“Good Sheraton” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Parsippany
McLean, Virginia
“Good Sheraton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Hmm, I think being upgraded to a club room as *just* a gold member definitely adds to the experience, but I am writing them as 5 stars in no way that I am "bribed".

I think this Sheraton is better than the regular sheratons, in many many ways. I would say that the very first thing to impress is the look of the hotel building -- pretty unique and like a castle, which is nice.

I checked in pretty late, and the front desk agent was nice. She gave me 6th floor, at which point I don't know it's the highest floor and the club floor. But I had been nice and told her that I heard the hotel is newly renovated. She smiled and added the club access for me. I am obviously surprised by this since I don't expect gold members to be upgraded to a club floor, but it's very nice.

The room is large, with two nice chair/sofas. The work place is nice. I liked it quite much. The bed is very comfortable. It's obviously new but the linen is soft -- I had experience in other Sheraton/westins which seems to use the same material but being new the sheets feels like plastic, don't know why...Anyways, again the sheet here is really soft and comfortable.
The bath room is a bit small, the only thing draws back from a "newly renovated hotel". But it's still new and they provide extra toiletries, like bath caps and mouth wash, which is definitely a plus in the experience.

I had a really nice sleep here, rejuvenated only after ~5-6 hours of sleep. Felt very nice. I attended the breakfast in the club room. It's an average hot continental breakfast but better than what you generally get from a Sheraton club. More like the breakfast you'll enjoy at a high-end extended stay hotel, like hyatt house or Homewood...So it's nice. And the room is big and clean. So I would say paying extra for the club room may quite worth it for this one.

It's a little far away from NYC, ~40 minutes drive, but that's ok....

Overall a nice experience. I would recommend this hotel to most people.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Justin D, VIP Coordinator at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Hello herbertgzb,

Thanks for a great review, especially coming from an elte starwood preferred member such as yourself. We thank you for it and we look forward to seeing you return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I spend many nights away from home as a traveling consultant. The Sheraton Parsippany is one of the best hotels for work travel I've stayed in. The rooms are spacious, staff is super friendly, food is great for just being 'hotel' food, and the gym is like no other hotel gym - it is a full health club. If you're at the bar, be sure to introduce yourself to Dan, Thomas, and Juli!

I will be back!

Room Tip: Gym is less crowded before work, rather than after.
Green Features: Receive up to 500pts for every night you do not use the maid service. Standard to most Sheraton's.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Justin D, VIP coordinator at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Hello Kevin J,

Thanks for a great review. We appreciate it and we look forward to seeing you return.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Real nice property. For the most part, the staff is friendly. There are a couple curmudgeons among the management staff. I have gold level status, so I visit SPG properties a few times a year. I can say that the health club is among the best I've ever seen inside a hotel, though the men's bathroom was not so healthy. ICK! They need to invest in a cleaning staff and some toilet paper. The urine smell and dirty stalls are just a half-notch above a gas station restroom. On a more pleasant note, the bar & restaurant was a real bright spot. Nice selection of draft brews and bar menu items. The bartender, Dan, provided excellent service despite the crowded bar. He was pleasant, prompt and knowledgeable. I came down for drinks on both nights during my brief stay. He knew my name when I came in the second time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hello KingRoeser,

Thanks for a terrific review. We appreciate it and we look forward to seeing you return in the near future.
Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Beautiful hotel...looks likes a fort. Rooms are nice size and clean. We really enjoyed the pools and exercise room. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. We would definitely recommend this Sheraton. It is very easy to get to from route 80.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a wedding. Had several drinks at the bar. Bartender Dan Bezaniuk was extremely friendly and had our party on the floor laughing with his jokes. Had an overall excellent experience with a great atmosphere and good music. I would highly recommend this hotel for a nights stay. Make sure u go to the bar and ask for
Big Dan!

• Stayed May 2014
Montclair, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I've stayed at this property regularly for over 10 years. I'm impressed with the very low turnover rate in the bar and restaurant. This is a sign of high morale. I want to point out Dan Bezaniuk who's tended the bar for around 14 years. He unfailingly goes out of his way to make each customer feel welcomed in the Tipperary Pub.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Justin D, VIP coordinator at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Hi Ron S,

Thanks for a great review. We appreciate it as well as Dan.

We look forward to your return.
Warren, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

I go here for dinner often with a friend and this place has the best staff! Dan Bezaniuk and Juli Specia were always helpful and great company. The rooms and lobby were super polished, very impressive. The food is also worthwhile, get the sweet potato fries.

• Stayed May 2014
Justin D, VIP Coordinator at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Hi Skiiman,

Thanks for a great review. We appreciate it and Dan and Joli will be recognized for a job well done.

We look forward to your return.

Been to Sheraton Parsippany Hotel? Share your experiences!