“Good location to stores of all kinds.Staff was respectful...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Parsippany

You added Travelodge Parsippany to your Saves list
Travelodge Parsippany
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   625 Route 46 East, Parsippany, NJ 07054 (Formerly Howard Johnson Express Inn - Parsippany)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Parsippany

Dubuque, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Traveling on business, I thought I'd do my company a favor and pick a cheap hotel. I learned, at least in this case, cheap = disgusting! When I pulled into the parking lot, I wasn't sure if the place was open for business. Once inside I decided it shouldn't be open. To say the least, I was afraid to be there alone. The desk clerk/manager was not at all friendly - customer service training??? The entire building was filthy. I took the elevator to the second floor only to have to go back outside to get to my room. The door frame had been broken in the past, the wiring ran around the ceiling and into the bathroom. It was encased in tubing and held up by nails. It is February and the heat wasn't turned on! I turned it and found the heating units were mounted on the wall near the ceiling - I was afraid of the room catching on fire. Made coffee in the morning only to have it taste horrible, almost musty. I'm not sure if it was the water or the coffee maker. This was the worst place I have ever stayed. I will never stay there again!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
San Diego,CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Well...it gave me a place to sleep but that is about it. Hotel has dark and depressing rooms...seriously in need of an overall redo or at least a good cleaning. Was not a great bargain but I realize rooms in this area aren't inexpensive. Was glad to leave and glad I only stayed one night. Wouldn't stay there again unless no other choices were available. Door was locked with a chain and not a deadbolt. Not recommended but room was warm at least. Thanks for reading. There are other hotels along the same highway close by...try those first...probably around the same price!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Parsippany hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

If you care enough to read a review about where you're staying, then this isn't the hotel for you. The bed spread was covered in 'white bodily fluid' stains, the room was filthy and smelled damp. My favorite feature was that the router for our floor was located on a shelf above my bathroom sink, the cabling for which ran across my ceiling and through the top of my shower - how does this pass any inspections? At least the WiFi was free and working (see attached photos). Also watched a rat ran across the parking lot and into one of the cracks in the building as I walked into hotel one night - come on Ho-Jo, clean it up.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I had to come to NJ for business and due to Hurricane Sandy, NJ hotels were gauging their prices and nothing was open that was reasonable except this hotel. I am 44 yrs old and have stayed in a lot of places this is by far the most disgusting!! I could vomit still a month later thinkng about it. The sign said newly renovated? Really that must have been in the early 70's. The room was old, filthy, stains on everything, schmutz on the walls BY THE CEILING - I put clothes I had worn that day on everything before I sat/layed on it. It's really a motel as the door is outside - dark, damp hallways. The curtains didn't close oh and it had a CHAIN LOCK....A CHAIN LOCK? Really? My summary feedback says it best, when their survey asked how I could have improved my stay, I told them they could improve the entire city of Parsippany by tearing this building completely down and starting over!

Room Tip: Sleep in your car!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
Red Roof Inn Parsippany
4.5 of 5 stars 233 reviews
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield
Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North

Been to Travelodge Parsippany? Share your experiences!