floor was very nice. Two things kept me from giving the hotel an excellent rating. First, the $10 per night charge for WiFi is ridiculous. I have stayed in many equal or lesser hotels and have had free WiFi (including the Sheraton in Syracuse on the way home). Very cheap move by management that leaves a bad taste. Second, also on the cheap side, not being part of the Starwood 2nd Quarter promotion was a head scratcher.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Justin D, VIP coordinator at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Hello SlickToronto,

My congrats to your daughter on landing a new job. We hope she finds success with that. I'm glad to read you had a comfortable stay. For the purpose of clarity, any guest who stays on the club floor gets complimentary wi-fi. If you could tell me what room you were in and the name on the reservation, I can check and see if you were incorrectly charged for it. My contact information is justin.drezner@sheraton.com. If there is anything else I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have stayed here a number of times before and been dismayed at how bad it was.

I stayed again for one night and I'm pleased to report it is now much better. Really friendly and efficient check in, comfy and clean rooms and what pleased me the most was the really efficient check out. Nyron was superb and made sure my transfer to the office was perfect. And it was a free transfer.

Really pleased to see it has improved so much. Keep it up!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hello HullPhil,

Thanks for a great review. We appreciate it and I'm happy to see you validating our great customer service that we strive to provide.

We look forward to your return.
Coral Gables, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I love this hotel because frankly they have some of the best staff and customer service personnel in the business.... HOWEVER, someone needs to tell their promotions department that passing up on participation on the SPG 2nd Quarter offers and promotion of EARN your Way is turning long time loyal customers away and onto other properties that are hosting this promotion.........

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor and with a view of the lake
Green Features: very good they participate in the go green promotion and the hotel is environmentally friendly great staff in the house keeping department too!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Justin D, VIP coordinator at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Hello Betty M,

Thank you for a great review. We take great pride in providing top-level customer service so thank you for validating that. We hope to see you return in the near future.

Justin.Drezner@sheraton.com
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

From the moment I my family walked in, it had the feel of a top notch hotel. It was clean, the amenities are plentiful, and the club lounge (I am a Starwood preferred member) was nicer than others I have experienced. I was really impressed with the fitness center and two pools. The indoor pool was being used for a Zumba class, which I have not seen before. The staff is very courteous and responsive to your needs.

Regarding the exterior, this is the nicest looking Sheraton that I've stayed in. I chose it over others in the area because of the aesthetics.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Justin D, VIP Coordinator at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear David L,

Thank you for your great review. We hope to see you return the next time you are in the area.

Justin.Drezner@sheraton.com
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our family had a wonderful stay at the Sheraton Parsippany.

We have stayed here several times over the last year, mostly during last summer months. We love to stay at this hotel, as they have an indoor & outdoor pool, which is great for our kids. The grounds (including a nice lake with a walking path around it) are beautiful and serene.

The clean newly-renovated rooms are very nice with comfortable beds!

We decided to book a room Saturday, for a Saturday night stay. We spoke to Michael, a front desk manager. He remembered us and was quite courteous & professional.

We had also received exceptional service from Adenekia when we checked in and out . Our check in & out was very efficient and she kindly asked us how our stay was. We had a lovely stay!

During our stay we also saw other members of the front desk staff who were quite helpful as well - Justin and Christopher in particular.

We stayed on the Club Level -the 6th floor. The light meal and the breakfast the next day were very nice.
Adele was very attentive in the Club Lounge. She always has greeted our family warmly.

The housekeeper Sonia was very pleasant, as well and helped us with some of our needs.

It is really nice that the staff at the Sheraton Parsippany cares about their customers and are always ready to help if needed. It makes us happy to keep coming back here, as they welcome us like family. The service is exceptional!

We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Justin D, VIP coordinator at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Hello MrMrsHnj,

Thanks for an all-around great review. We appreciate and thanks for pointing out associates who made your stay memorable. We look forward to seeing you return.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Just a little disappointed in the sense it looks like a castle and it's extremely modern on the inside. Kinda doesn't go with the theme, but overall it is clean has great amenities and it's a great value!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hello 2014J,

Thanks for a very nice review. We appreciate it and we look forward to having you back!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
HYATT house Parsippany-East
Hampton Inn Parsippany
Hampton Inn Parsippany
#4 of 17 in Parsippany
4.5 of 5 stars 360 reviews

Been to Sheraton Parsippany Hotel? Share your experiences!