“Nice stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3535 US Highway 46 East at Cherry Hill Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Parsippany
Toronto, Canada
“Nice stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I were on a road trip from Toronto to Florida, and we stayed at this hotel as the last stop on the way back to Toronto. The front desk person Davis is super nice and friendly and makes me feel very welcome.All the hotels during this road trip have been booked through priceline, hotwire or hotels, which means we do not have the "right" to choose the room or bed type. And this is true, most of the hotels i have stayed during this trip did not really ask me any preference. Some hotels even gave me a really noisy room facing busy highway even though they have plenty of rooms available. But David at Fairfield kindly asked my preference and let me choose which floor and location I would like to stay. The room is very nice, clean and comfortable. Overall my experience with Marriott hotels has been always good.

I used to be a loyal customer to Holiday Inn chains (Priority Club), and i travel a lot for business. I have always been trying to stay with Holiday Inn no matter where I go. Unfortunately i don't feel i get any priorities or benefits being a gold member with Holiday Inn . After this road trip, I decided to stay with Marriott hotels in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Monica Z,
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear from you and learn of your pleasant stay with us. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you well and give you the special service you deserve. I'll makes sure to share your comments with Davis as well as give him a special commendation for his outstanding service. We're glad to have you as our Marriott guest, and we hope to see you again soon.
Miguel Colon, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Palm Beach County, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel pretty consistently for business for the past 12 months due to my company's travel policies. I travel 2-3 nights a week regularly. I have been a Marriott Rewards member for 15+ years so I am pretty loyal to the chain as a whole. This hotel is "average" both overall and within its brand in the Marriott hierarchy. The front desk staff has consistently been very friendly and efficient. However, the physical condition of the hotel is tired and in need of investment and refurbishing. They insist on keeping the smoking area right outside the front door so one has to walk through a cloud of smoke to even enter the hotel. The lighting and decor not as up to date as other properties. Rooms are ok and have generally been clean but the physical structure is showing its age. Many rooms have doors and latches that have clearly seen better days. While they all lock, the gaps between door and jamb are pretty big in some cases. Similarly, in the bathrooms, the showerheads no longer consistently have and even flow pattern and the toilets have a very low flush pressure and are old. Interestingly, this is one of the only hotels that has figured out how to properly hang the curved shower curtain.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near the elevators as the doors tend to be noisy...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tom F,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you as our guest, and we're happy to know that you are one of our regulars. I'm glad to receive your feedback, and I'll make sure to use it constructively. We hope to continue to provide good service and a comfortable stay for you, and we hope to see you again soon.
Bluff, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel was the ONLY suite I have ever been to where there is NO DOOR separating the bedroom from the living area. When I asked the Front Desk about it, they informed me none of their rooms had doors (except one other room I looked at, but it was a sliding glass door), and gave me a sheet to hang up between the rooms! The living area and the bedroom were small and cramped. I was there Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and rates were over $179 and over per night. The next day I went to the Hampton in Denville, the rates were $80 & $89 per night, I ended up not needing a seperate room, so the King plus sofa one large room was spacious and very comfortable. The bathroom was bigger too. I will write a seperate review on the Hampton, but go there instead! They even have a heated pool!

Room Tip: Go to the Hampton in Denville instead!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
MargaretJune2010,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and consider you to be a valued customer. We regret to hear that you didn't like our modern suite design. Thank you for your feedback.
Beacon, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while holiday shipping in NJ. We were looking for a room that had an in room whirlpool tub, was within our budget and clode to our shopping destinations.

While reading reviews of the hotel that stated that the hotel needed some updating, we didn't feel the same way. The room was nice and comfortable..

The free continental breakfast was ok. The staff working the room were very helpful and courteous.

I would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
dppl1535,
Thank you for staying with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites and writing a nice review about your visit. We're glad you and your wife had a pleasant stay with us while doing some holiday shopping in the nearby area. Hope you got a lot of good buys! Please come and see us again soon.
South Bend
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I don't have a nice experience with this hotel because I booked the hotel ahead of time to find out that the hotel was oversold! The staff explained it was due to weather related (rain and wind... not superstorm sandy though!). The only decent thing is that he called another hotel and sent me there BUT without any compensation. I called later on asking for anykind of compensation and the manager called back and gave me enough points to stay in regular marriott hotel for one night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
yuliechristina,

Thank you for writing a review. We've checked our records but have no record of this account. I'm uncertain as to whether or not you may have mistakenly posted your review to the wrong hotel. I would be more than happy to speak with you about this incident in person if you would like to call me directly. Thank you.
Macungie, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Property needs a little TLC. The sleeping rooms were no more than adequate. The lobby and breakfast area need a refresh. The complimentary breakfast that was provided was poorly presented and there was not much choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
MSA438,
Thank you for your review. We value your business and appreciate you staying with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites. I regret to hear that your visit with us was not a satisfying one. We strive to provide professional and friendly service, and we strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms for all of our guests. I apologize if this is not the service you feel you received while staying with us. We would love to have you return as our guest as we ensure you a more positve experience.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel is typically used by business people Monday to Thursday nights. I checked in on a Saturday and stayed until Monday. Since the hotel was almost empty the room rates were some of the most reasonable in New Jersey. The desk staff was also extremely helpful as they had so few guests to worry about that they could take the time to help and give great ideas on things to do over the weekend. Ate at two great restaurants and enjoyed peace and quite for the weekend. The only issue I had was all the weird roads and the u-turns or the go in the right to loop to the left turns. But then again that is NJ's weird roads and not the hotels issue!

Room Tip: Ask for one on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
travel_to_shop60302,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad you chose to stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites, and we're pleased you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you had a nice relaxing weekend with us. It's good to hear you found some good eats too. Please come and stay with us again soon.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany? Share your experiences!