“Front Desk Staff was nice, but, problem with rooms.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Parsippany
Fairfax, Virginia
“Front Desk Staff was nice, but, problem with rooms.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

The room a/c was incredibly noisy. At this point my daughter was too tired to change rooms and I opened the window. In the a.m. I got moved to another room. This room had a string of ants crawling on the bathroom floor to a hole in the ground by the door. I showed the housekeeper who said she would have the floor sprayed. I didn't want to breath in insecticide and was moved to a third room. Breakfast offered many items, however, the scrambled eggs were cold. This hotel was a disappointment.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New Delhi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I stayed in Holiday Inn, Parsippany in april, 2008.

I was on a business trip from India to US and that too for the first time. This hotel provides you very good connectivity to New York. Its situated there right on Route 40W and there's a NJ transit bus facility all through the day on all days from NJ to NY on this route. Holiday Inn is a designated stop.

There a small market right in front of the hotel, which has shops like chinese food market, Indian mughlai restaurant, Shoprite, Staples and many other convenience stores. If you are hungry, you just have to step outside your hotel room and you can find a burger chain. wow.

Another good thing about the hotel is its shuttle service. If you don't have a car or the license to hire one, you can use the shuttle service, to and fro from your office to hotel.
The hotel staff is courteous and helpful.

Hotel room size is ok for 2. It has basic items like microwave, refrigerator, tea maker, etc.

So, if you are on you office trip and you don't want to spend a lot of money on hotel, Holiday Inn is one good place to stay and relax.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Holden, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

After traveling for 16 hours in bumper to bumper traffic from North Carolina I arrived at the hotel to check in at around midnight. I had called ahead to confirm.

First my employee reservation was refused so I paid full price. I had used the exact same information and confirmation at another HI the night before as well as twice on the way to FL.

I selected this hotel because I had stayed with my husband (an HI owner ) there on the way to FL in Feb. and liked it. We had two Maltese and there were two dogs on the first floor.

My son and my grandson helped with my dogs and luggage to the second floor. As I entered the room the phone was ringing and the front desk manager said "you need to leave, we do not allow pets."

I went to the front desk and explained that I was really upset about this as I had just stayed there and there were two dogs on the first floor. It made no difference - I had to leave and find another place - I was absolutely exhausted.

Since we are in the Holiday Inn business I can assure you we would not have handled this situation that way. This is not the standard of the Holiday Inn but this MOD dd not have any understanding of hospitality.

I have made it clear to my son, who often recommends hotels for his business , that he should not recommend this hotel under any circumstances. I would not go there again and I have told more than a dozen people the same thing. There are plenty of other choices in the area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Northern New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

I cannot believe that nobody has mentioned the incredible noise that comes from the heater. I've stayed here twice, both pre and post renovations and both times the noise was intense.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Syracuse
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

Nicely remodeled Holiday Inn, much more trendy rooms than many of the other Holiday Inn properties that I have stayed in. It is obviously an old hotel, but you can tell that they tried quite hard to make it look modern and up to date. For the price, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

1) Staffs were absolutely great. They were friendly, helpful and polite
2) Their shuttle service was convenient to go restaurant, shopping
3) Room was new renovated, clean, big LCD TV, Microwave and big bed
4) Housekeeping was great enough.
5) Location good.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
virginia, usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

I stayed there as part of a business trip. I was charged for a Movie that I never ordered. I tried contacting their office multiple times and they kept forwarding me to their accounting department, which was nothing but a voice mail box. I left numerous messages but have yet to hear back from them.
Great Breakfast Buffet

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Parsippany Fairfield? Share your experiences!