“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Montville
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The hotel has been recently renovated and is a great place to stay. The lobby is beautiful and spacious. The rooms are very modern and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The work out facility is one of the best hotel gyms I have ever used - it is open to the public and sells memberships, so it is a "real" gym. The gift shop is well stocked with any item you may have forgotten and is open long hours. Overall, it was a great experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Scott B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Fran K -
Positive feedback like yours is what we hope to get from every guest! We are very proud of our renovated facilities and our service team, and are happy to hear that you enjoyed both during your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Parsippany again for your next stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I went there just before Hurricane Sandy hit and the area lost power - although we were lucky to have backup generators in the lobby areas. It could've been a pretty miserable experience but the staff worked extremely hard to ensure that it wasn't. They somehow managed to have hot food for all of the guests during the outage, and they screened movies in the lobby on a big screen while serving free snacks. After it looked like we wouldn't be getting power back for a while they worked with the guests to rebook them in other locations. At one point a couple of guests really desperately wanted to get to another place in the middle of the storm, and one of the staff took out their personal car and drove them over - despite the high winds and the danger.

The staff are incredibly dedicated, and the hotel itself is a beautiful building with great rooms.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ankit G –
Thank you so much for your kind words! Hurricane Sandy was certainly a whopper for our area, and we all did our best to cope under trying times. We believe that our greatest asset in the hotel is our staff, and we are thrilled that you experienced the great service that they provide. We hope things are back to normal for you now, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future under brighter circumstances.
Locust, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My sister and I were very fortunate that we were staying her when Hurricane Sandy hit the east coast. We were attending the Chiller Theatre Expo which was being held in the hotel when the hurricane struck. Flights were being cancelled left and right, leaving many people stranded, me and my sister included.
It turned out to be a blessing in disguise. The hotel staff went above and beyond what most people would consider their duty to make us comfortable. We were many miles from home, our first trip away from home, and this disaster happened. We were without power, stuck in a hotel with strangers, but the staff made us feel safe and secure and for that I'll be forever grateful.
I hate my trip had to end the way it did, but if I had to be stuck somewhere, I thank God it was at this hotel. I recommend it highly to everyone and look forward to visiting with them again, hopefully minus the hurricane next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Scott B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Felicia M -
Thank you so much for your kind words! We strive for positive feedback like yours from every guest. We are very proud of our renovated facility and the service that our team delivers, and are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience, inspite of the ordeal caused by Hurricane Sandy. The storm certainly threw a curve our way, and we also appreciate our guests who hunkered down with us and were flexible during our mutually trying times. Thank you again for sharing your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Parsippany in the very near future under brighter and more pleasant conditions!
Dallas TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed there during the Sandy storm and the staff at the hotel was very friendly and more than willing to help in any way possible - they provided movies and snacks all day long, spend so many hours trying to find other hotels open to relocate the guests and pretty much did anything in their power to make us feel comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Boyana-Jason_Elliott -
Positive feedback like yours is what we hope to get from every guest! We are very proud of our renovated facility and the service that our team delivers, and are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience while you were with us. Hurricane Sandy certainly threw a curve our way, and we also appreciate our guests who hunkered down with us and were flexible during our mutually trying times. Thank you again for sharing your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Parsippany in the very near future under brighter conditions!
Blairstown, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I hosted a very large event here, and the experience was costly and very unfriendly. the managers were cold and unfeeling and were unwilling to work with me. the rooms were highly overpriced, and I was very disappointed with the entire experience. NEver Never again. We also had rooms with leaks, and dirty rooms.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Scott B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Renae J –
First, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look upon feedback as a gift to help us continually enhance our guests' experience. I would also like to offer my sincere apologies for the challenges you faced during your visit, and would appreciate the opportunity to learn more in an effort to overcome the shortcomings you experience. To discuss things in further detail, please contact me in the hotel’s Executive Office at 973-560-5162. Thank you again, and we appreciate your staying with us.
Wantage, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

10/11/1987 we spent our wedding night at the "Tara". Well, 25 years later my handsome groom brought me back to the scene of the "crime". It was wonderful. The rooms have been upgraded and look great. Just what you would expect in a hotel. I liked all the fireplaces in the lobby areas and the glass lemonade jars filled with water and fresh citrus or berries. The breakfast menu in the restaurant is sparse. I would have liked more of a selection. I thought I remembered valet dressed as beefeaters. They must have gotten retired. Still a very nice place to stay. We were on the club level.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear KimLoizzi -
First, congratulations on your Silver Wedding Anniversary! We were pleased to host your wedding, and equally happy to welcome you back for your anniversary celebration. Positive feedback like yours is what we strive for from every guest. We are very proud of our recently renovated facilities and the service that our team delivers, and are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for sharing your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Parsippany again for your next visit in the near future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

My last review of this hotel was I hate it had to leave. Well they have made me a believer of second changes. This hotel us worth it. The relations mgr was great and understanding she made the arrangements for my stay and every accommodation was thought off. I will be back for sure in fact the end of this month. What a pleasant surprise to know that your thoughts or frustrating us not only heard but attention is paid to it with actually actions. I'm so pleased about how I was treated and beauty of the room and the attention. Thank you to the entire staff but special thanks to customer relations manager that handled my entire stay. Something to say about a hotel that listens to your complaint and not only address it in a public forum but follow up not with excuses but results

• Stayed October 2012
Scott B, Director of Sales at Sheraton Parsippany Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Carlasmile -
Positive feedback like yours is what we hope to get from every guest! We are very proud of our renovated facility and the service that our team delivers, and are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our both. We also thank you for giving us a second opportunity to demonstrate our high level of service. With your specifically mentioning one of our associates, our guest relations representative, Nicole, for listening and then ensuring that we took good care of you during your visit, please know that your comments have been shared with her and she is receiving a special recognition for her efforts. Thank you again for sharing your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Parsippany again for your next visit!

Been to Sheraton Parsippany Hotel? Share your experiences!